Doan decision?

Guest trevluk

Anybody know when Doan is supposed to decide where he is going to play? Do you think Philly is a realistic possibility?

Well the one positive about adding him if that is even possible, (refuse to get my hope up now after what just happened) is he wouldn't cost anyone off the roster to add. Good luck.

@trevluk

Just watching a show called "That's Hockey" on TSN in Canada, and they said Doan has given a deadline of Friday for the Coyotes to get their ownership thing worked out. They said there were 16 teams interested in him and he was going to tell the teams that he was not interested in them so they could move on. They also said that they could see Doan continuing to drag out his signing with someone until the Phoenix Ownership thing is figured out.

Anybody know when Doan is supposed to decide where he is going to play? Do you think Philly is a realistic possibility?

To answer the question - he expects an update from the potential Coyotes owner by Friday and if there is no progress will start reviewing the offers he has already received.

I'm really worried about a few things regarding Doan....one, it's a +35 contract. Secondly, the term...he will want at least 4 or 5 years....and third...he will command 6+ plus a year. I agree he's a really nice player with intangibles up the wazoo...but I really don't think it's in the best interests of the franchise to hamstring ourselves for that long for that much...not when it does not come off the cap except for long term injury. Reluctantly pass.

The other factor...Doan's money will stretch into the timeframe with Couts, Girous, and B.Schenn all have to be re-upped. All this and we don't know how the new CBA will constrain us. That worries me also.

• Like 1

I'm really worried about a few things regarding Doan....one, it's a +35 contract. Secondly, the term...he will want at least 4 or 5 years....and third...he will command 6+ plus a year. I agree he's a really nice player with intangibles up the wazoo...but I really don't think it's in the best interests of the franchise to hamstring ourselves for that long for that much...not when it does not come off the cap except for long term injury. Reluctantly pass.

The other factor...Doan's money will stretch into the timeframe with Couts, Girous, and B.Schenn all have to be re-upped. All this and we don't know how the new CBA will constrain us. That worries me also.

I totally agree with you. I think a 2-yr deal (maximum) would be an easier pill to swallow, in exchange for the kinds of intangibles that Jagr brought last year.

I'd like Doan but not for a 4 - 5 year contract. Also don't think he's worth $6M/year.

How would a 4 year deal work with his age?

Would a 4 year, front loaded deal average over each year for the cap hit because he'd turn 40 in the 4th year?

I forget how that works.

I'd rather have Bobby Ryan, if the trade cost isn't sky high. Maybe dump a couple of those #1 picks we were willing to give to Nashville? It may take a little more than that though.

I'd rather have Bobby Ryan, if the trade cost isn't sky high. Maybe dump a couple of those #1 picks we were willing to give to Nashville? It may take a little more than that though.

I agree, I'd rather have Ryan but as long as the cost isn't too great. Never a boring summer when it comes to Holmgren.

Big fan of Bobby Ryan.

And Anaheim is probably looking to free up cap space so they can re-sign Getzlaf & Perry.

Big fan of Bobby Ryan.

And Anaheim is probably looking to free up cap space so they can re-sign Getzlaf & Perry.

They're both making $5.3M now. Even if they get $8.7M that's just an extra $7M on the cap.

Kovu and Selanne both expire this season. That's $8.3M right there - they have $41M in space on the books next season.

Anaheim doesn't have to move Ryan - they can if they get the deal they want for him.