Giroux says Crosby "hacked his wrists before every faceoff"

Guest jkearse123

@radoran

I highly disagree with your evaluation of Crosby with flopping and what not. In his rookie season sure, he dove and did a lot of stupid complaining. But since then, the man has matured miles and though he is still vocal and passionate, he doesn't dive or do a lot of the BS he did as a kid fresh in the league. How many 18 year olds come in and don't have a learning curve? Think about how you'd have been as an 18 year old put in that position. I'm sure we'd all have had flaws, and he is no different. As for Giroux going after him and checking him, great play. Not something I'll really remember in a year or two though, as it was just once of many plays in a good series that your boys outplayed mine in. Everybody gets knocked down sometimes. If it were Paul Martin he'd hit instead of Crosby, many would have already forgotten about it. Wasn't a top ten body check or anything. LOL

I'll just look at the playoffs. This past season's playoffs.

The tap to the back that he dropped as if he was shot - after skating away from a scrum he started.

The Voracek glove and the crybaby "we don't like them" reaction afterwards.That's just bush league stuff.

I agree he had taken a step or two forward away from this sort of childishness, but this past season - and the playoffs - he took a pretty big step backwards and his lack of composure and leadership was a prime factor in the Pens' postseason failure..

And, again, the point of my response to you - Giroux *did* take care of business on the ice.

@radoran It was blatantly obvious the Flyers got to Sid, and the Flyers fed off his loss of composure. It was beautiful to behold. Yeah sure he's human..yadda yadda yadda....but Crosby took his eyes off the prize and his team suffered for it. Expect more of the same next April, until he can prove he can stay focused like previous playoffs.

• Like 1

You hate Crosby with a passion, I get it, but you really lose credibility commenting on him letting that hatred tinge every single incident.

Being a Penguins fan and Crosby apologist loses credibility here.

Also, don't come to a Flyers forum and question my credibility because "God forbid we hate that sorry excuse for the face of the NHL."

Crosby is a punk masquerading as this classy player. Save your defense of him for the Penguins forum.

I do hate Crosby. I'm also not alone. A bunch of people hate him. Not because he's a gifted player, but because he's a weasel little punk but hardly ever takes any backlash for being that type of player. He's revered and his antics are ignored by homer fans like you that Pittsburgh welcomed back.

@Polaris922

If Crosby played for any other team in the NHL besides yours you would absolutely hate him for the same reasons.

Don't go seeking acceptance for that little turd on a Flyers forum. If you want people to blindly worship Bettman's little buddy go hang out in the Pittsburgh forum.

I don't see what you get out of lurking on this Flyers forum anyway. We don't necessarily need the perspective of a blind Pittsburgh homer.

@Phillygrump "We don't necessarily need the perspective of a blind Pittsburgh homer."

I'm thinking you're not speaking for the majority of the Flyer fans here. Polarsis is a fair poster who is welcome here. Obviously things will get heated, but he's not getting personal, you are.

• Like 1

@radoran It was blatantly obvious the Flyers got to Sid, and the Flyers fed off his loss of composure. It was beautiful to behold. Yeah sure he's human..yadda yadda yadda....but Crosby took his eyes off the prize and his team suffered for it. Expect more of the same next April, until he can prove he can stay focused like previous playoffs.

Furthermore, I think Crosby showed his true colors more publicly in that series too. He acted like a whiney spoiled little kid (gee I wonder why people don't like him, everyone loves entitlement combined with whining) in front of the entire hockey viewing world because everyone was watching that series and watching Bettman's beloved stepchild make a fool of himself.

@Phillygrump "We don't necessarily need the perspective of a blind Pittsburgh homer."

I'm thinking you're not speaking for the majority of the Flyer fans here. Polarsis is a fair poster who is welcome here. Obviously things will get heated, but he's not getting personal, you are.

I just told him his credibility was in question as well then.

Why would mine be in question and not his? He is accusing me of having a muddled perspective because of my hatred for Crosby (which is founded on plenty of examples) therefore isn't his credibility in question for his love of Crosby (that is founded on blind homerism)?

Thats not personal, I just do not trust him yet entirely as a legit poster. That is just my opinion.

I am hesitant to trust him based on some of his posts here that radoran deleted during the playoffs.

@Phillygrump We should try to keep it civil here, Polaris is not taking pot shots at you grumpster.

I didn't trash him. Did I come off that way? I just think there should be some courtesy. Don't come on to the Flyers forum and question my credibility as a poster based on my dislike of Crosby. I think that is a bit disrespectful.

If I did that in the Pittsburgh forum I'd be treated accordingly. In fact, I accidentally did that once and was. And I apologized for it and moved on.

Grump hates Crosby so much it f*cks with his mind. :)

And.....I guess I don't have any room to talk, which is why I have to steer clear of these discussions....

He is a tool used by the NHL to harvest casual fans and in that attempt the NHL has sacrificed its integrity and cheapened itself in the eyes of the true hockey fan.

And yes I should avoid these types of discussions because I have said my piece dozens of times.

@Phillygrump "I don't see what you get out of lurking on this Flyers forum anyway. We don't necessarily need the perspective of a blind Pittsburgh homer."

I just don't think that was called for. Just trying to keep the peace here, don't want to take sides, but I am a mod, Digs can't be here all the time, so it's up to the mods to keep the discussions civil....that's all I'm trying to accomplish. Perhaps his comment could be interpreted as disrespectful, I just felt you were flying into the personal attack territory. It's obviously a hot button topic, but we are trying to create traffic, not openly discourage fans from other teams from posting.

@Phillygrump Didn't mean to come off like a heavy or anything bro. I have no idea about the deleted playoff posts, there is no mod record of him being warned or put on notice that I can see. He's a good guy based on what I've seen so far. So are you....just trying to keep the peace on a sensitive topic.

@jammer2

Ok, but I would be cautious of his intentions of being here. I would hate for this forum to go the way of Philly.com. Heck, even pauli is allowed a 20th chance by being allowed on this forum.

Polaris came into this forum under caution. I guess I don't see how what I wrote is really that offensive, but his questioning of my credibility is not a problem?

I'm not going to start trashing the guy, but I don't think there is anything wrong with defending myself when someone, who I think is a blind Pittsburgh homer, questions my credibility on the Flyers forum.

I suppose a better way to say it is that "I don't necessarily need the opinions of a blind Pittsburgh homer" that way I'm not speaking for everyone.

@radoran

The glove thing was stupid I agree. But in a way I found it was funny in the same light I found Hartnell biting Letang in the regular season game was funny. The cross check to the back I just figured his guard was down ten feet from the bench and the fall was more not being braced for anything than any severity of the cross check, but I can see your side of it as well.

@Phillygrump

My comment about your credibility on Crosby was solely on Crosby, not hockey. You've stated your views of him many times, sure, but sometimes it's the "conspiracy theory" and not fact. You clearly hate the guy, and that's fine, but sometimes I think that hatred clouds your opinions on incidents regarding him. I don't defend him blindly either. I've said he blew his composure in the playoffs, I've said your boys got to him. I've ridiculed the glove bit and the way he acted in that series. But I WILL defend him when I see fit as well. If my credibility remark offended you I apologize for that, as it was not my intent. I was simple restating what we've talked about before on the issue.

If my being in the Flyers portion of the forums is bothering people, tell me. I don't "lurk", I participate in the forums and topics. I don't hammer your boys to spark riots, I try to discuss the team as a hockey fan with open eyes. I've complimented your team far more often than I've ever ridiculed them. Having said that I WISH other forums were more active, especially the Penguins. I stay here though because I love hockey. I watch, play, coach, breathe it like many here do. If Flyers posters would rather I stay in the Penguins board, I'll do so, but why restrict a forum that way?

@jammer2

Thanks for sticking your neck out.

Thats not personal, I just do not trust him yet entirely as a legit poster. That is just my opinion.

I am hesitant to trust him based on some of his posts here that radoran deleted during the playoffs.

For the record... I joined the forum the day you guys knocked us out of the playoffs. If I remember right, it was after the game 6 you won the series with. I don't know what I could have said @radoran would have removed or would have been questionable at all except "congrats, you guys trashed us". If someone can enlighten me I'd love to know, but I'm thinking and hoping you have me confused with someone else.

If Flyers posters would rather I stay in the Penguins board, I'll do so, but why restrict a forum that way?

I do not speak for everyone and I should not have worded it that way. I am very hesitant to trust opposing fan bases on this forum because there are a ton of recent additions from Philly.com and that place is littered with trolls. I really don't want to see this forum go the way of Philly.com and recently I am a little worried about it.

I was offended by your comment but I accept your apology and offer one in turn. I shouldn't have said what I said the way I said it.

Sorry.

For the record... I joined the forum the day you guys knocked us out of the playoffs. If I remember right, it was after the game 6 you won the series with. I don't know what I could have said @radoran would have removed or would have been questionable at all except "congrats, you guys trashed us". If someone can enlighten me I'd love to know, but I'm thinking and hoping you have me confused with someone else.

If that is the case then I apologize again.

If that is the case then I apologize again.

We're all good on both counts man. I understand you're passionate about your team, and that's to be admired. I never witnessed Philly.com, or any other hockey forum to be honest. The only place I ever posted before was NHL.com and that place is a mess. I came here because I want to talk hockey. You have me thinking too, so I am actually using Google to look for opinions on Crosby from all over if I can. It never hurts to test yourself and see if you really ARE a homer. LOL So that's what I'm doing.

@Polaris922

To the best of my knowledge none of your posts have ever been reported or deleted by a mod. Every member is allowed to post on any forum on this site that you wish. As the site grows there will be some members that cause problems and can be banned from posting in specific forums, those decisions will be made by the moderators of the site. All members can report unacceptable posts, in any forum. You can also choose to ignore a member, and you won't ever see their posts.

@Phillygrump

I do not speak for everyone and I should not have worded it that way. I am very hesitant to trust opposing fan bases on this forum because there are a ton of recent additions from Philly.com and that place is littered with trolls. I really don't want to see this forum go the way of Philly.com and recently I am a little worried about it.

This forum is not silly.com, and HockeyForums is not entitled to just Flyer fans. When you see posts that need attention use the report function. Warnings can be given, members who cause issues can have all of their posts approved by moderators before posted to a forum. Members can be banned from specific forums, banned from the shoutbox, and banned completely. We have the tools here to keep forums in control.

HockeyForums is ranked third when you search "hockey forums" The goal for the site is to have every forum filled with fans of every team in the NHL. We have a long way to go to achieve that. Many topics will overlap with various teams fans and all members have the right to post on any forum in discussion of a topic. Topics always need to be discussed without personally offending another member.

Any way, I liked the way you both worked out your disagreement.

@jammer2

nice job!

@radoran

The glove thing was stupid I agree. But in a way I found it was funny in the same light I found Hartnell biting Letang in the regular season game was funny. The cross check to the back I just figured his guard was down ten feet from the bench and the fall was more not being braced for anything than any severity of the cross check, but I can see your side of it as well.

Hey, I root for a guy that *deliberately broke another player's ankle* - I know what hockey is all about.

You're a good poster, man, and I'm happy to be able to interact with you.

The glove thing is all about context. If this was a team with it's foot on the neck of an opponent, I can see that.

I just think Crosby came across Real Small doing that at that point and that his composure destroyed the Pens.

Hey, I root for a guy that *deliberately broke another player's ankle* - I know what hockey is all about.

You're a good poster, man, and I'm happy to be able to interact with you.

The glove thing is all about context. If this was a team with it's foot on the neck of an opponent, I can see that.

I just think Crosby came across Real Small doing that at that point and that his composure destroyed the Pens.

Thanks Rad.... And I agree on the glOve thing a lot too, but a small part of me still finds it funny. No doubt his composure was gone though and I regret that. Especially after not playing a year and coming back to what was already a team in a good roll...

Thanks Rad.... And I agree on the glOve thing a lot too, but a small part of me still finds it funny. No doubt his composure was gone though and I regret that. Especially after not playing a year and coming back to what was already a team in a good roll...

You know what would make it "funny"?

Winning the series. :-)

but Crosby's hacks lead to surgery on G

Do we know that? From the article that was linked to at the beginning of the thread? I didn't get that. I got the impression Giroux was joking when he said (something like) "Yeah they're courtesy of Crosby," referring to the scars on his wrists and the fact he's got no other visible scars. Sounded like he was laughing it off: scars as part of the game, every centerman deals with hacks and whacks, etc... and part of the joke was he took a shot at Crosby - probably because he hates him as much as Flyers' fans do. Well I hope that's his reason anyway! :lol:

I really doubt he was blaming Crosby for a fractured wrist. Hopefully we'll find out for sure because if it's true it's a pretty big deal.