The time for waiting is over

Guest Canadian Sabres

The Sabres have been very silent through out this off season. After shelling out last year, the Sabres were expected by many to be very quite.. The Sabres when seeing their chance to make something happen during the CBA negotiation off season have delivered...

Draft: 12th Overall - Mikhael Grigorenko

14th Overall via trade with Calgary - Zemgus Girgensons

Signings/Trades:

Traded: Derek Roy to Dallas Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy

Signed: John Scott

With still plenty of time left before the start of pre-season (hopefully with a new CBA in tact by than) the Sabres still have a chance to land some big fish...

Bobby Ryan and Shane Doan have been circulating names linked to a being possible candidates in Buffalo and would look pretty snazzy in some Blue and Gold next season..

Silence kills Buffalo sports fans every off season with shouts of #dosomethingdarcy running ramped on twitter as other teams gobble up the likes of Rick Nash, Zach Parise and Ryan Sutter...

I see that Buffalo sports fans seem to want Darcy to do every thing possible right away as opposed to waiting in the wings and watching the top free agents go to other teams and most often sometimes rival teams

Darcy has done well with focusing on what the team really needed coming into this off season and thus he has done well stringing together some magic to enforce this team that was ridiculed last year for being softer than Mr softies ice cream.

If i'm Darcy i'm done playing waiting games as Sabres nation grows ever impatient waiting for the next domino to fall after seeing Derek Roys departure, surely something else has to give..

Make an offer and solidify your scoring punch Darcy, the Sabres have tons of talented prospects setting yourself back a few doesn't hurt at all seeing a draft pick slide away isnt too shabby either we draft well no matter where we fall in the draft..

The time for waiting is over you have all the tools at your disposial its time to make a splash that no one saw coming liek you did at trade deadline this past year swaping Gragnani and Kassian for Sulzer and Hodgson

GO FOR IT! nothing to lose everything to gain

I like Steve Ott's game and I think the trade for him was a solid move for Buffalo. Not only did it add size and grit down the middle but it gives Hodgson and Ennis the chance to play on the top two lines. Buffalo definitely is more balanced through out the line up. I'm not sure though if I would make another trade at this point. I think they have the means to make the playoffs this season.

At this point I think the Sabres roster is set as is (still have to sign Ennis) or it will look waaay different. Point and case:

Current Lineup:

Vanek-Hodgson-Pommer

Stafford-Ennis-Foligno

Gerbe-Leino-Ott

Kaleta-McCormick-Tropp/Scott

Ehrhoff-Sulzer

Myers-Regher

Leopold-Sekera

Big Trade/s Lineup (Go big or go home version):

Vanek-Hodgson-Pommer

Ryan-Gagner-Foligno

Gerbe-Grigorenko-Leino

Kaleta-McCormick-Tropp/Scott

Ehrhoff-Sulzer

Myers-McNabb

Leopold-Regher

The next week will be very interesting. If Ennis signs I think that will be a sign that the Sabres will go into camp with the current lineup. The roster as is I think puts the Sabres in a 7-12 spot in the East. A tougher lineup, but still lacks scoring which was a big issue last season.

Going with your lines - if they play Leino as a C and Ott on the W they're nuts. Ott should center that line and it may turn ot to have more scoring punch that it first appears. I think Ott between a Gerbe and Leino just may have the magic to be "more than the sum of their parts"

It would not surprise me to see one of the 1Gs make the roster - if not both.

Sabres should make a lot of noise this season and have no one to blame but themselves if they don't.