Mtl - Flyers trade proposal

Guest Brandon Defoy

I don't get it. You start a thread about trading Subban and another player for Couturier and Simmonds, then theres 7 pages of you knocking Couturier and Simmonds and telling us how great Subban is. This was YOUR trade proposal.

And whats with the avatars of mens backsides? (NTTAWWT)

Are you reading all of my posts because i think your missing a couple.... If you wouldn't be blind you'd notice that i wrote. If Cooter becomes better than J.Staal which is possible even tho he still needs to prove alot more. Then yea i wouldnt mind giving Subban in return because we lack Big centermen. I also wrote that Habs have alot of depth at Defense in the future so I wouldn't mind sacrificing one of our top defensemen. But by the looks of your comment you seem to be ignorant not understanding the fact that i was trying to show all of you Biased flyer fans that Subban is more important and better to a team then Cooter is right now and will most likely continue to be in the future because of all of the aspects that ive been writing 20x on this whole discussion. its funny how its all flyer fans that would refuse this trade because they think couturier is better. while all other people would never do it because they know how important subban is for a team. But you all seem to mix up the player with their respective teams and the roles they play. You all know that if the roles would be swiched, Cooter would have never been as impressive with habs as he was with flyers. Subban on the other hand would have prob looked 5x better then he is with a well organized team that has amazing offense.

You all know that if the roles would be swiched, Cooter would have never been as impressive with habs as he was with flyers. Subban on the other hand would have prob looked 5x better then he is with a well organized team that has amazing offense.

Says who? Why? By your own logic Cooter would see more top 6 and PP minutes in MTL in the short term, right? Wouldn't that translate into "more impressive"? I don't get you. Why do you want him and are willing to trade Subban to get him?

Are you reading all of my posts because i think your missing a couple.... If you wouldn't be blind you'd notice that i wrote. If Cooter becomes better than J.Staal which is possible even tho he still needs to prove alot more. Then yea i wouldnt mind giving Subban in return because we lack Big centermen. I also wrote that Habs have alot of depth at Defense in the future so I wouldn't mind sacrificing one of our top defensemen. But by the looks of your comment you seem to be ignorant not understanding the fact that i was trying to show all of you Biased flyer fans that Subban is more important and better to a team then Cooter is right now and will most likely continue to be in the future because of all of the aspects that ive been writing 20x on this whole discussion. its funny how its all flyer fans that would refuse this trade because they think couturier is better. while all other people would never do it because they know how important subban is for a team. But you all seem to mix up the player with their respective teams and the roles they play. You all know that if the roles would be swiched, Cooter would have never been as impressive with habs as he was with flyers. Subban on the other hand would have prob looked 5x better then he is with a well organized team that has amazing offense.

Blind? Ignorant? Well for one I can clearly see your fetish pour les derriere des hommes. As for ignorant, I'm not on a predominantly Hab fan board making trade proposals then calling everyone names cause they won't agree with me.

But just keep going...I'm sure you'll convert us all.

Says who? Why? By your own logic Cooter would see more top 6 and PP minutes in MTL in the short term, right? Wouldn't that translate into "more impressive"? I don't get you. Why do you want him and are willing to trade Subban to get him?

lol did you see what our 2nd line PP did last year? Even if cooter has PP time in Mtl he aint gonna be scoring anything huge.. it would be pretty sick to see him play with Plekanec tho. Anyways he doesn't have anyone to guide him in Mtl like he does in philly and he would be playing with alot more pressure over here then he is over there. hes still hitting average of 15-20min ice time with philly playing with Talbot which is a perfect player to set example. on alot of shifts he still gets to play with Simmonds, Briere and even Voracek sometimes. Flyers have one of the best offense in the NHL. so if your going to compare having little bit more time on PP in montreal to all the advantages he has with philly even if hes not on the PP. He is still in a wayyyy better position with philly to get more points. Don't forget also the best defensemen from the other teams will mostly check the 2 first lines which is Giroux and Brieres lines so Cooter has alot more chances against 3rd pair defensemen then the top pairs.

For the trade part ive said it like 20 times. I wouldnt mind giving up Subban for Cooter because in Mtl we have a huge lack of big centermen of his caliber. And we also have plenty of very good defensemen prospects coming up like Beaulieu, Tinordi, Thrower, Ellis ect. so giving Subban away might hurt us for next year but after that we would be able to replace him.

Flyers need a defensemen also so that would obviously give them a huge favor.

so the bottom line, Mtl would be the ones losing in this trade for these reasons

1- Top line defensemen are always more important than a forward

2- Subban has higher ceiling because of his potential and talent

3- Cooter just played one year, so he hasnt really proven anything yet.

1- Top line defensemen are always more important than a forward

Says who? Always? Except when you need a big strapping centre?

2- Subban has higher ceiling because of his potential and talent

Says who? His ceiling might be higher (debatable), but his floor is also lower because of his pissy attitude and general immaturity, relative to Cooter

3- Cooter just played one year, so he hasnt really proven anything yet.

Says you. We've been over this before. You love that expression re proven. Do you think proof falls from the sky in one big dump? Proof is day in and day out. Cooter has proven lots and has more to prove. As for Subban, he could just easily prove that he's a giant **** of a person that no team will think is worth taking a chance on, despite his ample talent.

@brandon-defoy

This is just one of those threads that is best left with an agreement to disagree. Your probably not going to find one Flyer fan that would trade Couturier, period. He at this time is just as unmovable as Giroux to the Fanbase.

Personally I think both players have a lot of talent to offer. If the Canadiens were not in a rebuilding stage you probably wouldn't think of making a offer to trade Subban.

Now if this had been a Carter for Subban trade a year ago, I would have been in support of it.

@sarsippius

@flyercanuck

This ongoing discussion brings to mind one of Mrs P's favorite sayings, which we try to live by, viz: "if you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning."

@Podein25

That is an amazing quote. I hope Mrs P doesn't mind if I use that sometime in a strategically appropriate situation

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Simmonds AND Courtier for PK and Kristo?!

I don't know much about Kristo so I won't comment on him. And I think you overvalue Subban while undervaluing Courtier

I posted because I want to talk about Simmonds. Since when is a top-6, 28-goal scoring, 50 point power winger with 114 PIM expendable? Simmonds plays all situations, he's only 24, he had 200 SOG and 140 hits last year. There's a reason why Philly locked him up.

In a trade discussion between the Habs and Philly involving Subban, Simmonds would be the centerpiece going to Montreal, not a throw in.

Just my two cents.

@Puck@Puck Welcome to the board! One of the hardest things to find in the NHL is a combo of grit and skill. The Habs just paid 2.5 million for 3 years to Brandon Prust for God's sake. Brandon had 17 points in 82 games last year, and a grand total of 5 goals. Add in 1 goal and 1 assists taking a regular shift in 19 playoff games. That speaks volumes about how elusive toughness is to add. The only way to get it is draft it, or overpay LARGE for in like the Habs just did....or you have to acquire it by trade. Based on his youth, scoring potential, toughness and speed Simmonds would be VERY expensive to trade for. I don't know if he would be the outright centerpiece for a guy like Subban, but you would not have to pay much more IMHO....you are correct, this guy is no throw in...he is worth a LOT on the trade market.

@jammer2

Thanks for the welcome. I think I jumped the gun with my post as I didn't realize there were 9 pages to this thread. I'm getting used to the layout of the forum. If I rehashed something that was already put out there, chalk it up to being a noob. :D

Looks like the majority is in agreement; Courtier > Subban. Having said that, I'm sure Philly would be interested in PK if the asking price were reasonable. Philly seems like a good fit for players with bad attitudes and crusty dispositions.