THN predicts Habs will finish in 13th place

Guest hf101

@hf101 I've seen a ton of Scott Wedgewood, enough to know he will steal a lot of starts from Marty next year, he's gonna make a great mentor for Scott. I still think Marty has some good hockey left in him. The Devils style, as usual, will help him out.

@hf101 I've seen a ton of Scott Wedgewood, enough to know he will steal a lot of starts from Marty next year, he's gonna make a great mentor for Scott. I still think Marty has some good hockey left in him. The Devils style, as usual, will help him out.

I'm sort of surprised they signed Hedberg for two years, although it was probably a depth move more than anything else. Wedgewood will need to win out the starting goaltending position with the little debbies.

@Podein25 I think Scott is the long term answer in NJ, although, it seems they didn't have enough faith to let him compete next season. That may just be Lou being Lou, not wanting to rush a kid before he deems him ready. Who knows, maybe Scott beats out Hedberg in camp, but I'm thinking (have not checked) prob Hedberg's contract is guaranteed. Nothing wrong with developing a kid in the AHL and making "sure" he's ready.

I remember when Scott was with Plymouth in 09-10, during our first Memorial Cup year, he would get BOMBED, I'm talking twice over 70 shots in a game, a few times over 60....and we would win 6-0 and 8-1.....but he would make outrageous save after save...it was sick. This kid has skills. Never seen a goalie let in 6 goals, get shut out and *still* win 3rd star of the game....LOL!

@jammer2

So, he's seen a lot of rubber. That's good I guess. Makes him more like a goalie from the Q I guess. My understanding is that Kinkaid, who went to Union College, is ahead of Wedgewood on the NJ depth chart, but Scott has the higher upside.

Carey Price isn't special? LOL! If not for him Montreal would have had top pick, no doubt and would have finished with about 8 wins.. He'll also be suiting up for Team Canada in Sochi as the starter as M.A Fluery watches from the bench/pressbox ;)

Normally I would say that was standard short sightedness regarding M.A.F. But in light of this past playoff season, I have no argument there. I've watched Price enough to know that occasionally he puts together a stellar performance. But more often than not he's average. He's still maturing though so as I told another member here not long ago I'll keep my eyes open and watch as he improves. By no means do I consider him a "lost cause" or "disappointment". I just don't think he's truly stood out yet.

@Polaris922 Hey, you're a human. You have the right to your own opinion and I have mine. But, Carey Price is highly regarded around the league as a top 5 goalie. In some people's mind, top 3 (maybe not so much now due to Quick's stellar play offs).

I dunno about highly regarded around the league as a top 5.... I see a lot of people's "best goalie" lists and he's ranked anywhere from 5th to 19th in the league, but in five lists he's higher than tenth in all but one. And top 3? Those people would be Canadiens fans with a little bias, I'm thinking. Rinne, Lundqvist, and Quick (thanks to his playoff run to the Cup) would have to be my top 3 right now. Price isn't in that elite company. Like I said though I'll watch with you and see how he develops!

@Polaris922 I'm with you on Price, he's good but not great. Don't like Ryan Miller either. If these teams were smart, they would deal these goalies and start the *real* rebuilding process. Do the Habs really think they are going to be elite during Price's prime? They could waste years and years finding out. I deal him for a boatload of talent and start the rebuilding right now. Ditto for the Sabres.