Who do I belong to?

hf101

@Podein25

Ding Ding Ding

we have a winner

Growing up in western Canada, he played his minor hockey in Calgary, Alberta. He was drafted fifth overall in 1973, and became the first goalie in NHL history to jump directly from major junior to the NHL. While his hockey career was fraught with many significant injuries, he is perhaps best remembered (as a player) for leading the Rangers to the 1979 Stanley Cup Finals on an injured left knee. His jersey numbers were 35, 00 and 30.[2] Davidson was the first, and one of only two, NHL players to wear the number 00; after Martin Biron briefly wore the number in 1995, the league banned the use of the number

I like the cowboy motif with the deputy star ... sort of the lone ranger and he's done a pretty good job building that team in St Louis, a quality North American hockey man.

@mojo1917

I believe the word you are looking for is: primitive

I always like the Whale logo. It's still a big seller I think. Plus they had the Cooperalls like the Flyers, so there's that. They had some great, entertaining playoff battles with the Habs in the 1980s and 1990s.

• Like 1

@Podein25 Ahhh the Whalers, they also gave us the worlds least known 50 goal scorer..Blaine Stoughton. Blaine hit 50 twice with the Flin Flon Bombers in 72 he got 60 and 73 he got 58. Then he graduated to the Pros and netted 52 goals for the Cinny Stingers in 77...then came the NHL, where he netted 56 in 80 and 52 in 82. This guy must have drove GM's mad, because if you look at his career stats, he was either popping 50's or high 40's or stinking up the joint with an 8 goal year....enough of the Whalers history....back to the mask at hand!! ha ha

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5217

...the worlds least known 50 goal scorer..Blaine Stoughton.

I'd have to agree with you there. People also forget that the Bombers produced some other great players besides Clarkie and Leach. Not to mention some tough SOBs. Remember this guy? http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4339

Truly one of the great hockey franchises/places/institutions in Canada.