Mezz Out Indefintiely - Achillies

Guest murraycraven

All this doom and gloom and we're not even to camp yet. Good grief fellas back away from the ledge, this should be viewed as an opportunity to really see what we've got with these kids... When we're 25 games in and cannot break out from our zone then it's time for some fretting, I don't think that's going to happen though. I am excited to see how these guys will play since there is now an opportunity to seize a spot and make it impossible to be sent to Adirondack.

The glass has whiskey in it fellas, doesn't matter if it's half full or not.

• Like 1

@mojo1917 There is reason for doom and gloom, I thought our D was very suspect before this devestating injury....I like the kids getting a look, but if more than one of them is playing,.....prob no playoffs. The key is to work them in from a position of strength, not have half the team composed of them. We are now one defensive injury away from a lottery pick....lol.

Now I know my opinions are taken grain of salt, so to speak... But I don't think Mez was anything but slightly above average anyway. And as for the youth movement....

I wasn't around, but I'm willing to bet a lot of you felt the same way about your offense last year being made up of unproven kids after the Carter and Richards moves. I'd say the kids turned out pretty well for you. Right now the D hurts more with Carle's departure than Mez's injury but @mojo1917 is right.... One of these young D-men might just be ready to solidify his future. You may find yourselves pleasantly surprised.

Having said that... God I hope not ;). Lol

• Like 1

Now I know my opinions are taken grain of salt, so to speak... But I don't think Mez was anything but slightly above average anyway. And as for the youth movement....

I wasn't around, but I'm willing to bet a lot of you felt the same way about your offense last year being made up of unproven kids after the Carter and Richards moves. I'd say the kids turned out pretty well for you. Right now the D hurts more with Carle's departure than Mez's injury but @mojo1917 is right.... One of these young D-men might just be ready to solidify his future. You may find yourselves pleasantly surprised.

I agree with everything to here. :)

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by Mad Dog, August 8, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Mad Dog, August 8, 2012 - No reason given

@Mad Dog Have you heard the latest, apparently, Steve friggin Emminger worked out for the team today...HAHAHAHAHA, it would be funny if it was not so brutally brutal (tm jackstraw). !!!

Please tell me you are ******** with me...

What about Jay Bouwmeester ?

he's set to turn 30 maybe a return to a winning team gives him the jolt he needs to put his game together... finally. ?

did i see he's a free agent ? or was i halluncenating ?

What about Jay Bouwmeester ?

he's set to turn 30 maybe a return to a winning team gives him the jolt he needs to put his game together... finally. ?

did i see he's a free agent ? or was i halluncenating ?

you might be halluncenating for even thinking of Jay BO. his cap hit is brutal for what you get. he makes carle look like weber in the toughness area

@Mad Dog

Here is my take on Emminger:

Plan A: Since Holmgren first knew about the injury with Mez last week. His first priority must be to to try to sign Doan. If he does then he needs a cheap defender that he can waive or trade cheap once Mez is well.

Plan B: Doan is not signing with the Flyers and he has more $$ to sign either Roszival or Colaiacovo.

Instead of Emminger Kurtis Forster is also available.

Having said that... God I hope not ;). Lol

Both players will be missed.

Metzaros is a superior player to Carle in every facet of the game, save for skating, now I realize that's an important one but I was okay with Carle's departure at the cap hit and contract he signed.

So while I agree we might be surprised by a young guy, I strenuously disagree with your Carle assessment.

They got Carle for Eminger.

Q.E.D.

Hey, imagine this:

Eminger, Lilja, Matt Walker, Gus, Gervais, and Timonen as our starting 6.

And Bryzgalov in net!

The potential of getting a high 1st round pick in 2014-15 season never looked so bright.

Hey, imagine this:

Eminger, Lilja, Matt Walker, Gus, Gervais, and Timonen as our starting 6.

And Bryzgalov in net!

The potential of getting a high 1st round pick in 2014-15 season never looked so bright.

Oh ye of such small vision. You forget they re-signed Danny Syvret.

And that Jim Vandermeer, Mark Eaton, Ryan Parent and Randy Jones are all UFA...