Great Pass Voracek

Guest Spinorama

@ brelic

i totally understand about carter, and agree that he's not the guy you build your team around.

i also think he's gotten a bad rap here, for some good reasons, you mentioned a couple and i'll add that he never looks to be working hard, things come easily for him and philly hates that in their athletes, if he could grimace on strides 1 and 2 people would view him differently but he's certainly not as bad as 85% of the posters say...

Good points, and I would add that the biggest problem with Carter (and @Spinorama hints at it in his post) is that he didn't seem to learn to correct some of the flaws in his game. He's got the talent, but whether he was stubborn, uncoachable, or just dumb, he didn't evolve his offensive game.

@ brelic

agreed, the guy ( Carter ) was frustrating... and his hockey sense just wasn't what you wanted to go with a guy with his skills I often compared him to baseball player jd drew, who is gifted physically but dumb as a sack of hammers, and too laize faire for any fanbase outside of southern california

@ spinorama, you make good points, & i don't want to let on that i have a couple of carter replica jersey's in my closet, 'cause i don't.... i just think the guy got a lot more hate than he deserves. that's all, i'm not sorry he's not on the team anymore, but it's not like the guy was a total bust ala pavel brendl