Cote Event

Guest sekkes85

Little late on this but Riley Cote is at the Willow Grove Mall at Dynasty Sports from until 3 today. $20 gets you an 8"x10" autographed by him and a raffle ticket to win an autographed Giroux jersey. All proceeds go to his charity to fight MS.

I live right around the corner so hit it up and it was pretty dead there. Riley was real friendly and willing to talk to anyone, he seems like a good guy. Thanked every single person for coming out and supporting the cause and was geniunely appreciative.

oh,and I guess I'll add the obvious... having Holly around to promote the Wives Carnival was always nice too.

I still love the Coasty's Corner with her and Briere's then wife (who is NOT the looker) and you could just tell Coatsy was either getting reminded in his ear by the producer, he was reminding himself or both to remember to ask Briere's wife some questions

I didn't win the Giroux jersey, doh! Glad to donate to a good cause though.

Shook Riley's hand at the end and thanked him for being there, he doesn't have much a shake anymore (think all that fighting had anything to do with it?).

Little late on this but Riley Cote is at the Willow Grove Mall at Dynasty Sports from until 3 today. $20 gets you an 8"x10" autographed by him and a raffle ticket to win an autographed Giroux jersey. All proceeds go to his charity to fight MS.

I live right around the corner so hit it up and it was pretty dead there. Riley was real friendly and willing to talk to anyone, he seems like a good guy. Thanked every single person for coming out and supporting the cause and was geniunely appreciative.

I think for $20 they should allow you to punch Riley in the face a couple times...

I didn't win the Giroux jersey, doh! Glad to donate to a good cause though.

Shook Riley's hand at the end and thanked him for being there, he doesn't have much a shake anymore (think all that fighting had anything to do with it?).

tough break on not winning the Jersey. I am curious though, what exactly did you mean by "not much left to shake"? Is he missing fingers or something?

@Spinorama Just guessing, but I'd say his handshake is not as firm as it used to be, prob from the beating his wrists and hands took as a NHL pugilist.

right on. Limp wristed grip I could totally see. for some reason I read a little more into it.

I've read interviews with previous heavy weights about their hands after their careers. I think it was Tony Twist who said he has a hard time growing skin around his knuckles cause of all the beating they took. I can only imagine all those helmet shots would do a SERIOUS number on not only the skin but the bones themselves (not that punching skulls is any more comfortable, but at least there aren't many edges to hit or openings to gash on)

Back in 84 we played a lot of road hockey, sometimes some Spits would show up, Kieth Gretzky and a few other lesser guys you would not recognize. At the time, Joey Kocur was a young rookie for the Wings, he was buddies with Kieth and he came along a few times. I was amazed at how mush his hands were as a young kid. One time, he could not even hold the stick properly. His hands were absolute hamburger. This was as a rookie. It takes a serious toll on your hands.

@Spinorama Just guessing, but I'd say his handshake is not as firm as it used to be, prob from the beating his wrists and hands took as a NHL pugilist.

Exactly Jammer, his handshake didn't have anything in it. Hopefully in time it heals all the way but makes you appreciate how much those kind of guys give (even if not successfull) .