Sooooooo, maybe Homer really is done after all?

Guest AndyS

The Twitter Buzz sees him going to the Sharks. At what price? Who knows?

It will be interesting to see them pull that off with only 5.5 million in cap space. As a GM, I would want to go into the season with at least 1.5M - 2.0M in cap reserve in case I need to make a trade due to injury and the trade is not even cap wise.

@OzFlyer-

Where do we put another center?? I don't want Laughton on the 4th line as I think he would be better served playing 8-10 min a night in the NHL or 15-18 minutes a night in the AHL. That said, Couturier had no problem doing the 4th line (but also was getting allot of PK minutes and occasional 3rd line shift minutes.

Sure has been quiet lately.

Hopefully the Preds matching the offer sheet for Weber didn't wreck him (Homer, that is).

I think he is quiet due to a chnge in strategy.

No one really worth the money is available anymore, and with the pending CBA changes, Homer can sit and wait and see who becomes available during the season. There is a strong possibility that decent players will be available via trade after the new CBA, or if a team sees itself out of the playoff picture and they want to unload some higher-priced players.

Be ready for the Flyers to be part of the trade discussions all season long because they have so much cap space.

• Like 1