Have a trade idea for Flyers

Guest Mario99

We send Voracek, Cousins, Marc Andre Bourdon and #1 and #3 to Ducks

For Bobby Ryan and Luca Sbisa.

Sbisa's stats last year were similar to Mezaros, and still only 22 years old at 6-2 210 lbs

We all know Flyers like to get former players

Bobby Ryan at 25 has had 4 years of 30 goals or more

I think this is a fair deal, if not Cousins I'm happy to include Read

I think Anaheim is being majorly shorted in this deal idea unless you throw Read in, and you'd be foolish to throw Read in for Ryan. Very similar output, maybe even better considering the difference in ice time, and nowhere near the cost. So without Read no go for the Ducks... with Read you're shorting your Flyers. And I don't know if Anaheim is built enough on defense to throw Sbisa in without getting a top 4 defenseman back. They have a decent corps, but they just sent Visnosky to the Island. Just my two cents.

Sbisa's stats last year were similar to Mezaros, and still only 22 years old at 6-2 210 lbs

That trade suggestion is a joke right?

All kidding aside, no offense bud but giving three players plus two picks for two players is not a good idea depth wise. We have no idea how much better Read will be next season, hell he could put up 30 goals for a hell of alot cheaper then Ryan, plus the fact losing Vorachek would really hurt us up front, we jut signed him to a very fair contract.

I am not a fan of Sbisa, think hes a little soft and just think he does not have it in him to be a good dman. Also bringing up his stats saying that they were similar to Meszaros stats last year is not helping your reason for pushing for a trade to get him beings Mesz was out the entire year basically...I think MAB will have a great year, better then Sbisa no doubt. I Also think our 1st and 3rd could be better spent else were if not the draft.

I also think Voracheks ceiling is higher then Ryans and hes younger.

Edited by Philly29
  • Like 1

NO TRADES! It's gonna be a bumpy ride next year but for once, just once , let's keep our young talant. Go the UFA route if we see something or get a salary dump from another team in excange for a pick but no way on getting rid of Vors or Read. Homer has no real reason to hit the panic button (if we even have a season anyway). And I still agree with Howie, I could see Homer pulling some miracle player out of Europe that is currently off everyone's radar... or a some unsigned guy (ala Read)... No need to sell the farm now...

Nice to hear other people saying this.

NO TRADES! It's gonna be a bumpy ride next year but for once, just once , let's keep our young talant. Go the UFA route if we see something or get a salary dump from another team in excange for a pick but no way on getting rid of Vors or Read. Homer has no real reason to hit the panic button (if we even have a season anyway). And I still agree with Howie, I could see Homer pulling some miracle player out of Europe that is currently off everyone's radar... or a some unsigned guy (ala Read)... No need to sell the farm now...

Indeed who knows how guys like Andrew Johnston will do to you know?

I could be wrong (it's happened before) but I smell troll. A guy named raphael (who, if not a troll is a lunatic) posted this same ridiculous trade on philly.com. This guy here is a Canadiens fan, with a Pens screen name, living in Alabama (nttawwt), and he says "we" when talking about the Flyers? And he proposes a ridiculous trade?

Edit: Apologies to those who came before me. Impatience got the better of me.

Edited by JackStraw

how does this fix our dcorp? I like Sbisa but at best he's a 5/6 dman..we need a top 4 guy to log some minutes...