Guest habsguy26

Let's fantasize...   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the MTL-TBL trade?

• For Montreal, yes.
    • For Tampa, yes.
    • Both teams got a fair deal.
    • No clear cut winners here.
    • I have no idea, I enjoyed the blog though :D (reserved for HF101)
  2. 2. Do you like the MTL-ANA trade?

• For Montreal, yes.
    • For Anaheim, yes.
  3. 3. Do you like the MTL-PHI trade?

• For Montreal, yes.
    • For Philadelphia, yes.

Not in that way, ya sickos!

We're gonna look at some trade possibilities that I'd love to see Bergevin and Co. pull out of their asses. Let's get into it, shall we?

Trade scenario #1:

Montreal trades Scott Gomez, Tomas Plekanec and a conditional 2013 1st round pick (if Habs make playoffs in 2013)

to

Tampa Bay for Vincent Lecavalier and Brett Connolly

Love this trade for Montreal. Why? Because it gets Gomez off the books. Only problem is Montreal takes back Lecavalier's humangous (yes, I made a Bryz reference) cap hit back, but atleast Vinny is a top line centre, right? Plekanec leaves too in the deal because he makes 5 M per and he is kinda sorta expendable, due to the emergence off David Desharnais and Lars Eller expected to because the teams' 3rd line shut down centreman with offensive upside. Not only does Montreal shred some major salary ( 3 M, raising their cap space to 9.5 M) , but they pick up talented young forward Brett Connolly too. I think this deal is worth it... do you?

Bourque/Galchenyuk - Lecavalier - Gionta

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Moen - Eller - Bourque/White

Prust - Nokelainan - Armstrong

Trade Scenario #2:

Montreal trades Max Pacioretty, Raphael Diaz, Tomas Kaberle, Brendan Gallagher and a 2013 2nd round pick

to

Anaheim for Bobby Ryan, Luca Sbisa and Daniel Winnik

Booooo. Montreal losses Patches. I really like Pacioretty but I would give him up for Ryan in a heart beat. Diaz and Kaberle, Diaz more than Kaberle mind you, are servicable D men and Diaz actually made the young guns all star game last year. Then there's Gallagher. Some of you may know I'm really high on the kid. Gallagher has blazing speed and a great shot. He could be the steal of the '09 draft (drafted in 5th round) and I'd hate to give him up but Ryan is too hard to pass up. Plus Habs get grinder Winnik and 4-5 d man Sbisa.

Ryan - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Cole

Moen - Eller - Bourque

Prust - Nokelainan/White - Armstrong

Markov - Emelin

Gorges - Subban

Sbisa - Boullion

3rd and final Trade Scenario:

Montreal trades Brian Gionta, Rene Bourque, Yannick Weber and Greg Pateryn

to

Philadelphia for Wayne Simmonds, Zac Rinaldo, Jody Shelley (immediately placed on waivers by Montreal) and a conditonal 2013 1st round pick (if Philadelphia makes it to ECF in 2013)

Meh. I like Simmonds. He has top 6 talent but with a definite physical edge. Zac Rinaldo would swap in and out with Armstrong most likely in the press box I'd think. Philly gets 2 top 6 players who struggled last season. Bourque was horrible for Montreal and Gionta was plagued by injuries, but I feel both would turn it around in Philadelphia. Philly also gets help for the back end acquiring Weber (not Shea.... too soon?) and stud prospect Pateryn, who should pan out to be a 4 - 5 defenseman.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Simmonds

Moen - Eller - Leblanc/White

Prust - Nokelainen/White - Armstrong/Rinaldo

Anyways guys, just a short little thing here to kill some time.... Future Watch should be out tomorrow (provided something doesn't come up) and also look forward to Trade Wars II in January featuring HF101 and Habsguy26 and.......???? ;)

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment and a vote!

Habsguy26.

Don't think I like that one. Nice try though.

Well that'd be the only way Subban goes to Philly, sorry! Maybe we would settle if you took Simmonds out and put 1 or 2 first rounders in there..

Edited by habsguy26

Just to get this straight, Philly takes 9.18MM in salary vs shedding 3.39MM to get:

1) Bourque- who has been injured most of his career and in seven NHL seasons has managed to score 247 points

2) Gionta - who is 33, makes five million dollars, and re-aggravated a torn bicep and doesn't look to be doing any better on the injury front (according to CBS Sports)

3) A Defense prospect that hasn't been able to crack the line-up on a full time basis

4) Another Defensive prospect that may or may not make the cut in Philadelphia

FOR

1) A guy that is a top-six forward on most squads, that is signed way under market value, that had 28g and 21a (career year)

2) An energy guy who can put in the occasional goal and looks to compliment most clubs 3rd lines

3) A guy who is as useless as a set of t-i-t-s on a hammer

Eh, it's not too bad aside from the age of the players being moved and the salary that Philly would absorb.

I think Simmonds is movable, but your squad would have to pony up a little more, or at least make a reasonable salary match offer.

• Like 1

Just to get this straight, Philly takes 9.18MM in salary vs shedding 3.39MM to get:

1) Bourque- who has been injured most of his career and in seven NHL seasons has managed to score 247 points

2) Gionta - who is 33, makes five million dollars, and re-aggravated a torn bicep and doesn't look to be doing any better on the injury front (according to CBS Sports)

3) A Defense prospect that hasn't been able to crack the line-up on a full time basis

4) Another Defensive prospect that may or may not make the cut in Philadelphia

FOR

1) A guy that is a top-six forward on most squads, that is signed way under market value, that had 28g and 21a (career year)

2) An energy guy who can put in the occasional goal and looks to compliment most clubs 3rd lines

3) A guy who is as useless as a set of t-i-t-s on a hammer

Eh, it's not too bad aside from the age of the players being moved and the salary that Philly would absorb.

I think Simmonds is movable, but your squad would have to pony up a little more, or at least make a reasonable salary match offer.

I tried to make this blog sort of ridiculous but make it as real as I could have (Hence the title) but yeah I agree. Only put that in here to get a stir from you guys!