Pegula Investing in the City

Guest Pegulaville26

A group led by Terry Pegula was given control of rebuilding the Webster Block in the City of Buffalo. Early reports is that is a 123 million dollar plan. The Pegula team would build two twin indoor rinks, hotel, resturant, a 965 space parking lot, and other property for lease. It is nice to see that Pegula not only cares about making the Sabres a winner, but about the city as well. Also helping rebuild a better city helps attract FA. See the story here...http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/City-picks-Pegulas-Webster-Block-plan

I was just down Canalside for the Buffalo Irish Festival and many people were talking about this development.

They want to be able to have extra practice space and also to be able to host more tournament events.

Some serious revitalization is possible and Buffalo's itching for it.

It's baby steps, but the City is starting to head in the right direction of being rebuilt. What they have done to waterfront so far is really nice. This new plan helps the possibility of getting an All-Star game in Buffalo, and also more of a destination for people looking to spend money on Friday and Saturday nights. Once the Bills get a new owner one day they can put a new stadium where the old Aud was and the city will really be on its way back :D (wishful thinking probably).

@Pegulaville26 Devolping waterfront land is always a no brainer when it comes to revitalizing a city. Windsor has this nice long stretch of 12 miles of uninterupted green park land which faces Detroit. It's wonderful to walk down there and it draws a LOT of families down to the core...then they venture out and get a bite to eat, do a bit of shopping, it has a nice spin off effect on the local economy. There has even been a plan to dredge out a canal from the Detroit River and have it swirl throughout the downtown area...that would be cool.

@Pegulaville26 Devolping waterfront land is always a no brainer when it comes to revitalizing a city. Windsor has this nice long stretch of 12 miles of uninterupted green park land which faces Detroit. It's wonderful to walk down there and it draws a LOT of families down to the core...then they venture out and get a bite to eat, do a bit of shopping, it has a nice spin off effect on the local economy. There has even been a plan to dredge out a canal from the Detroit River and have it swirl throughout the downtown area...that would be cool.

Buffalo was always somewhat divorced from its waterfront because it was such an industrial place rather than picturesque.

They even put two major highways right between downtown and the wafterfront - for the entire length of the Niagara River border - just to make the point. :)

I don't think an NFL stadium would fit downtown any more - especially not with this new project - but Buffalo's done a LOT of work to develop the Canalside area and the Inner Harbor. And a lot of that has to do with the Sabres, Bandits and Bisons traffic as well as the myriad of Festivals that that City puts on in its monthly "biggest party of the year".

Can he invest in something to improve on the 10.5 months of winter? If so, he is really on to something... ;)

Gaz - they had almost no snow last year and the ice hockey tourney on Lake Erie was made into a Street Hockey tourney.

No, really.

I mean, like, February and there's no snow pack on the ground.

10.5 months of winter I love it. As if Buffalo is the North Pole. I really enjoy calling people for my job and they ask where I'm located and I say Buffalo and they respond with "Oh Buffalo! Is it snowing?!" and its July 12th. Happens at least once a week and I usually don't even respond to it anymore. However reading your post actually made me laugh, so I guess it still is a little funny. By the way for anyone really wondering it snows like 4 months (November, December, January, Feburary, and sometimes March).