Meltzer's column today

Guest The Quigster

He mentioned Simmonds being a defensive liability in his own end,the guy scored twenty eight goals,not too shabby. I suprised Braydon Doughburn's play didn't get mentioned,after all he is a defensive leader, and he sure didn't score twenty eight goals. Maybe Bill is doing this weeks column from London and its real foggy.

I have not been in agreement with a few of Bills blogs/articles lately. Usually hes right on with my train of thought but he seems a little hateful of the Fly boys this year....I don't know maybe its just me. Braydon Coburn you mean? You mean our best dman in the playoffs last season?

Edit: As far as Simmonds goes, I never really seen him hurt the team defensively...Thought he played very well in all ends of his game, especially in front of the net.

Edited by Philly29

I have not been in agreement with a few of Bills blogs/articles lately. Usually hes right on with my train of thought but he seems a little hateful of the Fly boys this year....I don't know maybe its just me. Braydon Coburn you mean? You mean our best dman in the playoffs last season?

Edit: As far as Simmonds goes, I never really seen him hurt the team defensively...Thought he played very well in all ends of his game, especially in front of the net.

Just going on strictly stats and that dreaded + / - number, Bill does have a point. Simmonds had 28g and 21A. Of those points 17G and 16A were scored even strength (33pts total). You would think a guy could muster a better +/- of minus 1 which scoring that amount of even strength points.