Have to land Weber w/ Rangers getting Nash

Guest Pauliking

Good Hexy27, good. I thought I was the only one.

We're all getting Weber Fever here and it's understandable. But let's see what the offer sheet produces before we go trading away important roster players. Please. If we have to "suffer" another year with a young D and a terrible goaltender so be it. As bad as Bryzgalov was, as young as our team was all last year we didn't do so bad. Yes we collapsed in the Devils series, and we only beat the Pens because Fleury sucked even more than Bryzgalov (didn't think that was possible). But maybe - maybe...Bryzgalov is reasonably good this year. And MAB, Gus, Mez - another year can do wonders for the rookies and a healthy back should have Mez on track for a great year.

• Like 1

I wouldn't send them Couturier or Schenn either. If the Preds decide to match, then the Flyers brass gave it their all. No sense in dismantling our youth for one player, no matter how good he is.

I like what most have suggested sending down, I just feel like there has to be that "star power" name in the proposal (if there is one). Remember Nashville is still going to have to fill seats. In that case, I think, and I know this is a long shot with the NMC/NTC issues, but I can arguably see Briere going along with MAB and two 1st round picks.

This give the name to sell jerseys, gets them to the cap floor (I think, I should research this before saying it), gets them a solid defense prospect, and a 1st round pick. And to me, minus the age of Briere, is a far better deal than Howsen received for Nash.

As far as Briere's contract, he has a 6.5 million cap hit for the next three years. This year he is paid 7 million, next year three, and two the following. Doesn't help them with the cap floor this year, but it does the next two.

Sent email last night. Haven't heard anything back yet. I think it's only 9am in Nashville right now. I'll post if I hear anything ASAP. God I feel like ek. And that's not a good thing lol

charter plane has arrived back in philadelphia(via Nashville) this morning. muhahahahaaa

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA324/history/20120724/1300Z/KBNA/KMQS

charter plane has arrived back in philadelphia(via Nashville) this morning. muhahahahaaa.

Spoke to soon. Just received the email from my friend. Now it's getting interesting. Not only was Philly vp's there but also vp's from another team. My friends source couldn't identify the other team. Apparently everything is very tight lipped about all of this. From him "there will be a trade between the flyers and Nashville however the rumors in the office indicate the third team Philly brought in to get their other need on the team". Now from me..... I'm so utterly lost. Is it possible? I guess? But c'mon this would be out there on twitter and everything else by now.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA324/history/20120724/1300Z/KBNA/KMQS

charter plane has arrived back in philadelphia(via Nashville) this morning. muhahahahaaa.

Spoke to soon. Just received the email from my friend. Now it's getting interesting. Not only was Philly vp's there but also vp's from another team. My friends source couldn't identify the other team. Apparently everything is very tight lipped about all of this. From him "there will be a trade between the flyers and Nashville however the rumors in the office indicate the third team Philly brought in to get their other need on the team". Now from me..... I'm so utterly lost. Is it possible? I guess? But c'mon this would be out there on twitter and everything else by now.

http://flightaware.c...1300Z/KBNA/KMQS

Ducks and Bobby Ryan? :)

A guy can hope....