Pre-offersheet trade proposal to Nashville

Guest Phillygrump

I could actually see Mez as a possible for a move. He more than any other d-man on philly did not hide his disdain for Bryz's lackadasical or poor play when he left in a weak goal. The expression on his face said what he thought more often than not.

That's great that Read and Meszaros now know the Flyers were going to trade them. Should really inspire their play this year. If I'm Holmgren I'm firing whoever leaked that.

As for Mez, I'm surprised everyone on the team wasn't doing it...considering weak goals came like clockwork.

Via Dustin Leed on twitter:

Read, Meszaros, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. Leads me to believe if a deal is reached it would be less than this offer since the sheet was signed.

So the Preds signed the offer sheet is what this is saying? This can't be a good thing, can it?

I could actually see Mez as a possible for a move. He more than any other d-man on philly did not hide his disdain for Bryz's lackadasical or poor play when he left in a weak goal. The expression on his face said what he thought more often than not.

He wasn't making a face because his blown assignment led to the scoring chance? :ph34r:

Via Dustin Leed on twitter:

Read, Meszaros, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. Leads me to believe if a deal is reached it would be less than this offer since the sheet was signed.

Wow. If that's correct I can't believe Homer didn't agree to that. My impression (from Meltzer among others) was that at least one of Couturier or Schenn was involved.

EDIT: I was assuming that's what Nashville was asking for. But if instead, that's what Homer was offering, then yeah I can see how Nashville would turn it down.

Edited by JackStraw
  • Like 1

That's great that Read and Meszaros now know the Flyers were going to trade them. Should really inspire their play this year. If I'm Holmgren I'm firing whoever leaked that.

Well, welcome to a wonderful worl dof internet. I agree; this is brutal.

Leed said Dreger broke the offer, leak could have come from Nashville as well. I would like to think that as pros, they won't be affected by this once the season finally arrives.

Leed said Dreger broke the offer, leak could have come from Nashville as well. I would like to think that as pros, they won't be affected by this once the season finally arrives.

With us as fans and judges you'd think their whole careers would be done over this speculative news.

Hope you are right.

I could totally live with that deal. (I'd like to keep Voracek.)

I mean, realistically this offer sheet could have been a tactic to get the asking price from Poile back into more of a middle ground. It could have been to set up a trade that kept Couturier and the Schenns out of it.

Why not? Weaken their leverage and then deal for something that is more in your neighborhood. Its still a good deal, but you don't get yourself raked through the coals.

The best asset the Flyers have is money and they used it to their advantage.

If this is all Holmgren offered, Poile should've faxed him a copy of his middle finger back. This is nothing compared to what Weber brings to the ice. It's no wonder no "progress" was being made on the trade offer deadlines. That's a joke in my eyes. An I like Read!

If this is all Holmgren offered, Poile should've faxed him a copy of his middle finger back. This is nothing compared to what Weber brings to the ice. It's no wonder no "progress" was being made on the trade offer deadlines. That's a joke in my eyes. An I like Read!

i might be alone in this thought, but i think that was a pretty reasonable offer. remember, weber was to be a UFA after next year and was obviously due the huge raise he's gotten. that was a pretty decent return and they would have saved themselves the headache of an entire season of will he/won't he sign. can they sign him? well, it ended up working out that they avoided that anyway, but i think this was a pretty fair offer for a soon to be UFA due a huge raise.