Great Pass Voracek

Guest Spinorama

So far he hasn't been lighting it up. he's had some good games but most he's been relatively invisible. Recently though he seems like he's starting to get comfortable. That pass he made tonight to Read really shows that. You don't make that kind of pass without feeling a certain level of confidence and chemistry. Fantastic play! I like!

So far he hasn't been lighting it up. he's had some good games but most he's been relatively invisible. Recently though he seems like he's starting to get comfortable. That pass he made tonight to Read really shows that. You don't make that kind of pass without feeling a certain level of confidence and chemistry. Fantastic play! I like!

You are right, he's getting used to the system now and getting the feel of his linemates. If he's playing like this the rest of the year, we raped the Blue Jackets big time for Mr. High and Wide. Glad I don't have to hear that from JJ every game anymore. Also did you see him backcheck too? Jagr's play in all zone is starting to rub off on him too and it's great to see.

Also did you see him backcheck too? Jagr's play in all zone is starting to rub off on him too and it's great to see.

i noticed him defensively too, in a good way, some folks were pretty down on the guy calling him zherdev 2.0 but i think that's too harsh... jake isn't a prima donna, he hustles and hasn't sulked because things haven't been going as well as everyone would like for him offensively... he'll mix it up , defend a teammate. there's a lot to like about this version of 93. nice point about playing with jagr, that's his boyhood idol, and he's getting to live the 8 year old jake's dream. skating with 68 and hopefully he's picking up some good work habits from jagr too.

Don't forget that pass to Talbot! That was a great play by Voracek and even better finish by Max.

Nope, didn't live here then. All of the guys in the keeper league I'm in did though, one of whom is a sports writer, so it feels like I did see him play. He's always been a great passer. Usually described as a "pure playmaker"

He's always been a great passer. Usually described as a "pure playmaker"

Someone mentioned this in the chat last night and I have to agree - Voracek is starting to remind me of Forsberg. Obviously not at a Forsbergian level, but just the way he skates, his power on his skates, his vision and his passes.

I was on the record as saying this kid wasn't smart enough to be a good hockey player. I want to go on the record with some crow in my mouth. Now that he has picked up the system and doesn't look lost out there - I see huge potential (dare we say special?).

Regardless - I really enjoyed watching him play last night.

I think there's no question we got the better of the Crater deal. No question whatsoever.

I don't know that I give up the #8 for Crater along, much less the #8 AND Voracek (#7 overall).

This is clearly the right place and the right time for Voracek, with Jagr coming back. I'd like to hope this guy blossoms.

IMO Columbus needs someone who knows more about hockey running their hockey operations.

Jeff Carter, 6 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 PTS

Jakub Voracek, 17 GP, 3 G, 9 A, 12 PTS

Sean Couturier, 17 GP, 5 G, 3 S, 8 PTS

Homer looks like a genius on this one so far. To be fair, though, Carter *did* have a broken foot.

take both Voracek and Couturier an compare their "sweet feeds" to teammates and compare that to Carter lifetime and the Flyers still win.

The one thing I will not miss with Jeff Carter is how he always seemed to be a line cancer.

Dude doesn't forecheck or backcheck, all he does is wait for someone to get him the puck to shoot it high and wide.

carter was solid defensively, he was a plus player while he was here... he got back on d as well as anyone and while we all know he wasn't a physical player he used his reach and positioning to ride guys off the puck. i get it people are glad he's gone, i'm not sad we got 2 nice young players back, but to act like he sucked is disingenuous.

carter was solid defensively, he was a plus player while he was here... he got back on d as well as anyone and while we all know he wasn't a physical player he used his reach and positioning to ride guys off the puck. i get it people are glad he's gone, i'm not sad we got 2 nice young players back, but to act like he sucked is disingenuous.

It's not that Carter was bad, it's that Carter was replaceable. His playoff history shows that he doesn't have raise his game when it counts. There are a lot of players like that, and the fewer you have the better. He also didn't make his linemates better and sometimes made his line worse. Kinda like JVR right now ;)

At the end of the day, he was expendable. He is not the kind of guy you give an 11 year contract to and build your team around. Richards is that kind of guy. For whatever reason, he lost his way here, but I would still put my money 10 times out of 10 on Richards over Carter.

@ brelic

i totally understand about carter, and agree that he's not the guy you build your team around.

i also think he's gotten a bad rap here, for some good reasons, you mentioned a couple and i'll add that he never looks to be working hard, things come easily for him and philly hates that in their athletes, if he could grimace on strides 1 and 2 people would view him differently but he's certainly not as bad as 85% of the posters say...

ou mentioned a couple and i'll add that he never looks to be working hard, things come easily for him

work ethic and whatnot are important but I for one wouldn't hold things coming easily for someone against them. good for them. For this Flyers fan, I was never a fan of his shoot first always mentality. The fact that he'd almost never pass the puck until there was absolutely nothing he could do with it, at which point there wasn't much the rest of the team could do with it either. The fact that he was a line cancer. Whatever line he was on never really had any chemistry. I viewed Carter as someone who played on a team but wasn't anyone's teammate.