Giroux a Modest Superstar

Guest radoran

I was going to say Hearst is nowhere near 43,000 (more like 5) but it's Tiimmons. Gotta like Claude for spending his summers home instead of going all "Hollywood". If he hadn't played junior he'd likely be dating a Kardashian right now.

How come the "haters" get the 1st post in.....what an idiot! I couldn't think of a player less like PK Subban than G......

"Giroux won't have Jagr to carry the puck for him next year. LOL @ 172 pounds!!!! His "Superstar" like status won't last long - just like every Flyer or Bruin for that matter. Both loser organizations with a bunch of hand me down fans from their father's. I find him the most arrogant player in the NHL next to PK Subban and a few others. Funny how they always end up on the Flyers!!!"

Wow... that was brutal hate... and BS too about G... he's a pure talent. Sure he doesn't fare well when teams play him physical because of his size, but his production wasn't all because of Jagr either.

Riiiiiight. Pittsburgh didn't play him physical? (see Crosby slashing wrists thread) The guy almost won the playoff scoring race based on the Pens series alone. Playoffs are always physical. And Giroux has always elevated his game in the playoffs.

Riiiiiight. Pittsburgh didn't play him physical? (see Crosby slashing wrists thread) The guy almost won the playoff scoring race based on the Pens series alone. Playoffs are always physical. And Giroux has always elevated his game in the playoffs.

No the Pens played him stupid more than physical. That is where I think our team improved with Brandon Sutter rather than Jordan Staal. Face off tricks aren't physical play, rubbing his nose into the glass as he tries to step around the D is physical. Jersey did it, we didn't. And don't forget how many PP points he got against the Pens. They played stupid, not physical.

No the Pens played him stupid more than physical. That is where I think our team improved with Brandon Sutter rather than Jordan Staal. Face off tricks aren't physical play, rubbing his nose into the glass as he tries to step around the D is physical. Jersey did it, we didn't. And don't forget how many PP points he got against the Pens. They played stupid, not physical.

Are playoffs physical in general? The obvious answer is yes. So explain Girouxs less than ppg in the regular season, and over ppg in playoffs. Unless NOBODY has figured out if you play Giroux physical he'll wilt.

Are playoffs physical in general? The obvious answer is yes. So explain Girouxs less than ppg in the regular season, and over ppg in playoffs. Unless NOBODY has figured out if you play Giroux physical he'll wilt.

Also @mojo1917

I can explain it very easily... Marc-Andre Fleury stunk that series. Of Giroux's 8 points only one was a goal. Seven assists... but six of your team's goals were power play goals. Jagr led your Flyers with 4 goals in the series. Jagr, Simmonds, and Timonen each had 2 PP goals. I can't find how many of Giroux's assists were PP... but you have to figure at least half. He was a minus 2 in the series. I'm not saying the guy is soft, or wilts... I'm saying that he doesn't fare as well when teams man up on him. The Pens didn't really do that with a checking center, as mojo pointed out. We didn't adjust our game for your lineup... New Jersey did.

@Polaris922

The guy puts up MORE points in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. Not just in one series against the Pens, in his entire career. Playoffs are more physical than the regular season. .

Maybe because most players turn it up a notch in the playoffs. It's for all the marbles so they play full out. You keep reacting like I'm saying he's soft. I am not. I'm just saying a more physical approach makes it tougher on him than just matching a pure skill guy against him. That can be said about a lot of skill players. If I'm Bylsma I use Sutter against him next time more than Crosby. Granted that won't matter much since five of his eight points were power play points (just found the stats). So in the physical 5 on 5 play he had 3 points in six games. With extra space his skill was free to shine through.

@Polaris922

I keep reacting because you're acting like he only put up those points against Pittsburgh when Fleury played poorly. His playoff stats were better than his regular season BEFORE that series. And most players (great ones) get more points during pp in the playoffs. Teams live and die by it.

@Polaris922

I keep reacting because you're acting like he only put up those points against Pittsburgh when Fleury played poorly. His playoff stats were better than his regular season BEFORE that series. And most players (great ones) get more points during pp in the playoffs. Teams live and die by it.

In that series Fleury DID play poorly. Heck our whole team did! Lol. Giroux played great on the PP, and regardless of not scoring more than 3 points 5 vs 5 he carried your team's play with his demeanor the entire series. I see where a lot of Flyers fans here worry it may be premature to give him the C, but in that series I felt he WAS your captain already.