P.K. Subban Option?

Guest idahophilly

Just the thought of this makes me wanna chuck.... But I was reading a Bleacher Report (yes I know the bleacher report but I like different view points, even when they are ridiculous) which was written before the Mez injury. The theory was that we should offer sheet him to a 3+ mill 4 year deal since he really is the only impact d-man out there and that he is obviously having trouble signing with the Candiens... He is only 23 and is a big time offensive defensemen with a good PP shot, can move the puck very well and at 23 years old will probably only get better...

The attitude thing sucks but that's because we play AGAINST him the article droned on about. But a valid point was we all hated Jagr more than we do Subban and the Jagr thing worked out well... So, would the shoe be on the other foot if he was in O&B and was agitating the other team...

So, the question is, in light of the Mez injury, should we offer sheet him? It would cost us a 2nd rounder I believe...

(I can't believe I'm even floating this)

I know Bert! I feel the same way but... I'm not coming down on this one way or the other right now but the question is... Do we do the right thing for the team or let our personal feeling for the guy get in the way? Now, the right thing may very well be NOT to offer sheet him, especially if he's gonna be a punk in the locker room. There's gotta be a reason Montreal hasn't signed him yet and there are really only two possibilities... 1- he's asking to much or 2- Montreal is really not wanting him because of locker room cancer/on ice-locker room antics/bad egg or something like that...

The reason I say NO is because the Flyers put themselves in this position and PK Suban isn't going to fix the problems and probably will only cause more.

Here is my unbiased opinion on the situation:

1) They will overpay

2) He is an a$$hole

3) We will get the same treatment with our RFA's in the upcoming years.

4) They will really overpay

5) He will always be remembered as the consolation prize of the 2012 off-season

6) The locals will eat him alive the 1st mistake made

7) THEY WILL OVERPAY

8) Montreal will match

The reason I say NO is because the Flyers put themselves in this position and PK Suban isn't going to fix the problems and probably will only cause more.

Here is my unbiased opinion on the situation:

1) They will overpay

2) He is an a$$hole

3) We will get the same treatment with our RFA's in the upcoming years.

4) They will really overpay

5) He will always be remembered as the consolation prize of the 2012 off-season

6) The locals will eat him alive the 1st mistake made

7) THEY WILL OVERPAY

8) Montreal will match

1. yup

2. not a problem as long as he keeps it directed at the opponents only

3. i'd only worry about Giroux on that one

4. yup (and that one is worth 2 bullet points)

5. that's funny, :lol: . even more so because it would be true

6. mmm, not sure i agree on this one unless 1 and 4 was the case.

7. okay, 2 bullets was plenty :D but yup ;)

8. yeah they would so what's the point?

IF this was a player the Fyers desired, the course to get him would be too painful given what they'd end up with and that alone is enough to stay away. IF for some reason he ended up in the O&B, at least Richards isn't around or there'd be some serious chemistry issues to work out.

I'd offer sheet Carlson way before P.K.....he's a much more complete player at this point, and has more upside than Subban. Only edge P.K has over Carlson is his wheels. Either way, it's a waste of time even typing this crap, both offers would get matched in a heart beat, unless it was a Weber type offer, and that would be beyond stupid....neither one is worth the Weber offer.

• Like 1

I know Bert! I feel the same way but... I'm not coming down on this one way or the other right now but the question is... Do we do the right thing for the team or let our personal feeling for the guy get in the way? Now, the right thing may very well be NOT to offer sheet him, especially if he's gonna be a punk in the locker room. There's gotta be a reason Montreal hasn't signed him yet and there are really only two possibilities... 1- he's asking to much or 2- Montreal is really not wanting him because of locker room cancer/on ice-locker room antics/bad egg or something like that...

I feel comfortable that on this issue, my personal feeling for the guy and what's best for the team actually line up for once. I agree with Bert - no thanks to PK.

amen brotha, and when there's so little to actually discuss (man this off season is slow!!!) we have very little other than straws to grasp at. I'm just having fun with ya because you wrote this whole thing criticizing making moves and wanting to stand pat (which I agreed with the standing pat at this point thing) and of all people, you're the one bringing up signing this guy or that. Not that you aren't allowed to bring this stuff up, again, just breaking balls.

hope you're having a great summer!

Oh no problem Spin... Again, I truely prefer to stand pat but options , even if I don't always like them, should atleast be discussed. Who knows what might come of it? Maybe I or someone else will see a point they had not considered. I will say again though, if Suban winds up a Flyer I'm gonna barf!

Subban has the goods - he's got the wheels and a nose for the net, likes to hit, etc. - all the hockey clichés in spades. But the best I can tell he's also got a ****-attitude (****). I don't know whether he's worth putting up with.

Anyway the word is he won't sign an offer sheet even though he and the Habs are no closer to a deal. If he wasn't such a **** (d i c k) he'd be a helluva good player to have on our side.

Edited by canoli

Having Carcillo on our team for a few years fulfilled my need for douchebaggery for a decade or so....I'm good...pass. Also, P.K giveth, and more otfen than not, P.K taketh away. This is the kind of tool that will get you the game winning goal one night and follow it up with 2 bad penalties in the third...and then get burned by pinching, trying to be the hero...

• Like 2