Scott Hartnell Extended for 6 Years

Guest dilbert719

http://flyers.nhl.co...s.htm?id=640084

https://twitter.com/...643033447907328

Don't know how much this cost the team, but I'm certainly happy to hear that we locked him up.

Edit: Anthony SanFilippo's said that he's hearing $33M, $5.5M cap hit.

Also Edit: And Panaccio's saying $28.5M, $4.75M cap hit. I like his numbers better.

Edited by dilbert719

funny of that whole, "center city crew" i did not expect him to be the lifer.

If the 5.5 cap hit figure is correct . this could be a good deal for a couple o 4-5 years . he's a good guy to have on your team when he avoids the lazy penalties, i think i'm okay with this, even if he reverts to his 25g 30a form i think he'd be a little expensive vs the cap but not atrociously so.

Edit: if the Panotch number is correct, i'm delighted by the signing.

• Like 1

Another 6 years for Harts? At this point he really needs to consistently put up the numbers he did last year. He was way overpaid for what he brought to the table for the bulk of his previous contract but obviously shined when paired with Giroux. Hopefully he can keep it up with his point production and smack some bodies around on top of it.

If there is one thing we have all learned is that a long term contract does not gaurentee anything in Philly. JVR, Carter and Richards can atest to that, but as for the amount it isnt bad if he stays on the top line and is healthy I see him being a 30/30 guy like last season and with a 4.75 cap hit it really isnt bad for a guy coming off of a 37 goal season. People like Leino, Connolly and Komisarek have the same cap hit and are much less valuable to their respective teams.

I like the deal, it's a nice value for what he brings. I've pointed out many times, grit and goals are tough to come by in this league. Brandon Prust and his five regualr season goals got 2.7 mill a year from the Habs. If you want to add toughness combined with pts, you always end up overpaying....so locking him is smart. I don't expect him to repeat the 37 goals from last year, but who knows, stranger things have happend. Even if he reverts to 22-27 goals this is a good solid deal. Happy to have Harts for 6 more years, a loyal Flyer and a good teammate, and very good for the Philly community. This is a win-win for everyone, management, his teammates and the fans.

About his NMC in his new deal, remember he still has a year left on his current deal (with no NMC) so he could potentially be traded before his new contract kicks in. The Flyers would still have a full year of deciding whether to keep him or not.

Not saying they should trade him. Not at all. I am happy he signed that deal and that he will stay in Philly. Just saying.

About his NMC in his new deal, remember he still has a year left on his current deal (with no NMC) so he could potentially be traded before his new contract kicks in. The Flyers would still have a full year of deciding whether to keep him or not.

Not saying they should trade him. Not at all. I am happy he signed that deal and that he will stay in Philly. Just saying.

I just think all these NMC/NTC are crazy. Guaranteed contracts, and you cannot be moved, not even demoted, if you have an NMC. Where is the incentive to actually play well and keep improving yourself? There has to be a way out for non-performance.

The GMs are the ones handing these out like candy, but it can't continue to be just a one-way street for the players.

funny of that whole, "center city crew" i did not expect him to be the lifer.

If the 5.5 cap hit figure is correct . this could be a good deal for a couple o 4-5 years . he's a good guy to have on your team when he avoids the lazy penalties, i think i'm okay with this, even if he reverts to his 25g 30a form i think he'd be a little expensive vs the cap but not atrociously so.

Edit: if the Panotch number is correct, i'm delighted by the signing.

I don't think anyone did.

I am ok with this deal if he can do what he did last year and not the several before that. He has to be scoring 30 goals a year in my book.

Why laugh at Carter ? He just won a cup. Think he is laughing at the flyers right now.

Who cares? I'm serious. The team traded two of their core players and ended up in the same exact spot in the POs they did with them. The team literally did no miss a beat. I'm supposed to be bothered those two douchebags won a Cup? Why? It's obvious they fell into that situation. They lucked out and road on the coattails of a hot goalie. **** happens. I wish they didn't win the Cup, but I'm not that upset about it all. I don't miss those douchers for a second and they proved what we all thought here: they can't do it on their own.

If I were a Flyers fan, I would say I like this deal more than the Simmonds deal. Many of you swayed my thinking on that one and convinced my uncertain mind that was a good deal for your boys. This one I don't need swayed on. I don't have much respect for the freak sideshow crap Hartnell brings to the game (as we've beaten back and forth before), but his talent and heart aren't suspect here, and I think he DOES bring a lot to your team, especially matching his style with Giroux's ability to make plays in tight. The numbers this past season were obvious.

Having said that, I'm not a big fan of a 6 year contract. That's a long time in my book for anybody short of elite elite talent. He'll earn it at the start, but we'll see where he's at in... 7 years??

Edited by Polaris922

Who cares? I'm serious. The team traded two of their core players and ended up in the same exact spot in the POs they did with them. The team literally did no miss a beat. I'm supposed to be bothered those two douchebags won a Cup? Why? It's obvious they fell into that situation. They lucked out and road on the coattails of a hot goalie. **** happens. I wish they didn't win the Cup, but I'm not that upset about it all. I don't miss those douchers for a second and they proved what we all thought here: they can't do it on their own.

I agree with Carter. More like he whined and cried his way into that situation.

But Richards was solid in the playoffs. He had a weak regular season, but brought it when it counted.