Curling

Guest blocker

We don't have an exact date yet, but some time after Christmas, my wife and I are going to a ski lodge for a couple days. There's a rink in the complex. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I think I might take some curling lessons. They're available, and It seems like it would be fun.

I no longer skate, because I'm afraid of falling. But, I think I could remain upright without skates.

Either FC or Podein said that there was drinking involved in the sport. I've got that part down pat, it's the sliding that might be tricky.

In all seriousness blocker, if you've never curled before, or stepped foot on a sheet of curling ice, I'd advise against it if you have been drinking. The adultsthat I know who drink while curling have been doing it since they were kids, so they know how to do it without concussing themselves.

Did my wife call you?

Seriously, I value your advice. I wouldn't go on the ice after drinking. And, I really hate to admit it, but I'm probably too old. I go on the ice here once in awhile, but I'm on a carpet or holding onto the boards.

Did my wife call you?

Seriously, I value your advice. I wouldn't go on the ice after drinking. And, I really hate to admit it, but I'm probably too old. I go on the ice here once in awhile, but I'm on a carpet or holding onto the boards.

There is always shuffle board. You can drink while doing that- yet there is still the risk you may fall. Asphalt hurts just as much as ice. (Joking of course!!)

Van....

A number of years ago, I stop at a store in Plattsburgh, New York to buy some beer. Ahead of me in line was a guy who was an evident steady customer. He buys a six pack of cans. The clerk behind the counter tells him that a six pack of bottles of the same beer is on sale and costs five cents less than the cans. The old guy replies that he prefers cans, because they don't break when you fall down.

Words to live by, my friend.