Flyers prospect Cousins charged with sexual assault

Guest OzFlyer

I'd just like to point out that Tibbetts was a statutory rape of a 15yo, not an adult woman who apparently had relations with three(?) players...

I am not clearing Cousins off the bat, but still believe in "innocent until proven guilty."

That said, there is absolutely nothing which offends and enrages me like abuse of women.

"innocent until proven guilty."

Exactly. Which is what I say too. To wit: "I never had sexual relations with that sheep"

Somewhere out there is a sheep wearing a stained blue dress who is going to dispute that.

• Like 1

Perhaps Eddie got off easy

Given the subject matter, the direction of the current conversation, and the fact that I think like a 12 yr old...I am assuming you didn't mean that sentence the way I took it??? But damn, I cracked up when I read it!!! :D

Either way, probably not the tic-tac-toe, 3-on-1 type of play the Flyers were hoping for. I apologize in advance for that last sentence...

DMH... that right there is poetry! Much in the same as this:

Find her finer, sneak up behind her

Wrapped like a mummy till you finally unwind her

Find her blinder, see who designed her

Act like a dummy till you finally grind her

If you should see a girl on the street

Now maybe you might think she is sweet

But if you wanna tickle her treat

Now really, what should you do?

(Rat-tat-tat-tat ta-da!)

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/frank_zappa/#share

• Like 1

DMH... that right there is poetry! Much in the same as this:

Find her finer, sneak up behind her

Wrapped like a mummy till you finally unwind her

Find her blinder, see who designed her

Act like a dummy till you finally grind her

If you should see a girl on the street

Now maybe you might think she is sweet

But if you wanna tickle her treat

Now really, what should you do?

(Rat-tat-tat-tat ta-da!)

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmod...nk_zappa/#share

Ahh yes, "Find Her Finer." Excellent choice mc :)

@DaGreatGazoo Ha ha....no, I didn't mean it the way it sounded, but yeah, kinda funny when you put it in that context! Although, I must say, like rad has said the abuse of women is no laughing matter...just wanted to throw that in, in case people thought I was making light of the obviously serious situtation.

If we assume he is guilty, which is a bad thing to do, he's gonna get somewhere in the 2-5 year range... And, why is he in counseling already if he's not even guilty yet? Not a good sign. And if he is then he's gonna have to register as a sex offender... The kid really screwed this up! No pun intended...

If we assume he is guilty, which is a bad thing to do, he's gonna get somewhere in the 2-5 year range... And, why is he in counseling already if he's not even guilty yet? Not a good sign. And if he is then he's gonna have to register as a sex offender... The kid really screwed this up! No pun intended...

If he's innocent, which we assume he is at the moment, then everything's fine.

There is clearly much, much more to the story than any of us have yet heard, or will for quite a while - given that the case is barred from the press by the Crown in Canada (a system I, quite frankly, prefer in most cases).

The only hearing for bail on the American was closed to the press and the American was given bail.

DinahMoeHumm, on Aug 27, 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

@Polaris922: That certainly could be. It's certainly happened before. Either way, probably not the tic-tac-toe, 3-on-1 type of play the Flyers were hoping for. I apologize in advance for that last sentence...

Don't apologize! It's BRILLIANT! I wonder who got the assists?

Man, you guys are on fire! Now if that burning sensation is emanating from your groin you might want to have it checked out. ;)

• Like 1

I remember when Ed Jovoanovski was a Spit, him and 2 other kids were charged with a similiar incident. Not an excuse, but it's gotta be a tough mix, just discovering your sexuality and ego, and being a recognized member of the community that chicks want to sleep with. Throw in the fact they are potential future millionaries, and you have a situation where these kids can be really taken advantage of....not saying that happened here, but that was the case with Eddie and the boys...a puck bunny who decided she didn't want it "after the fact".

First thing that passed through my mind. I hope that is what really happened. Took advantage of them not the other way around.