OT: Rick Nash to Rangers "in progress now"

Guest jkearse123

I wonder if this actually puts fear into the Preds about trading Weber's deal in the future more than puts pressure on the Flyers.

I just speculated the same thing in the shoutbox.

Weber's trade value just dropped off significantly.

• Like 1

Howson is a dummy. Credit to the Rangers for pulling this off. Nash is going to be nasty in NY.

This is one-sided as I've ever seen. Hawson should be shot as his team just got compeltely ripped off. I don't understand this one bit.

And they wanted Couturier and just about everybody else from the Flyers? This trade is flat out disgraceful.

This is one-sided as I've ever seen. Hawson should be shot as his team just got compeltely ripped off. I don't understand this one bit.

And they wanted Couturier and just about everybody else from the Flyers? This trade is flat out disgraceful.

This sounds like a trade some kid would make in a Fantasy Hockey League, who has no idea what he is doing.

Wow. Jackets basically got nothing for Nash. 1st round pick will be a late pick in a weaker draft then this past year. Only lottery picks are gold next draft. Horrible trade. Rangers just got a lot better. A lot! Pretty much shows Nashville is not matching for weber. If g was offer sheeted we know the next hour flyers would have marched. Pretty sure the hold up Is trade negotiations for some picks back to philly. However now with the rangers getting Nash the flyers cannot get rid of voracek unless Ryan or doan is coming in. Rather Ryan.

I'd rather the Flyers signed Voracek than Doan, assuming it's an either/or situation. Just because Voracek can only get better and Doan can only decline.

But if they move a defensman or two and sign them both, the roster will be set.

• Like 2

Howsen should be tarred and feathered. Question here Flyer fans....it was confirmed that Scott turned down Pavelski, Clowe, Demers AND a first from San Jose....How in the holy hell is this rags deal even close to that. It looks like Howsen overplayed his hand, the Sharks backed out and he got stuck. I dunno about you guys, but the smart play here is to wait...somebody will get a wicked injury and be forced to overpay. This is a tragedy....Rags gave up a third line center, a decent character guy in Dubinsky, but his skill set is a dime a dozen, nothing special....Erixson, this kid a prospect they picked up from Calgary....not overly impressed by him, not an elite prospect in my books...and Animosov...another depth guy who can easily be replaced, basically another checker who kicks in points...

Looks like the Blue Jackets let go of their franchise player for a couple glorified checkers and a second tier prospect...LMAO....but the joke is on us. How is it they want Schenn or Couts from us but no Kreider or McDonaugh from the Rags...this reeks of a desperation move by Howsen....what a friggin joke!!

• Like 4

Howsen should be tarred and feathered. Question here Flyer fans....it was confirmed that Scott turned down Pavelski, Clowe, Demers AND a first from San Jose....How in the holy hell is this rags deal even close to that. It looks like Howsen overplayed his hand, the Sharks backed out and he got stuck. I dunno about you guys, but the smart play here is to wait...somebody will get a wicked injury and be forced to overpay. This is a tragedy....Rags gave up a third line center, a decent character guy in Dubinsky, but his skill set is a dime a dozen, nothing special....Erixson, this kid a prospect they picked up from Calgary....not overly impressed by him, not an elite prospect in my books...and Animosov...another depth guy who can easily be replaced, basically another checker who kicks in points...

Looks like the Blue Jackets let go of their franchise player for a couple glorified checkers and a second tier prospect...LMAO....but the joke is on us. How is it they want Schenn or Couts from us but no Kreider or McDonaugh from the Rags...this reeks of a desperation move by Howsen....what a friggin joke!!

I agree on it being a desperation move but for a Russian i think Animosov has a good upside and glad he is gone however Nash adds a lot of firepower to their unimpressive offense i think.

@OccamsRazor I dunno OC, Artem played his 3rd full season and pulled off 39 points. He's a great all round guy, good skater, excellent checker, but I don't see much offensive upside from him. 50 point ceiling I'd say.

Remember he is only 24 still. 16 goals for a third line center ain't shabby... and he plays physical for a Russian.

Dubinsky can't stay healthy and glad he is gone.

Just don't know what this will really do for the Rags.

Erixson i don't know a whole lot about besides he developed mostly in Sweden.

Remember he is only 24 still. 16 goals for a third line center ain't shabby... and he plays physical for a Russian.

Dubinsky can't stay healthy and glad he is gone.

Just don't know what this will really do for the Rags.

Erixson i don't know a whole lot about besides he developed mostly in Sweden.

Edit: I don't know how much it will hurt them just keep them from drafting a Hugh Jessiman..... :D

Dreger is reporting this:

Rangers get Nash, mnr leaguer Steve Delisle

CBJ gets: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon 1st rnd pick, and cond.3rd (goes back to CBJ if NYR make Cup final).

Unbelievable. So Rick Nash wasn't enough in exchange for that collection of middle tier talent? CBJ had to throw in another player and a conditional pick?

Worst.

Trade.

Ever.

• Like 2

Unbelievable. So Rick Nash wasn't enough in exchange for that collection of middle tier talent? CBJ had to throw in another player and a conditional pick?

Worst.

Trade.

Ever.

Agreed, but I'd say Voracek and Cooter were equally as awful.

How this man still has a job is beyond belief..

Agreed, but I'd say Voracek and Cooter were equally as awful.

How this man still has a job is beyond belief..

Pretty close. At least Carter was an All-Star and a 40 goal scorer. The Rangers basically gave up a few spare pieces for Nash.

I thought Amaro Jr. is the worst manager in sport, but Hawson is a super duper one of a kind MORON. This will put more pressure on Flyers to land Weber.

Edited by behnam