Who will be the starting goaltender for the Blue Jackets?

Guest hf101

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting goaltender for Columbus?

• Sergei Bobrovsky
    • Steve Mason
    • Neither
    • Will share 50 - 50

Columbus probably has the worst goaltending tandem going into the 2012 -12 season. Steve Mason, superstar as a rookie was destined to be the Jackets starter for years, but he hasn't been able to put up the numbers and he did his rookie season. He did however end last season on a high note under Richards the new coach of the Blue Jackets. Will he be able to continue where he left off last April?

In a surprising move the Blue Jackets traded for Sergei Bobrovsky. Bob who started last season strong behind Bryzgalov struggled once Bryz was designated as the starter. Will Bob be able to earn the starting role in training camp?

Columbus also has a young goaltender in Allen York who I expect will play in the AHL again.

Which goaltender will give the Blue Jackets the best chance for success next season? Will it be Mason? Bob? York? Or will they make a trade for Bernier or Luongo?

Which goaltender will give the Blue Jackets the best chance for success next season? Will it be Mason? Bob? York? Or will they make a trade for Bernier or Luongo?

I voted 50-50, but I believe that Bobs will win the job.

Okay, so you voted Bobs?? :-)

I had to change my vote now... I originally thought the question was "who will start the season"... after your post I re-read it and corrected myself. Yes I think Mason will get the initial nod.. and then when the team flounders in last place again because they just suck overall with a horrible GM... Bobrovsky will get his time.. and then they will continue to lose. Because no goalie, no matter how well he plays, can make up for a stupid GM.

The Jackets did a good job in the draft choosing a couple of kids who are a few years away in rounds 2 and 3, Bob is at least a nhl caliber goalie, and the defense is easily the strength of this team this year. Mason should really be traded to give him a chance to restart his career while he still has a little value, if it isnt too late already. They have tried everything to get, I dont see him reinventing himself in columbus.

My pick for Starting Goalie?? Its gotta be Bob

• Like 1

@hf101 I think the Flyers tandem is worse than the Blue Jackets. If we would have signed a respectable back up, we would be a bit better than them, but as it sits now, the BJ's are better. I voted 50/50 but think Bob will win the job outright by Christmas time.

• Like 1

@hf101 I think the Flyers tandem is worse than the Blue Jackets. If we would have signed a respectable back up, we would be a bit better than them, but as it sits now, the BJ's are better. I voted 50/50 but think Bob will win the job outright by Christmas time.

Wow, really? That doesn't spark a whole lot of confidence for Bryz. I'm not so sure Bob has corrected his flaws and will still be vulnerable top shelf. I liked that Mason played well down the stretch after Richards became the head coach. I think he will return to being the starting tender.

I liked that Mason played well down the stretch after Richards became the head coach.

Or when he found out he could use bigger pads!

Last month, Mason and Blue Jackets goaltending coach Ian Clark overhauled his equipment because what he was playing in was smaller than what he could have been using.

From the Columbus Dispatch's Shawn Mitchell:

"I never knew I could," Mason said. "If I knew, I would have done it three years ago. I guess I was a little out of the loop on that kind of stuff. But we'll make it work now."

Better late than never, right?

Or when he found out he could use bigger pads!

Yeah, I believe that had something to do with it too. How crazy is that though when a professional goaltender and his coach are unaware of the equipment rules and regulations. I've had that discussion with noodl, hmmm, where is aziz? He rarely misses a goalie conversation.