Giroux says Crosby "hacked his wrists before every faceoff"

Guest jkearse123

Reading the article in full changes how i feel about this, sadly in the soundbite era in which we live, the eagles are a dynasty gets pulled out of a thoughtful michael vick quote and crosby hacked my wrists gets pulled out of this story. too bad for all us that this is what we like, building them up to tear them down...

Karma is a *****.

Also, too, "deliberate attempt to injure" is the definition of "major penalty" - you know, "within the game of hockey."

on one hand, i don't like it when players come out and tell secrets about stuff that happens on the ice. on the other, it's kinda about time that players start outing cindy for the dirty little b*tch that he is so the shine can be wiped off him.

@DaGreatGazoo If you're gonna be dirty, expect it back. That includes shots to the head. That's how the game flows...you get what you give....no matter who you are. If you have a bad mush, it's best to stay out of this type of pissing match....cause karma is waiting right around the next corner in this league.

• Like 1

@DaGreatGazoo If you're gonna be dirty, expect it back. That includes shots to the head. That's how the game flows...you get what you give....no matter who you are. If you have a bad mush, it's best to stay out of this type of pissing match....cause karma is waiting right around the next corner in this league.

Exactly. "Malkin" him right in the head.

As much as I hate Crosby, I don't like to see players injured, even him. Yet he obviously has no respect for other players, even deliberately attempting to injure them. Now, I a hope some vengeful loa haunts Crosby with a serious head injury that leaves him heaving bile every morning for the rest of his life.

As much as I hate Crosby, I don't like to see players injured, even him. Yet he obviously has no respect for other players, even deliberately attempting to injure them. Now, I a hope some vengeful loa haunts Crosby with a serious head injury that leaves him heaving bile every morning for the rest of his life.

@TedZep,

This is exactly why the teams onle announce the "Upper Body injury" and "lower body injury". It keeps the punks from exploiting your injuries. If you don't want any type of retaliation, don't initiate it.

You reap what you sow.

if it isn't wrestling, why is a man's hand going near another man's package during competition?

Or football... and those hands near the package are deliberate on every play (save for the shotgun formation where a longing gaze is preferred to actual physical contact). Just wanted to tie up loose ends...

Or football... and those hands near the package are deliberate on every play (save for the shotgun formation where a longing gaze is preferred to actual physical contact). Just wanted to tie up loose ends...

hahahaha

nice ! :D

This whole topic is funny to me. When Hartnell bit Letang in a scrum I don't think anyone here was calling him a b*tch and saying someone should knock his head off. I actually thought it was dirty but kinda funny in a big pile up. Briere does more damage with his stick than other team's entire rosters. Face offs are face offs. A LOT of players use little tricks to get an edge... including using the stick to tie up the opposing players hands. This is done by centers across the league. Hell I've had it done to me in men's league games where wins mean nothing. Intent to injure? Really? I'd say it's more an intent to win the face off. Come on fellas... so you're saying Giroux isn't doing similar things to win face offs? How about punching Crosby in the head, twice, after the whistle at the side of the net? This is ALL part of hockey. It's not dirty or intending to injure anybody. It's emotional, it's competitive, and it's part of what makes hockey the great sport it is. A game on the edge. Many of you are calling it what it is.. petty. But many of you are just being hypocrites.

speaking of enjoying a warped sense of humor (something my wife tells me I possess as well), your avatar gets a good chuckle out of me when I see it

cheers!

Haha thanks! I think I originally got that from a Photoshop Phriday on somethingawful.com. Great site if you've never checked it out - the Photoshop Phriday and Comedy Goldmine sections in particular.

Cheers to you as well, and have a great weekend! :)

-judging by your FZ avatar name I would say your sense of humor is just fine... warped maybe but pretty damn funny too!

Thanks! Yes, listening to FZ has never been too much help in shaking any warped thoughts I may have. But it has provided some great ideas for getting them out once in awhile. ;) What a brilliant man he was...

Bobby Clarke would have slashed his own mother to win a face off. Any Flyers fan who complains about this kind of stuff is being silly.

I was reading through the posts with the intention of answering one with a mention of Bobby Clarke's handiwork. You beat me to it.

Giroux could pick up a couple pointers.

He was absolute genious... When I first say your name I started laughing b/c I was just listening to Waka Jawaka... love FZ.

Great album! Too bad there isn't someone else out there picking up where he left off. There'll never be another like him. The consolation, I guess, is that he certainly left us with an enormous wealth of genius material to consume. Crap, how long is it til 5:00 now? I want to throw on "Rudy Wants to Buy Yez a Drink" and crack one open myself! :)

Edited by DinahMoeHumm

Great album! Too bad there isn't someone else out there picking up where he left off. There'll never be another like him. The consolation, I guess, is that he certainly left us with an enormous wealth of genius material to consume. Crap, how long is it til 5:00 now? I want to throw on "Rudy Wants to Buy Yez a Drink" and crack one open myself! :)

- there will NEVER be another FZ... never.

it is funny b/c some people I know just get so annoyed listening to him (my wife in particular) but thinks he is/was an incredibly intelligent person. When I first told her that FZ was very much against drugs she swore I was wrong. The guy was just a once in a lifetime figure...

I take enormous pride in the fact that my twelve year old son listed FZ as his favortie musician in his yearbook this year!

• Like 1

Your son deserves a medal for that! :)

Yeah, my wife will get annoyed when I listen to FZ too much or for too long, but she absolutely respects him as a musician, father, human being, etc. I guess his music just isn't for everyone. But he was so diverse over his career I think pretty much anyone could find at least *something* that they liked. And you're right, he was very against drugs. Hell, he hardly ever even drank or socialized too much because he thought it was a waste of time that took him away from his creativity.

Kudos to you and your son both. My two daughters love when I put the Zappa on. In fact, they both have a couple shirts as well (ones that are safe for school, of course). So have we officially hijacked this thread? :P

All the best to you and your family, and have a great weekend!

@DinahMoeHumm Funny how someone as anti-drug as Frank ended up being such a huge drug culture favourite. His music is anything but mainstream (even top hits such as Moving to Montana don't get much radio play, much to my chagrin) so I can see how it was so easy for the psychedelic crowd to warm up to it. Great underrated talent....does not get talked about enough.