TSN says Doan wants 4 Year / $30 Mil

Guest activestick

Right around where I thought he'd demand. That's just to big a risk for a +35 contract for my liking. I'd be more than ok with 2 years at 7 mill, but 4....that takes me out. Nice player with wonderful intangibles, but not a super star and is on the downside of his career....no thanks. Don't fall for this Homer...

• Like 1

Since when 20 goal scorer is worth 7 mil?

It's insane, now looking at Rags deal for Nash, like a steal. Also Flyers is better wait till Habs buy out Gomez contract and get him for nothing.

Right around where I thought he'd demand. That's just to big a risk for a +35 contract for my liking. I'd be more than ok with 2 years at 7 mill, but 4....that takes me out. Nice player with wonderful intangibles, but not a super star and is on the downside of his career....no thanks. Don't fall for this Homer...

Not that I'd ever put anything past Holmgren or Snider of doing something stupid [bryzgalov comes to mind] but I hope to hell he doesn't give into Doan's demand. I'd rather see Voracek or even Briere play right wing on Giroux's line. Holmgren should pursue Sykora for a fraction of that cost.

No thank you. Too much for too long.

I'd rather try Voracek on the line with him. If that doesn't pan out, try Read or Wellwood for speed.

If we're adding that kind of money, I'd really rather see it on D.

Here's an idea: Keep a bunch of cap money back and actually be a player at the deadline.

No thank you. Too much for too long.

I'd rather try Voracek on the line with him. If that doesn't pan out, try Read or Wellwood for speed.

If we're adding that kind of money, I'd really rather see it on D.

Here's an idea: Keep a bunch of cap money back and actually be a player at the deadline.

I'm hoping that's what Holmgren decides to do, but we can strike Enstrom from Winnipeg off the list of UFA defensemen for next summer, he just resigned with Winnipeg for 5 years and $28.75 million. Man, these contracts are getting out of hand again, looks like another lockout or strike this fall. There's not going to be any decent free agent defensemen next summer. Maybe it's time the Flyers give Bourdon more minutes this year and see what he can do.

Edited by Lindbergh31

I'm hoping that's what Holmgren decides to do, but we can strike Enstrom from Winnipeg off the list of UFA defensemen for next summer, he just resigned with Winnipeg for 5 years and $28.75 million. Man, these contracts are getting out of hand again, looks like another lockout or strike this fall. There's not going to be any decent free agent defensemen next summer. Maybe it's time the Flyers give Bourdon more minutes this year and see what he can do.

Agreed on the FA defensemen front and the labor possibility. I'm going to be extremely suspicious of Bourdon until proven otherwise. I'm not sure he has the hockey smarts and I thought he really regressed as he went along (happily impressed at first, then increasingly irritated with him). I'd like to see a little more of Gus, though. Could be the same there, but I haven't seen enough.

@Lindbergh31 Sykora is certainly a viable option. As long as it was a 2 year deal or less, I'd be open to exploring the route. He is 36, but was still effective last year. He should be able to net the Flyers 20 goals no problem. Plus, he's a thorn in the side to play against. We know that from years and years he has spent as a direct division rival. The guy cares about defense also and play a nice, well rounded game. Interesting option, an certainly a cheaper one.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=10760

• Like 1

. I'm going to be extremely suspicious of Bourdon until proven otherwise. I'm not sure he has the hockey smarts and I thought he really regressed as he went along (happily impressed at first, then increasingly irritated with him). I'd like to see a little more of Gus, though. Could be the same there, but I haven't seen enough.

For what it's worth, Bourdon was playing with a concussion prior to being sent down to the Phantoms. Now I'm not sure exactly when that took place and if it coincides with the same time you took noticed his regression, but it is something that Bourdon himself stated after the season. He did not disclose his symptoms to team physicians to try to maintain a roster spot. Which wasn't the best decision. If my memory serves me correct he didn't even practice during the playoffs.

http://deadspin.com/5901109/flyers-defenseman-says-he-hid-his-concussion-to-keep-his-job

For what it's worth, Bourdon was playing with a concussion prior to being sent down to the Phantoms. Now I'm not sure exactly when that took place and if it coincides with the same time you took noticed his regression, but it is something that Bourdon himself stated after the season. He did not disclose his symptoms to team physicians to try to maintain a roster spot. Which wasn't the best decision. If my memory serves me correct he didn't even practice during the playoffs.

http://deadspin.com/...to-keep-his-job

For me? That confirms he's a dummy.

A few thoughts in no peticular order...

If homer gives a over 35 contract for 4 years at 7 million for 20 goals he will be laughing stock of the league...

I'm afraid he will...

I really wanted Doan but thats crazy money...

and here is a crazy idea for homer...just dont do anything. keep the cap room and see how its going by November, assuming we are not still waiting for the start of the season.

@idahophilly If a player signs a one year deal, but the season is cancelled, does that player still owe a year, or is time served because of no season due to a strike/lockout?

If it does not count, well, then will be 5 years older when the 4 year contract is up...something to think about when signing these older guys....same with Jagr and even Selanne.

Edited by jammer2