Habs Future Watch: 2015 line up

Guest habsguy26

Just bored, and just reading my new THN yearbook and it got me thinking. They grade the Habs' future team as a "C" but I think they're being a bit senile... Habs completely restocked the cupboard this past draft alone, adding (according to analysts) atleast 4 future NHL regulars. Anyways, here is what I think the Habs MAY look like in 2015. 3 years from now.

LW- Max Pacioretty C- Alex Galchenyuk RW- Nathan Mackinninon ;)... just kidding, (still possible though) David Desharnais

LW- Micheal Bournival C- Lars Eller RW- Sebastian Collberg

LW- Travis Moen C- Louis LeblancRW- Brendan Gallagher

LW- Blake Geoffrion C- Ryan WhiteRW- Brandon Prust

LD- Josh Gorges RD- P.K Subban

LD- Jarrod Tinordi RD- Nathan Beaulieu

LD- Alexei Emelin RD- Raphael Diaz

Goalie: Carey Price

Back up: a veteran FA signing, no one in the system special enough to really fight for the job right now.

Obviously not really anything serious here, just having a bit of fun.. vets like Plekanec, Gionta, Bourque, Cole, Gomez, Markov, Kaberle are gone, assuming by trade, retirement or not being offered renewals of contracts. Obviously Plekance would have fetched a significant return that would have affected this line up, but I wasn't going to speculate on anything that wasn't in the system already.

Anyways guys, have a good day!

Habsguy26

Just bored, and just reading my new THN yearbook and it got me thinking. They grade the Habs' future team as a "C" but I think they're being a bit senile... Habs completely restocked the cupboard this past draft alone, adding (according to analysts) atleast 4 future NHL regulars. Anyways, here is what I think the Habs MAY look like in 2015. 3 years from now.

LW- Max Pacioretty C- Alex Galchenyuk RW- Nathan Mackinninon ;)... just kidding, (still possible though) David Desharnais

LW- Micheal Bournival C- Lars Eller RW- Sebastian Collberg

LW- Travis Moen C- Louis LeblancRW- Brendan Gallagher

LW- Blake Geoffrion C- Ryan WhiteRW- Brandon Prust

LD- Josh Gorges RD- P.K Subban

LD- Jarrod Tinordi RD- Nathan Beaulieu

LD- Alexei Emelin RD- Raphael Diaz

Goalie: Carey Price

Back up: a veteran FA signing, no one in the system special enough to really fight for the job right now.

Obviously not really anything serious here, just having a bit of fun.. vets like Plekanec, Gionta, Bourque, Cole, Gomez, Markov, Kaberle are gone, assuming by trade, retirement or not being offered renewals of contracts. Obviously Plekance would have fetched a significant return that would have affected this line up, but I wasn't going to speculate on anything that wasn't in the system already.

Anyways guys, have a good day!

Habsguy26

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Leblanc

Bournival - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Collberg - Eller - Moen

Prust - Dumont - Schultz

Gorges - Subban

Tinordi - Beaulieu

Emelin - Ellis

id figure you have to put Desharnais on center, i mean if you don't your prob taking off 25% of affectiveness. You also need to keep him with Pacio

because of Chemistry. Galchenyuk is our future #1 Center so you also need to keep him at that position. There for Eller, Leblanc and Bournival have

to be one of the 3rd Centermen and the other 2 need to be transferred as wingers. obviously they are not players that will play on the 4th line.

I put Eller as the third center because he has shown that he plays best at that position. Leblanc played as a winger and did very well IMO last year with pleky

for his first year in the NHL. so id keep him there. Maybe putting him 1st liner is a bit too much for him but you have to balance out the size on each line so

there really isnt any other place to put him. I don't think Bournival will be better than Leblanc so thats why i kept him on the 2nd to also balance the size on

that line. Eller with Collberg looks pretty decent including the fact that they practically come from the same area Sweden and Denmark. they both have very good talent especially Collberg so it might help Eller stack up some points. Putting Moen with them gives them a good big grinder to make some space and to add some

size on the line aswell. Now the 4th line i put Dumont as center playing with Prust and Schultz. Making Dumont play with 2 fighters is very good because he wont be scared to play Gritty and be a hell of a pest on every shift. Having a style of play like Max Talbot is perfect for a 4th line letting him stir a lot of **** and then let his wingers finish off the job, especialy against Bruins, Flyers, Leafs and Sens. Now on Defense i don't really need to explain myself i think the lines are obviously what everyone is expecting them to be in the future. Except for Maybe Ellis playing with Emelin, but hey, you never know what he can do. ive only heard great things about him. I think Diaz will get traded because of his size and age. He does have skill but hes 26yrs old with practically no NHL experience.. I rather see Ellis or Thrower.

And this is just a little fun im having also. Putting what i think is best but obviously the lines wont look like this because of the UFA signings in the next years and trades Habs might make, prob bringing other veteran players to the team.

@Brandon Defoy I saw Tinordi play a few times last year. The good....he's a beast of crease clearer, seems to have a decent hockey IQ, his amazingly long arms cut off many passing lanes in close to the net...the bad, he's a below average skater, part of that is due to him not growing into his massive frame yet....but is backwards skating was not impressive at all. The Spitfires, even the rookies, were blowing by him aat both the defensive and offensive blue lines. He will definaltly be an NHL plalyer, how effective he is depends on how his skating improves.....nice shot on the kid though, rocked a few shots on net with some serious steam on them. I project him where you put him, a solid second pairing guy, with the upside to move into the top pairing depening on how his skating goes. Right now, he does not have the speed or dexterity to kill penalties, but that may change over time.

@Brandon Defoy I saw Tinordi play a few times last year. The good....he's a beast of crease clearer, seems to have a decent hockey IQ, his amazingly long arms cut off many passing lanes in close to the net...the bad, he's a below average skater, part of that is due to him not growing into his massive frame yet....but is backwards skating was not impressive at all. The Spitfires, even the rookies, were blowing by him aat both the defensive and offensive blue lines. He will definaltly be an NHL plalyer, how effective he is depends on how his skating improves.....nice shot on the kid though, rocked a few shots on net with some serious steam on them. I project him where you put him, a solid second pairing guy, with the upside to move into the top pairing depening on how his skating goes. Right now, he does not have the speed or dexterity to kill penalties, but that may change over time.

yea he has couple more years to do in the AHL for sure... He really isn't ready for the NHL yet... i think he will become between Hall Gill and Pronger type player in the future years. He does play with a lot of grit, he hits hard and fights against anyone to protect his teamates. Sometimes plays dirty to make a name for himself. He has decent slapper. Can make good passing plays which is obviously going to be a major plus over Hall Gill offensively. His skating is bad right now for sure but if he gets better skating mobility he will definitely be great for a second liner defensemen in the NHL. Patience is the only key for him right now.