Current Winning Streak

Guest mojo1917

it's pretty clear to me that the team is getting some good bounces the last couple of nights.

a couple of soft goals last night from voukon.

there were long stretches of play in the 3rd period last night where the Flyers couldn't clear the D-zone, those time coincided with bourdon's presence. guys were gassed,14 was just standing still in the slot at one point, trying to catch his breath, still the caps couldn't get any shots through, their shots hit sticks and shin pads...

so i'm good with the energy and the speed of the line up . i'm also pretty sure that there will be games where some of these "breaks" go the other way.

i'm a believer of making your own luck though, so if these guys keep hustling, the bounces will be more for than against the rest of the way.

I gotta say i like this team.

One would almost have to be a poster on an internet forum to find something to complain about with this team.

Oh, wait... ;)

They have youth, depth, experience, skill and, it appears, drive. The latter being sorely lacking from the Capitals, for reasons which escape me. Do the Caps just not care any more? They were getting embarassed at home and could barely manage any emotion at all. "Fighting back" to 5-1 with 6 to play doesn't really cut it,

If the Flyers are forced to give Marshall and Bourdon any big minutes in the playoffs, then there will be issues. In December, I'm not as worried. This team was put together to not immediately "miss" many big pieces - the crucial one obviously being Pronger (of course).

They have players who obviously want to win. That's just great to see.

Anyone remember Knuble going off on his team mates earlier this season? From the looks of their collective play thus far after coaching change, I have to say that they are still under achieving. Either that or Mike Green is a bigger piece of their offense than anyone realized. It is beginning to look like they are going to need a roster shake up if they want to get out of the pit they have dug for themselves. The next question is, do they move the only guy on the team that had the courage to say something about it(Knuble) or break up the Caps version of the Center City Posse?

Anyone remember Knuble going off on his team mates earlier this season? From the looks of their collective play thus far after coaching change, I have to say that they are still under achieving. Either that or Mike Green is a bigger piece of their offense than anyone realized. It is beginning to look like they are going to need a roster shake up if they want to get out of the pit they have dug for themselves. The next question is, do they move the only guy on the team that had the courage to say something about it(Knuble) or break up the Caps version of the Center City Posse?

I think this is part of the "trade Semin" talk that's going around - breaking up the Caps' CCP... It's got to be something more than "just" the players because they do have some talent on that team. They're just not playing worth a damn.

Also, Knuble's 9 points in 29 games would earn him a nice healthy sized cup of shutthehellup around here.

Mojo - Just saw the highlights - and they still won 5-1. May not mean anything in May, but hey, this squad like this website has a different mojo, Mojo - Winless in 10 v Caps, the day GMan announced indef, with Bryz besting Vok on the road? Our goalie upped his game a notch when needed, real good to see. I'm sure Holmz enjoyed this one.

the season is a long grind, we've been getting some good breaks to go with our hard work. there will be times when those breaks aren't as good but the effort will be there and we need to remember this nice streak before climbing the walt whitman when a little skid comes.

The next question is, do they move the only guy on the team that had the courage to say something about it(Knuble) or break up the Caps version of the Center City Posse?

I could see Knuble moved at the trade deadline to a team that needs a big body for PP for playoff push. Even at that, Knuble is on the 2nd unit this year.