List the NHL's Worst Divers

hf101

NHL: Players want crackdown on diving

According to NHL.com, league executive Colin Campbell said Wednesday that players wanted a list of offenders distributed to on-ice officials and to teams for posting on bulletin boards.

The league called players for embellishing 33 times during the 2011-12 regular season. The issue came to a head during the Western Conference final when Phoenix Coyotes coach Dave Tippett complained about it after a loss to the Los Angeles Kings.

"The game is turning a little dishonest and it's embellishment by players," he said at the time. "When it's done well, it's very hard for the referees, very hard, because if you fall down near the boards or you drop your stick or you throw your head back, you're putting the referee in a very tough situation."

"They want to get (the list) out there," Campbell told the website. "They want the player to be caught, whether it's on the ice by the referee or by us on video. They are all tired of diving. The object is to make them stop eventually and, by doing that, they can get it out there around the league, embarrass them. The referees will know it, too, so the divers don't get the benefit of the doubt."

Campbell said there was no appetite among the group attending the two-day summit to suspend repeat offenders, because the players feel the punishment that comes with having your name on the divers' list would be enough to reduce the frequency with which the tactic is used.

OK, for fun let us make our own list of the NHL's worst divers.

1. Sidney Crosby :D

next......

Every player, on every team in the league because they have no idea what the rules are anymore.

Not an acceptable answer we have to at least make an attempt to rank the players.

Dustin Brown was one of THE worst last season. Letang is brutal. I was embarrassed to have Carcillo on the Flyers. Briere is bad. Marchand. Derek Roy. Kesler, the Sedins and of course Burrows. Ribeiro. Eric Staal. Ovechkin. Crosby doesn't do it as much, but he did enough his first 4 years to last a career and still make top 10. Hartnell is the worst when noone is near him and can't draw a penalty.

They should hand out a 5 minute unsportsmanlike and get this garbage out of the game.

• Like 1

1) DAN "THE PUKE" CARCILLO

2) Dustin Brown

3) Sean Avery (if he even counts anymore)

4) Sid Crosby

5) Steve Ott

To me though all of the mentioned are null and void when placed next to Carcillo. I was embarrassed that he ever donned a Flyers Jersey.

dan_carcillo_school_of_diving_tshirt-p235571837426382675b2jo4_400.jpg

Dustin Brown was one of THE worst last season. Letang is brutal. I was embarrassed to have Carcillo on the Flyers. Briere is bad. Marchand. Derek Roy. Kesler, the Sedins and of course Burrows. Ribeiro. Eric Staal. Ovechkin. Crosby doesn't do it as much, but he did enough his first 4 years to last a career and still make top 10. Hartnell is the worst when noone is near him and can't draw a penalty.

They should hand out a 5 minute unsportsmanlike and get this garbage out of the game.

This might scare you but... I agree 100% on all points. Funny thing is read enough articles on it and some authors defend it as always happened / part of the game b.s.

The Sedins do not belong anywhere near this list. Sure, they were bad against Boston, but only because there was so much crap going on and the refs weren't calling any of it. As for Dustin Brown, he was diving all over hell during the playoffs, it was disgusting. Not sure how you can say he cooled it down. Jonathan Quick can be placed atop the goalie category, but only because Dwayne Roloson is finished.

The Sedins do not belong anywhere near this list. Sure, they were bad against Boston, but only because there was so much crap going on and the refs weren't calling any of it. As for Dustin Brown, he was diving all over hell during the playoffs, it was disgusting. Not sure how you can say he cooled it down. Jonathan Quick can be placed atop the goalie category, but only because Dwayne Roloson is finished.

Seriously?? Henrik Sedin is top ten on ANYBODY'S list. How can you not see that? I'm a hometown fan for my Pens, but I admit Crosby used to be horrible, and Letang still takes an uncalled for swim once in awhile. It's part of the game that sucks, but they do it. Just like Sedin does.

Your take is laughable. Sure he ******* a lot, but he's not a diver other than the odd time. Each team has a couple guys who does it constantly, there are guys on the canucks who are woe as there are on every team in the league. But hey, if you want to believe the crap media pumps out against the canucks ten go right ahead. If you watched the sedins every game you'd know how much crap they put up with.

Your take is laughable. Sure he ******* a lot, but he's not a diver other than the odd time. Each team has a couple guys who does it constantly, there are guys on the canucks who are woe as there are on every team in the league. But hey, if you want to believe the crap media pumps out against the canucks ten go right ahead. If you watched the sedins every game you'd know how much crap they put up with.

It's not just the media or hatred for your boys... look around at top ten diver's lists around the web. A LOT of people think it, not just me. I think Daniel tries to fight through it more but not Henrik. Let's face it, higher talent players spend their lives under the microscope. Crosby was horrible at it in his early days, so now anytime something that's even close is seen he takes beef for it. Daniel is a talented player, but I'm sorry, he embellishes.

OKay let's take a look at Henrik's skating then...

(I had to remove all three videos because as I was posting them so was hf101.... they were the exact same videos in a different order!)

Should I continue? He's a great talent... but I hate when players dive. That goes for yours, mine, anybody's.

Edited by Polaris922

@hf101

Ahh yes.. some of his more memorable moments in his youth. I will defend a couple in there but not the majority. The third one it's the stick across the back of the head that hurt. The spear against the Islanders would have put me down too. And the slash across the wrist hurts your boys put on him in front of the net. The other four or five I think are true embellishments. I think Crosby was horrible about it in his youth, but I also think he gets a lot of stick work on him, especially from your beloved Flyers ;) Maybe that's why he hacked at Giroux so much? A little "how do you like it?" LOL