Jbo is on the market

Guest orange_crush

For that price, I personally wouldn't touch him with a 40 ft uranium rod handler, but that is me. I recall in 2009 he was all the rage and a must have commodity.

Being that his cap hit for two more years @ 6.68mm and #11 in the NHL with regards to his salary (as a defenseman), the expectation should be fairly high.

I would suspect that they would want a roster player to fill the gap right now and the Flyers are very thin in that department.

I would offer Manning, Lilja, a 3rd at most for him and that is doing jay Feaster a huge favor.

Let the Rangers overpay for him, they're good at that.

I would need this to handle that contract:

Radiation-suit.jpg

Edited by Bertmega
  • Like 2

Some interesting comments on that article. If I didn't know better I'd swear they were talking about... Matt Carle!

I think he's overpaid, but he really isn't bad. And he's still only 28, should have some good years left. But I doubt it would happen for several reasons- Calgary would probably want too much in return, and based on what I remember from when he left Florida he wanted to play in the Western Conf. I assume he has a no-trade and I somehow doubt the Flyers are on his list. Detroit on the other hand, would probably be an ideal place for him.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402732

desperate times call for desperate measures..how desperate are we? 6.6 mill cap hit for 2 years..doesn't say what Calgary is asking for him..

it shows you had bad the market is right now for a decent dman..

So, while you're against paying the young up and coming Voracek 4 mil a year, you are in favor of paying the overpriced Jbo 6.6 mil a year?

I don't follow your logic here. I'd rather see what Bourdon and Gus and Manning can bring to the table.

• Like 1

So, while you're against paying the young up and coming Voracek 4 mil a year, you are in favor of paying the overpriced Jbo 6.6 mil a year?

I don't follow your logic here. I'd rather see what Bourdon and Gus and Manning can bring to the table.

It's simple Grump guys like Vorecek are a dime a dozen..puck moving dmen are rare and in high demand..

It's simple Grump guys like Vorecek are a dime a dozen..puck moving dmen are rare and in high demand..

Didn't we just lose one who was better and cheaper than Jbo a few months ago? Why would they pay Jbo over 6mil a year and offer up young talent for him?

Guys like Voracek are not a dime a dozen either. Jake's potential is still very high. He has shown flashes of great play.

I think sometimes the grass just looks greener for you.

• Like 1

Just for the record, Joni Pitkanen is a $4M cap hit at Carolina.

Pitkanen played 102 games in the NHL in the past two seasons, racking up 52 points

"puck mover" Jay Bouwmeester played 164 games and had... 53 points. For $6.6M

Pitkanen has 273 points in 513 career games - .53 ppg

"puck mover" Jay Bowmeester has 285 points... in 717 career games - .40 ppg

Bouwmeester has been overrated virtually his entire career.

Maybe we should trade Couturier, Schenn or Simmonds to Carolina for Pitkanen... :ph34r:

Maybe JBo is a product of his environment in Calgary.. who knows? But at that price, who would want to find out? Certainly not me.

I doubt it. He never really lit it up in Florida either. Calgary was supposed to be where he turned it around while playing closer to home.

• Like 1

Some interesting comments on that article. If I didn't know better I'd swear they were talking about... Matt Carle!

What happened with Carle? Did we hold back on an offer because we were planning to go all in with Suter/Parise?

It really is too bad... the whole 'grass is greener' thing we've got going on. I guess for Richards and Carter, though, the grass really is greener.

Ha ha....the late winter early spring of 09, when 1000 threads popped up on philly.com about the Flyers having interest in Jay Bo. I was gonna lose it, it was a daily thing, fighting back the guys who thought Jay was the next Philly messiah....LOL!

http://forums.philly.com/discussions/Flyers_Forum/_/FlyersPanthers_deal/kr-flyers/56425.1?nav=messages

What happened with Carle? Did we hold back on an offer because we were planning to go all in with Suter/Parise?

It really is too bad... the whole 'grass is greener' thing we've got going on. I guess for Richards and Carter, though, the grass really is greener.

I don't know what happened with Carle, but personally I think that was one of Homer's bigger gaffes as GM.

• Like 1

I don't know what happened with Carle, but personally I think that was one of Homer's bigger gaffes as GM.

I guess the questions are: did Homer's machinations send Suter/Parise out West? And, if so, does it matter enough to have missed out on Carle?

I, personally, would have preferred to sign Jagr and Carle and still make the offer sheet to Weber. Just reload the team and take another shot at it.

• Like 2

@TedZep

I just referring to typical Sather-isms. He made out on Nash, but by default Howson is a moron.

Really? Not kidding here...Asimov and Dubinsky actually have offensive skills which were seriously muted by the game Torts wanted them to play. I will be surprised if both of them are not in the 40 to 50 point range next season(not necessarily next year) depending on the line they land on.

@flyerrod

We'll see Rod. I guess anything is possible, but from what I have seen from the two, I am not expecting it.

Howson could have gotten more elsewhere, I am sure of it.

In any case, for his (Howson's) sake, I hope you are right....

For all we know, Howson made sure he went to the Rangers to get even with Philly for sending him Carter.........

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402732

desperate times call for desperate measures..how desperate are we? 6.6 mill cap hit for 2 years..doesn't say what Calgary is asking for him..

it shows you had bad the market is right now for a decent dman..

I want nothing to do with J Bo at this point. When Calgary acquired him I thought a change of scenery might cause him to flourish but he didn't. At that price I want nothing to do with J Bo and be content to wait until the trade deadline to make a move for a defenseman.

• Like 3

"Jaybo" has helped take his teams to a career ZERO playoff games. Add in his AHL and Olympic appearances and he has a grand total of ZERO playoff points. Now this wouldn't bother me if the guy was a great shutdown defenceman....but he's not. He's a big, smooth skating overhyped slightly above average grossly overpaid player.

• Like 4