You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

hf101

Blue Jackets Most Valuable Player

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which player is Most Valuable to the Blue Jackets?

• James Wisnewski
    • Jack Johnson
    • Derick Brassard
    • Steve Mason
    • Ryan Johansen

The MVP Challenge continues with the Blue Jackets.

-----play and earn tokens for "pickem"

Note: poll and topic end 8 / 11

1. Tokens are earned for the

Hidden Content

by voting and posting discussion in each team MVP category or playoff challenge.

2. All team MVP's will be chosen from a poll of 5 team candidates.

3. Members earn five tokens per vote and for each and every quality discussion post within every MVP topic to a maximum of 50 tokens per Challenge.

4. It is recommended to participate in discussion prior to voting, as discussions will influence votes.

5. A new Team or MVP matchup poll and discussion will begin M-Th each week until Hockey Forums 2012 MVP is chosen in October.

6. All poll topics posted within one week will close Sat evening the following week.

7. If any re-do polls are needed due to major player trades they will be repeated on Fridays. (hopefully we won't need many of these)

Consider the following questions when discussing and voting for each Team MVP and Matchup category:

1. Who is this teams most valuable player factoring in point production, leadership qualities, and overall tenacity/grit?

2. Which player is most essential to the teams success next season.

3. If you were the GM of this team and needed to rebuild with one player, whom would you choose?

4. Which player would cause their team to struggle the most if out with a season ending injury?

5. Which player and or prospect projects to be the teams most valuable player next year?

Also, since the MVP Challenge is part fantasy:

1. If you were the coach which linemates would play with your MVP to enhance his play?

2. What parts of the players game need most improvement?

3. What type of numbers do you think this player can put up this upcoming season?

4. And any other player related info, stats, videos, etc to enhance discussion.

I really think it should be the Umbergerler

Edited by Bertmega

I really think it should be the Umbergerler

I considered Umberger and Prospal, and Foligno also, I don't know.........tough choice. I thought Johansen has the opportunity to make a much bigger contribution. If more people think I should have put Umberger in, I'll redo the poll.

@hf101

I was just joking around HF. Umberger is what he is and at this point I don't think he is there most valuable player, even on that lowly team. I think Brassard has the skill set to be "that guy".

Looking at the record for Columbus after he(Jack Johnson) arrived.....He certainly made more of an impact than Jeff Carter did.........

The largest collection of b minus and c plus talent around, a bunch of interchangable non descript players

• Like 1

I voted for Wisnewski cause he has a big contract..big contracts mean you have to be really good, right? Which means, you should be MVP? Sounds logical to me. :lol:

• Like 1

le joueur le plus utile des vestes bleues est une contradiction dans les termes

Bienvenue a Quebec!

Wow, this is a stinkier group than the Panther misfits...didn't think that was possible. I voted for Ryan Johansen, not sure if his immense talent will break through this season or not, esp considering the surrounding cast, but this is the most skilled player on the team by far, so took a flyer on him. Sad part, this kid has top 10 talent, but it will be wasted on this horrid team. He's destined to be forgot about by the rest of the league....a shame really. He will get a chance to shine for Team Canada inevitably, but 2014 may be to soon for him.

Edited by jammer2

Wow, this is a stinkier group than the Panther misfits...didn't think that was possible. I voted for Ryan Johansen, not sure if his immense talent will break through this season or not, esp considering the surrounding cast, but this is the most skilled player on the team by far, so took a flyer on him. Sad part, this kid has top 10 talent, but it will be wasted on this horrid team. He's destined to be forgot about by the rest of the league....a shame really. He will get a chance to shine for Team Canada inevitably, but 2014 may be to soon for him.

une équipe vraiment terrible, vous prenez le gardien de but

une équipe vraiment terrible, vous prenez le gardien de but

Reported.

Also Jack Jonson for MVP, which in this case is like being the proverbial tallest midget in the circus. What a mess.

Reported.

I'm conducting a full investigation into my activities.

Looking at the record for Columbus after he(Jack Johnson) arrived.....He certainly made more of an impact than Jeff Carter did.........

Agree With This

Ian Laperriere (EE-an luh-PAIR-ee-YAIR), p

I watched allot of Johnson two different WJHC and thought he was a beast (though he was partnered very well with Erik Johnson). The LA experience was a debacle for him on many fronts. Given that, his performance in Columbus was eye-opening to me and I thought he was their best player the last third of the year (post trade). He gets my vote.

I would have liked to have seen Bobovskry on the list. His winning percentage wtih the Flyers was .587. If bobs gets 65 starts and can play .550, that is 71 points. For the other 17 games, if Mason can win 9, that is almost 90 points. I think Columbus play on the defensive side will be much better. Where they will get goals from will be the question mark- but if they can deploy a 90's jersey devil style of defense, they could pull out 2-1 / 3-2 games.

Some big ifs, but if Bobs performed at that level, he would hands down be the MVP.

Gonna go with Jeff Carter, oh wait he cried his way out of Columbus all they way to a friggin cup. Gotta go with Nash then, oh wait he was shipped out of town because he is over priced and has accomplished nothing in his career. In that case I'll go with Bob, oh he's not on the list, nevermind.

Closing my eyes and throwing a dart, it lands on Brassard as my choice for Jackets MVP. Done!

@hf101

I was just joking around HF. Umberger is what he is and at this point I don't think he is there most valuable player, even on that lowly team. I think Brassard has the skill set to be "that guy".

Umberger is a servicable player but an MVP has to be the pulse of the team, or atleast a big part of it. I just don't see Umberger like that. How often do you really hear his name...? Well maybe he will have to step up more now in the "pulse" role...

I voted for Wisnewski cause he has a big contract..big contracts mean you have to be really good, right? Which means, you should be MVP? Sounds logical to me. :lol:

Scott Gomez lol

Went with Johnson because he is their top defender and the rest of the list (besides Johansson or however you spell it but he's not there yet) is poo :D

would have liked to have seen Bobovskry on the list. His winning percentage wtih the Flyers was .587. If bobs gets 65 starts and can play .550, that is 71 points. For the other 17 games, if Mason can win 9, that is almost 90 points. I think Columbus play on the defensive side will be much better. Where they will get goals from will be the question mark- but if they can deploy a 90's jersey devil style of defense, they could pull out 2-1 / 3-2 games.

I'm not sure Bob gets that many starts next season. Mason sure had a few lousy seasons, but his game really improved under Richards and the new pads. I think he keeps his job as the starter.

I voted for Wis ..... I like his toughness.

I'm not sure Bob gets that many starts next season. Mason sure had a few lousy seasons, but his game really improved under Richards and the new pads. I think he keeps his job as the starter.

I voted for Wis ..... I like his toughness.

Mason is a one trick pony for me. But in fairness to your comment, he is still young (24) and did play very well in the last third of the season. But that "well" was still not great and not any better than Bobs. Lets put poll up on who will be the starter in Columbus this year. ;)

Mason is a one trick pony for me. But in fairness to your comment, he is still young (24) and did play very well in the last third of the season. But that "well" was still not great and not any better than Bobs. Lets put poll up on who will be the starter in Columbus this year. ;)

ha, does anyone care.....but sure I'll put a poll up

ha, does anyone care.....but sure I'll put a poll up

Its summertime. Truthfully, I bet you get some good replies as there is a contingency that likes Bob (mostly out of despair of Breezy).

I still think Mason sucks. Great rookie year, but everyone figured him out.

Gotta go with Johnson. Top notch d-man, and since I play D I always favor the D man. Now... If I could just play better...

yayy i picked JJ, he's um a good player and most importantly didn't have to be extracted from his house when learning he was traded to columbus ohio which i think is an okay place, just an odd place to put a pro hockey team with OSU being the end all be all... If Ohio was to have a team i can think of 3 cities i'd try before columbus.