Mtl - Flyers trade proposal

Guest Brandon Defoy

@Brandon Defoy

@jammer2

you mean I have to acknowledge my source.......well it was a leafs blogger.....lol

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=46100&blogger_id=120

who states.......

Toronto’s Dion Phaneuf will likely be in the mix again in 2014, as he was in 2010. The Leafs captain was invited to the squad’s training camp in the summer of 2009 and was expected to make the team but in the end was not selected. While his peers have voted him the most overrated player in the league, Phaneuf appears to have returned to the form that made him an All-Star and Norris Trophy candidate, scoring 12 goals and 32 assists last season.

and anyway Coburn has the opportunity this year to shine as the #1 D-man. He needs to bring it more on the PP, but his PK skills are solid I don't think he is given enough credit for the quality of defensive play he brings to the team.

@hf101 I like Coburn, think he is our best d-man. He plays within his skill set and is reliable and has respectable mobility for a big man. Having said that, he should never be mistook for one of Canada's top 7 d-man or a all star of any sort. He is what he is, but certainly not a star.

@jammer2

I mostly agree, but I still feel he could be a part of the decision for Sochi. I think his role changes this year, in that he will be positioned to get the recognition as the Flyers best defenseman this season. I think he is just as solid of a defender as Seabrook, and depending on need and injuries he could very well be under consideration.

@jammer2

I mostly agree, but I still feel he could be a part of the decision for Sochi. I think his role changes this year, in that he will be positioned to get the recognition as the Flyers best defenseman this season. I think he is just as solid of a defender as Seabrook, and depending on need and injuries he could very well be under consideration.

I can understand you maybe thinking Pietrangelo making the team before Subban, but every other player on that list you named is Never going to get picked before Subban. Staal great well rounded player but doesn't have the allstar material to pierce team Canada over a player that is easily more dominant than him. Phaneuf finishing -10 last year, i don't even have to say anything on that you already know with that stat hes bad defensively and hes 27yrs old so idk when he will change but at that age after all these NHL years of experience he should have got much better a long time ago.. PK Subban is already a great defensemen hes got more offensive abilities than 3/4 of the defensive players that are going to make team canada. Exactly like Doughty 2 years ago. Now not only is Subban actually getting good defensively but his progression for attitude and selfishness is getting a lot better every year so i think by the time next team canada is here he will easily be one of the best Canadian defensemen. Hes also getting Therrien as coach next year and Markov is back to give him some tools and take some pressure off his shoulders for the next 2 years, that will make him a lot better.

Coburn is a joke compared to every single player you named on your Hall of Famer list lollll. not to be a prick but hes got nooooo talent what so ever offensively. You prob see him different because he plays with philly which is the best offensive team but im telling you now you are overrating a 4th D-man wayyyyy too much.

He's a decent player but team canada material over Myers, Pietrangelo and Subban? Seriously!?

buddy you have to take those bias goggles off and be realistic here. Myers and Pietrangelo will make the team 100x before Coburn does...

Back to the initial post on this thread...if Homer doesn't include Coots in a deal for Weber(pre-offer sheet) why would he trade him for Subban?

PK doesn't suck that bad but that's a bad trade idea.

This.

If Cooter was tradeable, Weber would be a Flyer. Nothing against Subban, but which of those 2 defenseman would you rather have? Right, it's not even close

This.

If Cooter was tradeable, Weber would be a Flyer. Nothing against Subban, but which of those 2 defenseman would you rather have? Right, it's not even close

not to break your little dreaming ideas but Nashville would NEVER accept coots and simmonds for Weber... i don't know what kind of fantasy island you guys live on but this aint LA LA LAND... this is the NHL. for Weber, Nashville would ask minimum [Coots, B.Schenn, Voracek and a 2nd rounder]. if not, they would have just let him go and take the 4 first rounders they could have got for not matching the offer... who would be dumb enough to give a 26 yr old Top defensemen of the national hockey league for a prospect who didnt even prove anything yet that was drafted 8th overall... cmon guys its basic logic.. even a non hockey fan would know this... please take off the BIASSSS GOGGLESSSSSSSSSS!

Ya know, we are all trying to be civil, but your attitude sucks. Why in the world would you come into a new forum and make yourself out to be smarter than everyone else? I don't think anyone was saying Coots would get dealt straight up for Weber, of course he would part of a package, probably one of the main parts of the deal, but wow, as *if* anybody would think it would be a straight up deal....get real.

The fact you would jump to that assumption is just a joke.

not to break your little dreaming ideas but Nashville would NEVER accept coots and simmonds for Weber... i don't know what kind of fantasy island you guys live on but this aint LA LA LAND... this is the NHL. for Weber, Nashville would ask minimum [Coots, B.Schenn, Voracek and a 2nd rounder]. if not, they would have just let him go and take the 4 first rounders they could have got for not matching the offer... who would be dumb enough to give a 26 yr old Top defensemen of the national hockey league for a prospect who didnt even prove anything yet that was drafted 8th overall... cmon guys its basic logic.. even a non hockey fan would know this... please take off the BIASSSS GOGGLESSSSSSSSSS!

Buddy, how about reading your "holier than thou" comments before hitting the post button. Just because YOU think something, doesn't make it the gospel truth. Who on earth would trade an up and coming Ryan McDonaugh for that horrible Gomez and his even worse contract? Who on earth would trade Chris Chelios (and a 2nd) and his 40 more years of great hockey for a soon to be washed up Denis Savard ...who you could have picked intsead of Doug Wickenheiser? Teams make bad trades...it happens. We traded Patrick Sharp for Matt Ellison. We traded a 35 year old Alexei Zhitnik for 21 year old Braydon Coburn. Neither of those trades make any sense for one of the teams looking back on them.

And personally I would take Sean Couturier and Braydon Schenn over 4 likely very late 1st round picks which may amount to not much, and my guess is a few gms would too.

If you don't agree with what people are saying, fine. Try not to be such a jerk about it.

@Brandon Defoy

Little boy, where in my post did I say Couturier and Simmonds for Weber? The Flyers talked trade with Nashville after the RFA deal was signed and before it was matched, do you think Couturier was someone Poile asked about? That was what my post meant, unbelivable that I have to explain something so basic to an obvious Rhodes scholar such as yourself. Please take off your do*chebag goggles.

This.

then why would you comment something like this if its not even close to being the same trade values.... this is a subban for cooter trade, and before you

wrote that you never said it was only going to take Cooter and Simmonds for Weber.. Thats fine, but please don't write ''who would you rather take between Subban and Weber'' if both have totally different trade Values. Your going to have to give practically double the value of Cooter and Simmonds for Weber. Fine by me if your willing to get rid of all these amazing prospects for Weber go ahead. IMO i'd go for Subban and only give Cooter and Simmonds then giving practically something like Cooter, B.Schenn, Voracek and a 2nd rounder for Weber. Your going to completely destroy all your future for Weber. As for Subban youl be giving a part of your future but atleast youl save Schenn, Voracek and a draft pick. And trust me in 2 years from now Subban will prob be as affective as Weber is for a team and will cost a lot less... Nashville are going to ask for a Major overpayment if they are going to trade Weber. Hes wayyyy to important for them right now. So forget about even thinking of having Weber lollll Holmgren will never give what Nashville will aks for.

@Brandon Defoy " And trust me in 2 years from now Subban will prob be as affective as Weber is for a team and will cost a lot less... Nashville are going to ask for a Major overpayment if they are "

HAHAHAHA!!!! Man oh man, you just like digging a hole for yourself don't ya? Subban can skate better than Weber, and he's more dynamic, can stickhandle better and do things at full speed that are not in Weber's skill set....but that's it. He will NEVER EVER be better than Weber defensively, NEVER EVER be a better leader, teammate, NEVER EVER have a better work ethic, NEVER EVER match Webers phisicality, clearing the crease effectiveness....he will never ever be a better human being....ya know, minus the big ego trip and the selfish "I wanna be the star" attitude. WOW, just...wow....

How can you even make such a foolish broad based statement and expect to not get ripped.....seriously, what is next...

Question...can Subban be better than Bobby Orr someday, if everything goes his way?

Another Queston....which of these Hall of Famers can Subban pass when his career all said and done?

1)Bobby Orr

2)Nicklas Lidstrom

3)Larry Robinson

4)Denis Potvin

5)Paul Coffey

6)Doug Harvey

7)Serge Savard

8)Guy Lapointe

9)Ray Bourque

10)Scott Stevens

11)Eddie Shore

Listed in no particular order....which of these guys can Subban be better than someday?

@Brandon Defoy " And trust me in 2 years from now Subban will prob be as affective as Weber is for a team and will cost a lot less... Nashville are going to ask for a Major overpayment if they are "

HAHAHAHA!!!! Man oh man, you just like digging a hole for yourself don't ya? Subban can skate better than Weber, and he's more dynamic, can stickhandle better and do things at full speed that are not in Weber's skill set....but that's it. He will NEVER EVER be better than Weber defensively, NEVER EVER be a better leader, teammate, NEVER EVER have a better work ethic, NEVER EVER match Webers phisicality, clearing the crease effectiveness....he will never ever be a better human being....ya know, minus the big ego trip and the selfish "I wanna be the star" attitude. WOW, just...wow....

How can you even make such a foolish broad based statement and expect to not get ripped.....seriously, what is next...

Question...can Subban be better than Bobby Orr someday, if everything goes his way?

Another Queston....which of these Hall of Famers can Subban pass when his career all said and done?

1)Bobby Orr

2)Nicklas Lidstrom

3)Larry Robinson

4)Denis Potvin

5)Paul Coffey

6)Doug Harvey

7)Serge Savard

8)Guy Lapointe

9)Ray Bourque

10)Scott Stevens

11)Eddie Shore

Listed in no particular order....which of these guys can Subban be better than someday?

When did i say Subban will be BETTER than Weber??? i said he will PROB be as EFFECTIVE as Weber is for a team. See how your putting words in my mouth that i never even said?..... Drew Doughty doesn't have Webers physical skills to clear the crease and doesn't have as much Leadership but he is prob as effective as Weber is for a team, just in a different way, different style.. Subban can easily become as good as Drew Doughty is in 2 years. You can't deny that he can't.. Now stop commenting **** to try and act smart, your the one thats digging a hole for yourself.. in 2 years from now with all the team changes including Coach, Staff, Markov and a lot more stability on every line making Subban have a lot less pressure and a lot more confidence, with a lot more maturity will prob make him even better then we expect. You just don't realize all of these factors.

Sure, a player can offer different skill sets and still be "effective" for a certain team. The whole bold blanket statement that Subban will be as "effective" as Weber is an outrageous premise. So, Subban can somehow be as "effective" as the best defensemen in the entire league?? And no, even though Drew Doughty took a step back in the regualr season last year, he was a champ in the playoffs, you do remember them don't you?

Sure, a player can offer different skill sets and still be "effective" for a certain team. The whole bold blanket statement that Subban will be as "effective" as Weber is an outrageous premise. So, Subban can somehow be as "effective" as the best defensemen in the entire league?? And no, even though Drew Doughty took a step back in the regualr season last year, he was a champ in the playoffs, you do remember them don't you?

Drew Doughty, yea he was a champ. and also was the offensive players infront of him and his goalie.. listen i never said either that Subban right now is as effective as Weber, i said in 2 years from now. 2 years is a hell lot of experience for a guy like Subban and a hell lot of maturity. anyways you got your opinion i got mine. I really just don't think you realize how much aspects this defensemen has. He's got major speed, amazing slap shot, amazing wrist shot, amazing hands to dangle and deke, he gives alot of solid hits. he reads the play well to make a great first pass, or pass in the offensive zone. He's got the grit and attitude to make players get pissed and get them out of their game. Buddy, what more can you want from a defensemen!?. He has it all!. 2 years from now he wont be that same selfish or risky defensemen he used to be a year ago.. He's going to be the Pillar defensemen for the Habs. Yes he will be in the top defensemen of the league. He's got everything to be, so why not? his coach isn't Jacque Martin anymore.

• Like 1

exactly people in philly want subban. people in montreal don't want cooter for subban lolll

I wouldn't mind Subban as a Flyer, just not for Couturier, I really doubt though Montreal will be trading him. Subban and Carlson of the Caps appear to be in a wait and see mode with the CBA discussions but I expect both will sign prior to a lockout.

I don't get it. You start a thread about trading Subban and another player for Couturier and Simmonds, then theres 7 pages of you knocking Couturier and Simmonds and telling us how great Subban is. This was YOUR trade proposal.

And whats with the avatars of mens backsides? (NTTAWWT)

I don't get it. You start a thread about trading Subban and another player for Couturier and Simmonds, then theres 7 pages of you knocking Couturier and Simmonds and telling us how great Subban is. This was YOUR trade proposal.

It's all been terribly confusing for a pea-brained, thick-skulled trogoldyte like me. I need these Habs fans to pick their game up if I'm gonna understand these proposals and participate in a decent conversation.