Peter Sykora Anyone? Could be a bargain...

Guest idahophilly

Has anyone thought about Sykora to fill a winger spot?

Lasy Year:

Played all 82 games

21G/23A - 44 Points

Played wing even though his natural position is center

Cap hit last year was 650K (but would want a raise no doubt)

Is a UFA

Stanley Cup Champ

I think we could throw a 2 year, 2-3 million deal at him. Anyone interested?

@idahophilly

Yes. He was mentioned before in another thread. I think he would be good. I am just thinking of someone to replace Jagr's goals. I think he would a pretty good fit.

He was horrible as a Pen. Was actually a healthy scratch most of the playoff run I believe. Didn't contribute much. I think he had a fluke year last year. Yes... I hope you sign him top six ;)

• Like 1

@Polaris922

I guess stats are misleading. Just looking strictly at points, 20 goals sounded pretty good. Thanks for the warning. :)

If he reproduced those stats then yeah great bang for the buck! I always wanted him on the Pens... But at the end of his time here he was horrible. Looking at things I'm thinking maybe he was hurt and they just didn't say it. He had 25 goals that year, but that was with Crosby and first PP time. Playoffs he only played 7 games in a Stanley Cup winning year, with only one assist. I dunno what to make of him... I just remember watching him and thinking "It's time to retire". I'm shocked he did so well this past season with the Devils... Maybe I gave up on him too early??

Greetings:

I have to wonder about Homer's willingness to acquire people "seniors" at any price. I was almost shocked at the Fedotenko move. That is one man's opinion.

I also wonder if Homer wants lots of space for early-season moves if the D looks weak or goaltending is totally off the mark.

Best,

Howie

Lasy Year:

Played all 82 games

21G/23A - 44 Points

Is a UFA

Stanley Cup Champ

I thought you wanted Homer to stop all of this "fantacy hockey" and stand pat with what we have ;)

just bustin' balls haha

but seriously? I'm not sure. I actually agreed with staying what we have. There really ins't much left out there and with the core group of youth on this team, I'm ready to watch them grow together. If we could have added a big piece like Weber or someone else, then fine. But I don't really know what the point of bringing in any of this other marginal older players. I'm sure he has value but I think ya should stick to your guns and look forward to watching what we have now. Besides, with the kind of cap space the Flyers will have this season, they really could continue to try and wheel and deal players at anytime after the season starts!

and like @jammer2 said: "If he was crappy before, he would be crappy on the Flyers, that's how things go for us"

as I'm about to hit post, I am curious though. If the Flyers picked him up, where would you pencil him in?

I thought you wanted Homer to stop all of this "fantacy hockey" and stand pat with what we have

just bustin' balls haha

Oh I actually do want to stand pat. I'm surprised and not surprised all at the same time that his name hasn't been floating around the NHL rumor mill is all. Last year probably was a fluke and since his name isn't coming that probably says something...

Lasy Year:

Played all 82 games

21G/23A - 44 Points

Is a UFA

Stanley Cup Champ

PASS!

I RATHER HAVE THOR BACK!!!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Greetings:

I have to wonder about Homer's willingness to acquire people "seniors" at any price. I was almost shocked at the Fedotenko move. That is one man's opinion.

I also wonder if Homer wants lots of space for early-season moves if the D looks weak or goaltending is totally off the mark.

Best,

Howie

I can only assume Fedotenko is about veteran presence. He doesn't have anything else left.

Greetings Van:

I was surprised by age, not potential. I suspect the guy gets 20 goals and serves a number of roles.

What are you worried about Howie? We'll always have Leighton if Bryz falters!

As for Leighton...well, we shall invoke Jesus, Yahweh, Whomever...living in Florida I won't have to deal with a riot that breaks out at Wells Fargo when he lets in a Softee. We have to deal with hurricanes.

I am happy with the squad where it is . Let's see what gives.

Peace,

Howie