Lavy to be extended

Guest Poulin20

@Vanflyer

Hitch is a good coach. Actually........ make it a *very* good coach. Anybody who says otherwise has no clue what he is talking about.

The problem with Hitch is that his abrasive style and apparent impatience with players who are not developing as fast as he would like to, gives him a very short window to win.

Till this day, it kills me every time I think of how close the Flyers came in 2004. Tampa was not a much better team and only won thanks to the fact that the Flyers were significantly injured in that series. But Hitch got them playing at a very high level and I have no doubt that if they beat Tampa in the conference finals, they would win the Cup that year. I would say if you evaluate Hitch's tenure here, you have to give him somewhere between A- and B... someheree in that range.

• Like 2

between A- and B... someheree in that range.

definitely an A-. Your comment on "apparent impatience" is interesting. While Hitch is certainly abrasive, not as much as Keenan and probably no more so than Lavi. It is interesting how we, as fans, perceive our coaches. The 24/7 series is cool because it gives legit insight.