Voracek signs 4 years at 4.25 per....

Guest jammer2

Nice deal for Voracek....he got a bit more than I thought he would, but let's face it, our second best pure offensive threat after G. Will be nice to watch him develop, 4 years takes him right into his prime.

Good, i think this is a good deal he'll be worth that shortly, maybe even this year, i think by the end we'll think he's a bargain.

he has blossomed with this group of players, i think he likes his teammates and their abilities and likes the fact that as a group they can be successful unlike his situation in Columbus.

• Like 2

@mojo1917 "Good, i think this is a good deal he'll be worth that shortly, maybe even this year,"

Agreed, it does seem like one of those nice compromise deals where some of the money is based on future projections. He will grow into this deal and be worth the investment. Funny how this works out, the Flyers got a boatload more out of Carter than the Jackets got out of Nash...wow, who woulda thought huh?

Nice deal for Voracek....he got a bit more than I thought he would, but let's face it, our second best pure offensive threat after G. Will be nice to watch him develop, 4 years takes him right into his prime.

you think Vorechek has more offensive skill than Briere?

@orange_crush Voracek got a fair, market value contract based on present and future production. This is a real nice deal for us, you are obviously in the minority here...I don't think you have a firm concept of fair market value.

these salaries are out of control..no wonder theres going to be a lockout...Jake has raw talent but is not at this level yet..

@orange_crush

16g and 37a for Briere in 2012

18g and 31a for Voracek in 2012

The money is not that bad OC, look at comparable cap hits for each player. http://www.capgeek.com/comparables.php?player=589&season=2012

Giroux signed that contract before the Flyers 100% knew what they had. Besides Giroux's contract is back loaded, he'll get paid 5mm next year on the last year of his contract and I am sure he'll get a huge raise after that.

• Like 2

wow overpaid for this guy..making more money than Giroux...what a disgrace..

until G becomes an RFA yes... once he gets to RFA status do you think Homer will f around with him and not give him the deal he's worthy of ?...

it's timing, when it is time to re-up with Giroux his deal with dwarf this.

• Like 2

@orange_crush

16g and 37a for Briere in 2012

18g and 31a for Voracek in 2012

The money is not that bad OC, look at comparable cap hits for each player. http://www.capgeek.c...589&season=2012

Giroux signed that contract before the Flyers 100% knew what they had. Besides Giroux's contract is back loaded, he'll get paid 5mm next year on the last year of his contract and I am sure he'll get a huge raise after that.

Briere had an off year last year..you can't honestly tell me you think Jake is a better goal scorer than Danny boy...

@orange_crush Voracek got a fair, market value contract based on present and future production. This is a real nice deal for us, you are obviously in the minority here...I don't think you have a firm concept of fair market value.

if this is fair market value then Giroux should be making at least 10 mill a year..

@orange_crush

I am not too sure, but look at Danny B's stats in his first four seasons in the league post his draft. Pretty unimpressive if you ask me. In fact, he didn't find his groove until 8 years after he was drafted.

As of now Danny B is a better player, but in a few years it will be hard to tell. Briere is a center and had a rough time playing wing. Voracek is a winger, something this team is sorely lacking. There is a premium for these sorts of things.

Voracek will out score Briere this year, mark my words.

• Like 1

Briere had an off year last year..you can't honestly tell me you think Jake is a better goal scorer than Danny boy...

The difference-maker to me is Danny is winding down and Jake is winding up. That's what makes this contract appropriate at this time.

• Like 2