My prediction on the Weber trade. Here's what happens

Guest Pauliking

The bottom line is Homer realizes that Pronger won't play again. If he was going to we would know it by now. Do you feel comfortable with the defense we currently have? I don't at all. We have a once in an every twenty year shot to land a top-notch defenseman who will be leading this team for a long time. You have to take that chance. As MadDog said (paraphrase) "I don't want to throw away a good player like Bourdon"(and there's other players I'd rather trade), but if it lands me Weber, I live with trading him.

Thank you. This is a deal that has to get done even if we have to part with a player we hate to part with. You don't get a chance for a D-man like this very often. You have to make it work some how.

Yeah, I don't remember where I read it, might have been Meltzer's column, but saw that the Flyers wanted to be cap compliant without touching Pronger's LTIR money. That tells me that the Flyers are hopeful of his return this year.

Mad Dog said, "I keep hearing the possibility of Pronger actually returning next year is becoming more and more realistic, especially if the start of the season gets delayed."

"And no, no links. Don't ask me for links. This is just the proverbial "word out on the street". Plus the local radio mentioned it several times over the last month."

"Man........... would *that* be mudding waters or what."

It would be but he's almost 40, and has a concussion and it would be total bonus for him to play 15 minutes a night at this point. I'm not counting on it, as much as I like #20. You can't rely on him. I am one of his biggest fans going back to when he played in St. Louis, but he's one hit from retirement and God knows what else for him.

Edited by Flyers3217Cup

I keep hearing the possibility of Pronger actually returning next year is becoming more and more realistic, especially if the start of the season gets delayed.

Do you have a link? The only place I keep hearing that is here.

EDIT: Sorry, I replied before I read the part of your post that said, "don't ask me for links". My bad. But I think it's a pipe dream nonetheless.

Edited by JackStraw

Jack, I did hear a radio interview where the writer interviewed said that Pronger was definitely having more good days than he had been, though he still wasn't anywhere near 100%. Continued improvement, even though slow, is a good sign in this case.