The 2012 Great Britian Summer Olympics Thread...

Guest jammer2

@Vanflyer Canada takes a GOLD in the trampoline!!! Great to get the first one out of the way!

I have a friend going for Gold on Monday Van! Mary Spencer, a female boxer from Windsor will fight at 11 AM Monday morning. I'm pretty good friends with Mary's mother (really nice lady btw), have been to Mary's place, just a classy outstanding young woman. She signed a contract with Cover Girl before the Olympics, so exciting things going on in and out of the right for Mary. All of Windsor will be watching and waiting, She is a 3 time Canadian Champion, so a really good chance we could get a medal out of Mary, hopefully a gold. In downtown Windsor where I live, we all just call her "champ". If good things happen to good people, we will be hearing "Oh Canada" next week.

@Vanflyer Canada takes a GOLD in the trampoline!!! Great to get the first one out of the way!

I have a friend going for Gold on Monday Van! Mary Spencer, a female boxer from Windsor will fight at 11 AM Monday morning. I'm pretty good friends with Mary's mother (really nice lady btw), have been to Mary's place, just a classy outstanding young woman. She signed a contract with Cover Girl before the Olympics, so exciting things going on in and out of the right for Mary. All of Windsor will be watching and waiting, She is a 3 time Canadian Champion, so a really good chance we could get a medal out of Mary, hopefully a gold. In downtown Windsor where I live, we all just call her "champ". If good things happen to good people, we will be hearing "Oh Canada" next week.

Being half / half, and also a long time forum mate of yours, I will root for her as well.

It's my sad duty to report, WIndsor's own Mary Spencer failed in her Olympic bid for a medal today. A victory today would have guaranteed a bronze, but she lost 17-14 in a tight contest. Sad part, she has already beaten her opponent Li twice before today, but today, Li was the better fighter. I'm sure she's upset, but she gave a good solid effort.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/08/06/mary-spencer-gears-up-for-first-olympic-match/

Edited by jammer2

Canadian flag bearer Simon Whitfield, who had gold and silver medal performances from previous Olympics fell off his bike today, effectively ending his Olympic career....horrible news for a highly regarded amazingly hard working guy who represented his country with considerable pride.