eleven24 from philly.com

Guest DinahMoeHumm

To Flyers fans who used to frequent the philly.com Flyers forum...

I don't know what made me think of this just now, but when I used to peruse and post on the philly.com forum once in awhile there was a user named "eleven24" (at least I think that's how the name was constructed) that always seemed to have good insight and was an objective and knowledgeable poster (at least in my opinion, and from what I remember). I was just curious if anyone knew where he was, or if he's maybe on this forum under a different name.

Anyway, just curious...

Happy Friday to all! :)

@Irishjim: Hmm... I swore that was his name, but maybe I have it wrong. I'm not sure how frequent a poster he was, but from what I recall it was around 2008/2009 that I had interaction with him.

On a similar note I also remember a guy with the name "traeplien" which struck me since it was Neil Peart backwards.

Anyway, no biggie... just one of those things that hits me in the middle of the work day (especially on a Friday when I'm counting the hours til I'm out of here).

I remember him, and your right he is a good poster. He hasn't posted on silly.com for quite awhile. I just followed what I believe is his twitter account, if luck has it he will see his own thread here. :)

Traeplien was in fact neil peart. he got banned under his original name.

What? Seriously? The actual, real Neil eh? Funny, I would've taken Neil Peart for a Leafs fan. Or *was* he a Leafs fan and ended up getting banned for too much tomfoolery? ^_^

I remember him, and your right he is a good poster. He hasn't posted on silly.com for quite awhile. I just followed what I believe is his twitter account, if luck has it he will see his own thread here. :)

Nice! And thanks for helping me reassure myself that I have at least a few shreds (decent or otherwise) of sanity left :)

Nono...I realized that's what it sounded like after I hit post. That was just his screen name. He got banned, so he reversed it.

Ahhh... ok, that makes more sense. Though to be honest I'm a little disappointed. The thought of the actual Neil Peart loafing around and posting comments bad enough to get himself banned from a hockey forum is oddly appealing lol.

What? Seriously? The actual, real Neil eh? Funny, I would've taken Neil Peart for a Leafs fan. Or *was* he a Leafs fan and ended up getting banned for too much tomfoolery? ^_^

Nah, his real name is Rick, he lives in Carolina (I don't want to out him by saying which one) and he claims he is an "Independent" despite leaning very hard to the right. As much as I have busted his nuts over the years, I like the guy and wish he would chime in once in a while.

Howdy:

I remember eleven as well .My suspicion is that we lost some folks in transition here. But that was a small price to pay. The site was filled with spyware and crap that challenged McAfee and the content of posters was going downhill to the cesspool. This site is a vast improvement.

Best,

Howie

• Like 2

Nah, his real name is Rick, he lives in Carolina (I don't want to out him by saying which one) and he claims he is an "Independent" despite leaning very hard to the right. As much as I have busted his nuts over the years, I like the guy and wish he would chime in once in a while.

I thought his head was going to explode when the GOP nominated Palin as VP candidate and then Obama won the election.

Doesn't he live in the Carolinas anyway?

I believe he does. But from what I recall, his dad still lives in Philly, so he wouldn’t stop complaining about when every time he visits him, he gets appalled at how nasty and disgusting the city has become. That's what annoys me about Neil even more than when he talks about the politics unstoppably. The guy has no sense of tactfulness at all. Did it even occur to him that many people on the forum actually live in the city and like it... and they feel offended when he bashes their home...

• Like 1

I believe he does. But from what I recall, his dad still lives in Philly, so he wouldn’t stop complaining about when every time he visits him, he gets appalled at how nasty and disgusting the city has become. That's what annoys me about Neil even more than when he talks about the politics unstoppably. The guy has no sense of tactfulness at all. Did it even occur to him that many people on the forum actually live in the city and like it... and they feel offended when he bashes their home...

I think it is hard. I never lived in the city, but visited many times. I grew up in Bucks County. In that regard, its equally hard for me when I return (and I still own property there) and see all the "progress". Yet, nothing stays the same. For me- with Bucks County, I am sad to see many of the farms and "rural-ness" gone. It was a great place to grow up. Small towns while easily accessible to the big city, shore, and mountains.

I can't speak for Neil and what his laments are. I do know that cities are very circular in how they progress and regress. One neighborhood can go to hell in a hand basket while another neighborhood is completely rejuvenated.

• Like 1