Well Done Homer

Guest Dynamo 47

Anyone interested in Petr Sykora? He would be a nice fallback to Doan, and actually might be a better choice. Similar production, younger, and cheaper. But he's got Devil stink on him ;)

I think it would be hard to get him away from New Jersey, but I was thinking along these lines looking throgh the remaining FAs on TSN...

A lot of us were underwhelmed by the previous draft as well . . .until we saw Coutourier play.

Huh? After the 1st round I spend 2 seconds wondering why we didn't pick Dougie Hamilton, then the rest of the summer thinking "HOLY @#$% SEAN COUTURIER DROPPED TH 8TH!!!!...WOOHOO!!!"

Hi Howie-

The problem is that this years draft was loaded with d-men through the first 60 picks (2 rounds). With both our first and second round pick, it seems that we did not draft the best player on the board. So, your optimism for homer to draft a d-man in the future is skeptical to me. While I am sure it will happen by chance, THIS year was the year of the d-man when it comes to drafts.

Enjoy your merlot.

;)

Bought a bottle of Wayne Gretzkys yesterday. Having a bbq for our ball hockey team and wives/girlfriends tomorrow. Hoping to try it BEFORE beers 10 through 20.

Hi Howie-

The problem is that this years draft was loaded with d-men through the first 60 picks (2 rounds). With both our first and second round pick, it seems that we did not draft the best player on the board. So, your optimism for homer to draft a d-man in the future is skeptical to me. While I am sure it will happen by chance, THIS year was the year of the d-man when it comes to drafts.

Enjoy your merlot.

;)

Van:

Greetings and best wishes! I hope you and yours are well.

It's funny, tonight I deviated from the usual and went to a place called "Hollywood Wine Bar" and had myself a Carmenere. It was quite good...a bit strong, but what the hell.

You and others commented on the lack of our D in the draft. I thought going after a shut-down type forward was OK in the first round. I am not in a position to comment on what we got or didn't get but history says we do well with our later round picks.

I suspect we will see more D in draft. And for all we know, Homer and the crew will go to Europe or somewhere and find someone out of the magician's hat. But I agree with some of the commentaries out there that our D enters 2013 with many, many question marks. Homer seems to put a good spin on it but this may be a weak link.

Stay well!

Howie