Homer Just Bankrupted the Predators

Guest King Knut

Poile is an idiot who just bankrupted his team.

Well done moron. You could have kept your team competitive for the next ten years while simultaneously forcing the sale of a boatload of new jerseys, but instead you chose to piss off your captain and force him into acting your franchise player when it SHOULD BE QUITE obvious by now that the last thing that Shea Weber wants to be is a Nashville predator.

If you do trade him in a year or four, because he hates his life and asks you for a trade (Rick Nash ring a bell you morons?) whatever you're going to get for him will have cost you Shea Weber AND 30 million dollars.

IDIOTS. FLAT OUT IDIOTS.

So Homer doesn't get Weber, but he has the satisfaction of knowing that beating homer will literally cost the franchise their existence within a few years.

The Predators simply DO NOT have the market to make this deal worth their while.

• Like 1

The Predators simply DO NOT have the market to make this deal worth their while.

with profit sharing, they dont need the market, they take from everyone else's market.

you may be right, but Weber could be the only thing that saves the franchise. If they can weather the first few years of the contract, Weber becomes a very reasonable deal at 7.8 mil as the cornerstone of the franchise for his career. The sad thing is, he could have been the cornerstone of the Flyers franchise for his career too, in obviously a MUCH bigger hockey market.

with profit sharing, they dont need the market, they take from everyone else's market.

you may be right, but Weber could be the only thing that saves the franchise. If they can weather the first few years of the contract, Weber becomes a very reasonable deal at 7.8 mil as the cornerstone of the franchise for his career. The sad thing is, he could have been the cornerstone of the Flyers franchise for his career too, in obviously a MUCH bigger hockey market.

OOOOooooocccccchhhhhhhh!

Amen brotha can i get a witness??????

Edit:

The ultimate EFF YOU to Homer by Poile....now you've shown your hand, you want this dude BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD so next year when we can trade him it's gonna cost you double or i traded him to the Rags for nothing!!!!

Edited by hf101

you may be right, but Weber could be the only thing that saves the franchise.

Profit sharing won't cover all the signing bonuses.

Weber can't carry the team or the franchise on his own. Rick Nash tried that and failed miserably.

It won't be any different for Weber.

My guess is that Nashville still plans to trade him (probably to the Flyers) they just want to get what they want for him. I say chances are good Homer calls their bluff and lets them play it out with the 110 million dollar man. he knows they can't do it.

You may be able to wipe up the ice with his team ON the ice, but you don't screw with Homer in business. Poile's dug himself a hole no single player can dig him out of.

I don't think the Predators will be trading Weber anytime soon...unless he holds out and demands a trade. They are going to pay him $27 million in the next 341 days. Assuming there's a season..if not, he still gets his signing bonus this year AND next July 1st..so it's $26 million, minimum between now and July 1, 2013.

Doubt this team makes that kind of financial commitment to a player they intend to move in 15 months....highly doubtful.

• Like 1

The ultimate EFF YOU to Homer by Poile....now you've shown your hand, you want this dude BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD so next year when we can trade him it's gonna cost you double or i traded him to the Rags for nothing!!!!

I think the league would nullify any such deal on the grounds that Poile is completely insane.

Now that I mention it, the league may fully be not okay with this deal as it is. There was never any guarantee that if the deadline passed and we got him that the league wouldn't look at this and say, WTF!! You can't do this Homer!" especially not while we're going to be pretending for another decade that Pronger might come back and while they're in a heated debate with the Player's union over exactly the issue of front loaded decade long contracts with huge signing bonuses.

Still... I wouldn't be surprised if now that they've signed him, we see Homer make a trade for him. This could just be a ploy for Poile to get something he really wants if he knows he has to lose Weber either way.

Homer may just tell him to go to hell, you had your chance.

Personally, I probably would have taken one of the earlier deals he was offered or the 4 first rounders guaranteed by the deal because either way, it's going to be a lot easier for a team like Nashville to sign a player like Shea Weber Next year under the new CBA than it is now.

That's the other part of this... after the new CBA, a player like Weber won't be able to command a 14 year contract... they're trying to get the maximum contract length down to 5 years. Chances are good they'll end up around 7 or so which is still but, but it will handcuff guys like Homer and The Wild from throwing around deals like these big names got this summer.

Ultimately my point is, it would be a HELL of a lot cheaper for Poile to replace Weber next off season with whoever the top D man is then.

Still the smartest thing to trade him right back to us now for Poile.

Holmgren toyed with our affections by even making that deal.

What we have to take away from this is that no other team will have Weber, and the Predators will sink back into the mud.

He tried to get out, but Poile's pride dragged him back.

• Like 2

This will have little effect on the organization. They'll spend to the cap as they've promised. They've got a guy named Wilson Who is an eccentric multi-billionaire who will back what they do. By all accounts he's a very shrewd businessman who has a little nasty streak in his business side. There's been talk of him buying the majority if the team starts to flounder. The guy has money to burn and apparently doesn't mind doing it if need be.

It's okay man! Holmgren took an all or nothing and lost. It was a daring attempt.

I heard he is now up to a 20% stake in the team..not too long ago, it was only 5%, I believe.

I tried researching it again but the only thing I could find still showed 5% so sorry if my info was dated. Either way, eccentric billionaire somewhere in the mix... who knows what will happen.