Well that was fun. NSH Matches

Guest jkearse123

I get the whole "homeboy" thing some of you guys are pumped about...but Ryan just doesn't do much for me. Especially for what he'll likely cost. And the whole strengthening our strength when we have Bryzaster in net is going to backfire...again.

Yes that's right. No point in going out of our way for Bobby Ryan. He's not what we need. He'd be fun to watch and won't hurt us defensively but he's not at all what we need.

Damn. Fknsonuvabitch. I would've bet a lot of $$ the Preds wouldn't match.

So Weber is now off the market for a year. Maybe next summer boys!

Agree with others about not going after Ryan. Maybe bring in Doan and resign Voracek and call it a summer. Can always add a D-man at the deadline. I still think this team could make some noise in the playoffs. Sucks not to get Weber because he would have easily made them preseason contenders.

@orange_crush I was just looking at available RFA's to offer sheet....Carlson would be my pick. A mid level offer that does not cost 4 first rounders....or, P.K Subban. If offense is needed, try Kane in Winnipeg. They just offered him under 5 mill a year for 7 years....

Yeah it's disappointing after getting so psyched about Weber in the Orange ^&^ Black but I'm glad we didn't give up MAB and Gus, Mez, Jake - whoever else people were suggesting. The offer sheet was a bold move. It didn't work out but it was a helluva good shot to take.

If Luke Schenn learns to skate and Mez and the rest stay healthy we'll have a solid 3 pairs plus good depth. The Team D is what counts anyway, not 1 guy, whether it's Weber or Bryzgalov.

[edit: though it'll help a lot if Bryzgalov plays like he gives a damn this year]

[edit2: sorry couldn't help myself]

Edited by canoli
  • Like 1