Crossing Broad sums it up perfectly....

Guest murraycraven

Here is a clip from Crossing Broad:

"The Flyers tried for, and missed out on, Weber, Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. They traded James van Riemsdyk and Sergei Bobrovsky, and didn’t re-sign Jaromir Jagr or Matt Carle. They added Luke Schenn (easily the best of this bunch), Ruslan Fedotenko, Bruno Gervais, and re-signed Michael Leighton. That’s not progress."

Could not agree more... no progress. Give Homer credit for having the gonads to make the offer but barring a miracle we are in for a mediocre season my friends.

Weber was the main prize, it didn't work...I personally think they should sit tight and head into camp with this current roster. At least wait until the deadline to see what we have and where we need to add help...

• Like 3

Weber was the main prize, it didn't work...I personally think they should sit tight and head into camp with this current roster. At least wait until the deadline to see what we have and where we need to add help...

Totally agree Nate... no reason to panic right now. we will have some $$$ to spend after this season.

• Like 1

No reason to get upset. There will be lots of money to spend in the offseason. Giroux can get a raise, we can keep Hartnell, maybe we can move for Ryan. Who knows.

Weber would have been the ultimate prize, but that was not to be. It doesn't mean this playoff team sucks now.

No reason to get upset. There will be lots of money to spend in the offseason. Giroux can get a raise, we can keep Hartnell, maybe we can move for Ryan. Who knows.

Weber would have been the ultimate prize, but that was not to be. It doesn't mean this playoff team sucks now.

I dont think they "suck" but they are a 6th to 8th seed right now IMO. If LA proved anything it is you just need to make it to the dance... even the ugly kid can score a hot chick if lucky enough.

love the one yor're with! do, do -- do do -- do, do, do ta do!" " do da doot"

credit goes out to NastyNate for the inspiration... it is time for all of us to move on w/ the Weber "what could have been" scenarios... we lost out on the premier defensemen and the ultimate nuetralizer in the league but all is not lost... we have a very good young group of players that will be exciting to watch grow for years to come...

So, if you can't be with the one you love (Shea Weber) love the one you're with... do, do -- do do -- do, do, do ta do!

Let's move on... we have a lot of money to spend after this year... Perry, and top of the line Dman, etc...

thanks @murrycraven

i still think our team will be exciting to watch and with my limited time for entertainment that means something.

i hope we don't "go all in" on bobby ryan, or shane doan.

i hope we play out this year & then see what's what next year, corey perry, tobias enstrom, there's guys on the docket for next year that can help our club using only money and keeping our good young guys, who'll have had another season under their belts...

not going to pack it in an declare the season lost over this.

it's a new season no one owns anyone, we don't own the pens the rags don't own us, it's 0-0 for everyone.

• Like 1

It always takes (at least) two to make a deal for any player that is not UFA.

If no other moves are made, we will have more cap space available then we have since the cap that "Mr. Snider" agreed to -- oh yeah; he may secretly hate it, but he went with the rest of the group -- to make the team better.

Maybe for once, we'll use that money wisely -- unlike certain other teams in this town; the Flyers, at least in the last 20 years; were never accused of being the cheap skates. Only the Eagles won the Salary Cap Remainder Balance Cup. Hell, even the Phillies found their inner-Amex the last few years...

I'm sure Homer can find a few "D" men with skills,grit,price and price to solve the situation. This team is still very soft from one end to the other.Remember the Rangers(no wins),the Devils series(embarrasing). Homer hanging on to Cooter and Schenn at all cost,but gets rid of JVR,Jagr,and Carle. Appears he doesn't want to sign Voracek,whats next,more offer sheets? The Flyers seem desperate,no doubt the other GMs noticed.

I'm sure Homer can find a few "D" men with skills,grit,price and price to solve the situation. This team is still very soft from one end to the other.Remember the Rangers(no wins),the Devils series(embarrasing). Homer hanging on to Cooter and Schenn at all cost,but gets rid of JVR,Jagr,and Carle. Appears he doesn't want to sign Voracek,whats next,more offer sheets? The Flyers seem desperate,no doubt the other GMs noticed.

JVR and Jagr weren't exactly heavy hitters, so they don't support the "soft" assertion. I also disagree with you that Homer doesn't want to sign Voracek. I think he was waiting to see how the Weber thing panned out. I firmly believe that jake will be signed. I also like that Couturier and Schenn (both) are still here.

Bottom line is that I don't think it will be all gloom-n-doom like some people are thinking.

• Like 1

the rangers owned us last year. now they've acquired one of the top players in the league, who you can bet will have a career year. let's face it... we have not improved from last year. on paper, that is. if they kids can really step it up, we'll see. but, basically, to have a better team this coming year we need *everybody* on the team to step it up. pretty unlikely.