TSN says Doan wants 4 Year / $30 Mil

Guest activestick

Well, good darn question there Jammer... Since they don't get paid (beyond signing bonus money like Weber gets no matter what) I'm not sure if one season is wiped off their contract or it just picks up when they start playing... But think on this, lets say we miss two months... Hows that work? Just come off the contract length and prorate the salery? I assume thats how it happens...

Rumor has it that Philly offered up reed, mez, 1st 2013 and that 1st round center we just drafted for Ryan.

That is total BS...where is that rumor coming from..That is the dumbest trade offer I've seen in a LONG LONG TIME. They make that trade and I won't watch a Flyers game next year. 2 1st's, a potential top 6 forward and a top 4 dman. Not buying it..sorry, bud.

• Like 1

Lol. Apparently it's on a rumor blog as well on hockeybuzz. Just saw that. They said buffalo is responding back with a better offer soon. However if you think about the flyers offer it kinda makes sense. Ducks want a center so Philly drafts a center early with a lot of potential.

Ya a big NO to the original thread topic (Doan), and a doble NO F'ING WAY to that Ryan trade propsosal.

Look, Homer took a couple big swings and missed. Let that be that and let's go into the season like we all said after the draft....with an opportunity to watch these young guys develop

• Like 1

we're offering Read, Mez and a 1st? yeahright I don't believe that for a second.

Weber is gone Parise is gone we never really wanted Suter anyway - at least I didn't - so... you're done Homer, take the rest of the summer off.

Better yet go find Bettyman and Fehr and kick some ass, knock their heads together.

@Jmdodgesrt4 I want no part of the horrid deal....Read alone might be better than Ryan...it is possible. Unreal this bidding war....LET'S GET OUT QUICK!!!!

Jammer, I'm with you! That trade is crazy. Ryan would nice to have, but, Read may turn out to be a better player at 1/5 the price.

For both Ryan and Doan: there is bidding to better your team and then there is bidding just to "win" the target of the bidding. The suggested rumor on Ryan is ridiculous. No one with any hockey sense can possibly think Ryan is worth anything close to that. I don't believe the rumor is at all reality but if it is, let some other team way overpay for Ryan and fire Homer if he even considered it.

Rumor has it that Philly offered up reed, mez, 1st 2013 and that 1st round center we just drafted for Ryan.

I would be totally OK with that deal. [Ducks]

Would like to have a d-man coming back in that deal.

. . .or make them agree to take Lilja off our hands. Win-win!

Read is a nice player, but he's no Bobby Ryan. Not even close, IMO.

this is an interesting topic to me, because with bobby ryan i wonder how much of our infatuation of the "grass is always greener" variety ?

plus all the "the ducks aren't committed to me" stuff i read in the press makes me wonder if he's a guy you even want in the room.

he is not worth 3 players from this current Flyers roster unless we're talking Lilja and Walker and a top 9 forward.

we would lose a trade for either b schenn or coutureier straight up imo also.

Read brings qualities beyond his production to the table that i don't know enough about Ryan to say are worth losing for a modest increase in goal production. Read kills penalties very well, has great hockey iq, and lots of speed, can play any of the forward positions. can Ryan do that ? for 4 more million dollars a year ? a player like Read gives a coach the ability to mix and match players to situations, where as Ryan will be our top line winger thank you very much.

imo Read and a #1 would be fair compensation, the nonsense that @jmdodgesrt4 is saying he heard of Metzaros, Read and a first is about the most stupid deal i've heard yet. what GM not in Columbus makes THAT deal ?

this is an interesting topic to me, because with bobby ryan i wonder how much of our infatuation of the "grass is always greener" variety ?

plus all the "the ducks aren't committed to me" stuff i read in the press makes me wonder if he's a guy you even want in the room.

he is not worth 3 players from this current Flyers roster unless we're talking Lilja and Walker and a top 9 forward.

we would lose a trade for either b schenn or coutureier straight up imo also.

Read brings qualities beyond his production to the table that i don't know enough about Ryan to say are worth losing for a modest increase in goal production. Read kills penalties very well, has great hockey iq, and lots of speed, can play any of the forward positions. can Ryan do that ? for 4 more million dollars a year ? a player like Read gives a coach the ability to mix and match players to situations, where as Ryan will be our top line winger thank you very much.

imo Read and a #1 would be fair compensation, the nonsense that @Jmdodgesrt4 is saying he heard of Metzaros, Read and a first is about the most stupid deal i've heard yet. what GM not in Columbus makes THAT deal ?

As someone who lives in SoCal & watches a lot of Ducks games, In can tell you that Bobby Ryan is that good.

Put him on Giroux's line? Wow! The kid is a beast. He'd score 40 goals falling out of bed in the morning on that line.

G needs some size on his line. Ryan brings that in spades. He's the anti-JvR (in other words, he uses his size, battles for the puck, and always skates hard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTjm5yxzi8

P.S. That was in the playoffs. And did you notice that one of the d-men he beat on that play was Shea Weber? :D

Edited by AndyS

I would be totally OK with that deal. [Ducks]

Would like to have a d-man coming back in that deal.

. . .or make them agree to take Lilja off our hands. Win-win!

Just to clarify..you're saying you like it if you're the Ducks?

As someone who lives in SoCal & watches a lot of Ducks games, In can tell you that Bobby Ryan is that good.

Put him on Giroux's line? Wow! The kid is a beast. He'd score 40 goals falling out of bed in the morning on that line.

G needs some size on his line. Ryan brings that in spades. He's the anti-JvR (in other words, he uses his size, battles for the puck, and always skates hard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTjm5yxzi8

P.S. That was in the playoffs. And did you notice that one of the d-men he beat on that play was Shea Weber? :D

I just disagree that ryan is at all necessary or even worth it. I'll pass