Jbo is on the market

Guest orange_crush

2 years? I'd do it if they'd take picks. But they want cooter and Schenn just like everyone else.

fwiw, bouwmeester is one of the larger busts in the league these days, and is getting paid on the promise he once had. moving him would be in large part salary dump for calgary...i wouldn't expect they'll want/demand a ton for him. he is getting paid at least twice what he's worth, just taking him off their hands is gift enough.

@aziz Rumor has it, they are not asking for a lot...but the thing is, they don't *have* to move him, so time is on their side. I believe they will have patience and find the right deal. I'm thinking a mid level prospect and a couple 2nd rounders. From the Flyers perspective, that could be Cousins and a few 2nds....not that I want Homer to touch him with a ten foot pole....just say'in. Good to have you back bro....

@aziz Rumor has it, they are not asking for a lot...but the thing is, they don't *have* to move him, so time is on their side. I believe they will have patience and find the right deal. I'm thinking a mid level prospect and a couple 2nd rounders.

How many teams does Howson work for?

If you wanted to give me JayBow AND a couple of 2nds with a prospect, I *might* have a skate sharpener we're not using...

Ha ha....the late winter early spring of 09, when 1000 threads popped up on philly.com about the Flyers having interest in Jay Bo. I was gonna lose it, it was a daily thing, fighting back the guys who thought Jay was the next Philly messiah....LOL! http://forums.philly.com/discussions/Flyers_Forum/_/FlyersPanthers_deal/kr-flyers/56425.1?nav=messages

@jammer2

lol. read below, apparently I wrote this as a response to you Jammer.

"Do you think Jay-Bo is overrated?"

Jammer...I realize you addressd this post to caluso. But if you dont mind I'll jump in here.

I think JBO has been a consistent top performer for a below average team. He's ranked at the very top in ice time as a D-man in the league playing against other team's top lines.

I agree, the guy does'nt use his frame the way Flyers fans expect, he doesnt hit. so in that case he is like the d-man version of Carter.

But I do think he is overrated! However, I believe every player in this league is overrated....Except for Iginla and Ovechkin...and Jon Sim of course.

Phaneuf, Weber, Green, Getzlaf, Cindy, Malkin etc. are all great players, but I still feel the media and fan hype leads to them being overrated.

but after all's been said and done, I'd still welcome JBO....obviously only if what we give away makes sense.

"Jay-Bo"

Good lord has it really come to this? I know we're hurting defensively and our goaltending is "suspect" (to be nice about it). But adding Bouwmeester for anything close to his salary is a mistake. In a perfect world he'd be paid $2.5 million and play 12-15 minutes a night on a 2nd/3rd pair. The Flyers could use him at that price for sure. But at $6.6 million he's an embarrassment to the NHL and a poster-boy for the ludicrous deals some of these GMs/owners hand out.

Three years in Calgary has done nothing to advance his status - he was better in Florida; at least there he was putting up points.

Now he's 28 and he is what he is:

He's a big, smooth skating overhyped slightly above average grossly overpaid player.

@orange_crush I can see JayNO wearing the Winged wheel. Considering the Wings still have 18 mill or so in cap space, he makes more sense for them than any other team. They lost Stuart and Lidstrom this past year. JayNo would give them a respectable warm body and would only require a 2 year investment. They will lose Ian White to next summer if he is not extended, so I can definitely see the Wings being interested. He's not worth the money by any stretch of the imagination, but in the Wings specific case, they could do a lot worse. Gives them a dependable depth guy.