Now let's not be hypocritical...

Guest Polaris922

After all he shots taken at Crosby for saying he doesn't like the Flyers... here's one of Giroux lowering himself to actually saying he doesn't like Pens fans! LOL

So next time a Flyers fan wants to hack at Sid for saying he doesn't like the Flyers... a rivalry rated top 10 in NHL history.. we can remember this shining moment. LOL :ph34r:

Edited by Polaris922
  • Like 2

But what's not to like about the Flyers?

Claude wasn't handed the keys to the NHL before he'd ever played a single game. As the (horse) "face" of the league Crosby is supposed to be more diplomatic. I honestly don't care that Crosby said that, or that Giroux did. Crosby had a total meltdown in that series. That, I enjoyed. I imagined Sid stomping into the lockerroom after the final game, flopping on the floor, fists and feet flailing away. tears streaming down his cheeks as he throws a temper tantrum like no other in NHL history, screaming "Where were the refs! Where were those rascally refs! I'm supposed to win!!!!"

(It's highly unlikely this happened, but don't ruin it for me OK?)

But what's not to like about the Flyers?

Claude wasn't handed the keys to the NHL before he'd ever played a single game. As the (horse) "face" of the league Crosby is supposed to be more diplomatic. I honestly don't care that Crosby said that, or that Giroux did. Crosby had a total meltdown in that series. That, I enjoyed. I imagined Sid stomping into the lockerroom after the final game, flopping on the floor, fists and feet flailing away. tears streaming down his cheeks as he throws a temper tantrum like no other in NHL history, screaming "Where were the refs! Where were those rascally refs! I'm supposed to win!!!!"

(It's highly unlikely this happened, but don't ruin it for me OK?)

I won't ruin it for you. I LIKE that he doesn't like the Flyers and says as much. Rivalry is fun. Honesty is refreshing! I like that Giroux made comments too. I just wanted to post it out there for the folks who go after Crosby for it saying its childish or whatever other inane comments. And it's not too often you see a team leader comment about opposing teams' fans! Let the rivalry build some more!

How...how...how can this be?

What did we ever do to you Claudia! Personally, I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to function in every day life. Ever since I watched that clip, I've noticed the skies above me are always dark and flowers wilt as I pass by them. The sound of children laughing or witnessing two people in love depresses me to no end and I find myself crying and hyperventilating uncontrollably when I watch clips of Claudia on the NHLN.

So, now what are we going to do? How are we going to make it up to Claudia and get back in her good graces? I don't think chocolate and flowers will work this time. Does she like shoes? What girl doesn't, right? Maybe a nice dinner at Morton's or Capital Grille and then off to the Pittsburgh ballet theatre for a showing of Swan Lake or Giselle? End the night with a dazzling diamond necklace from Tiffany's?

I don't know what to do? At first, I was worried about the the economy, the lockout, genocide, global war and Obama having his head firmly placed inside his own rectum, but going through life knowing Claudia doesn't like us has completely taken over my life and I WILL make it up to her if it's the last thing I do. Don't fear Penguin fans, I WILL make this right for the entire community.

@Penguins-66

Check this quote out... After game 3....

“That’s not my game, but it’s not his either,” Giroux said. Then, later, he added: “The fans hate the Penguins. Obviously, we’re not big fans of them, either.”

Oh Lord! According to SOME Flyers fans (emphasizing some because not all felt this way) .... That childish comment makes Giroux a giant red whiskered *** in a! Lol

I like that he said it. You Flyers guys have been holding out on us here! What is a rivalry without hatred and some honesty about it?

Edited by Polaris922

@Penguins-66

You can try with the Claudia thing, but it just isn't the same. Giroux doesn't have the whining history. He doesn't punch guys in the balls from behind. He has facial hair. He dates women. See? Not the same.

Actually the Claudia thing works pretty well around here. There were a lot of clips of him whining in the series against the Devils and such, and now with the "he slashed my wrists" stuff... It just adds fuel to the fire. It's all fun sideline drama for the rivalry freak show! Lol. He's a star player, and like any star player when some slug in an opposing uniform clutches and holds him he'll get pissed off too.

• Like 1

Actually the Claudia thing works pretty well around here. There were a lot of clips of him whining in the series against the Devils and such, and now with the "he slashed my wrists" stuff... It just adds fuel to the fire. It's all fun sideline drama for the rivalry freak show! Lol. He's a star player, and like any star player when some slug in an opposing uniform clutches and holds him he'll get pissed off too.

I think it's hilarious, Crosby looks in the wrong direction and he's blasted to no end. Claudia cries and complains and it's a completely different story. Let me guess, she's just "being a leader" or she's "not crying, she's just getting over a brutal yeast infection after the New Jersey series". Hell, at least I'm willing to admit Crosby was immature in his younger years and was out of line with the officials at times. It seems like every time I click on a clip of Claudia, she's either complaining about something or running off at the mouth.

2me7gk1.jpg

Dear Pens fans,

Since 1988 I have hated your team with the fire of a billion exploding suns, after 25 years of not being able to suck enough the Pens make the playoffs and everywhere I looked in Western PA I saw and heard "we're going to win the cup " from people that couldn't explain to me what offsides was... a couple of years later it did finally happen; but the association of that ****** franchise with Steeler's greatness was galling and premature. then after Mario's sadly star crossed career closed the Pens went right back to awfulness, only to luck into 2 generational talents within a couple of years of one another while continuing their bottom feeding ways.

My guys have had only brief periods where they were not in the conversation regarding top teams in the east and some of the most terrible luck with injuries and draws in the tournament, always the thisclose to winning but never quite getting all the stars to align to win the damn thing. When my team finally pays the bill for years or Saint Robert Earle's poor decision making we land James vanReimsdyk which proves that by losing you win nothing, unless you're the Pittsburgh Penguins.

the Pens are an easy team to work up a good "sporting hatred" for so if Claude Giroux doesn't like you, good for him, I don't like Pens fans very much either, save for the knowledgeable one's that post here.

Well, at least this shows that Pens fans don't whine.

Oh, wait...

:D

Note the difference between HOW the Cup-winning Greatest Player in the Game Captain of All That Is Pittsburgh says "we don't like them" while explaining why his lack of composure has his favored team down 3-0 and then compare to Claude, just emerging as a great player leading his team for the first time into the playoffs says his comments.

I'll take the latter 11 times out of 10.

And everyone in Pittsburgh should, too.

I think it's hilarious, Crosby looks in the wrong direction and he's blasted to no end. Claudia cries and complains and it's a completely different story. Let me guess, she's just "being a leader" or she's "not crying, she's just getting over a brutal yeast infection after the New Jersey series". Hell, at least I'm willing to admit Crosby was immature in his younger years and was out of line with the officials at times. It seems like every time I click on a clip of Claudia, she's either complaining about something or running off at the mouth.

2me7gk1.jpg

Sid laughing in the window is priceless.... ;)

Dear Pens fans,

Since 1988 I have hated your team with the fire of a billion exploding suns, after 25 years of not being able to suck enough the Pens make the playoffs and everywhere I looked in Western PA I saw and heard "we're going to win the cup " from people that couldn't explain to me what offsides was... a couple of years later it did finally happen; but the association of that ****** franchise with Steeler's greatness was galling and premature. then after Mario's sadly star crossed career closed the Pens went right back to awfulness, only to luck into 2 generational talents within a couple of years of one another while continuing their bottom feeding ways.

My guys have had only brief periods where they were not in the conversation regarding top teams in the east and some of the most terrible luck with injuries and draws in the tournament, always the thisclose to winning but never quite getting all the stars to align to win the damn thing. When my team finally pays the bill for years or Saint Robert Earle's poor decision making we land James vanReimsdyk which proves that by losing you win nothing, unless your the Pittsburgh Penguins.

the Pens are an easy team to work up a good "sporting hatred" for so if Claude Giroux doesn't like you, good for him, I don't like Pens fans very much either, save for the knowledgeable one's that post here.

Props for using "luck" and not "tanking". Finally. Only took me 4 years and a few grey hairs.

@radoran ha ha....Claude has a snarky type of comedic overtone, all in good fun (actually smiling while saying it)....and Crosby looks like he is gonna break down in tears, a statement made in utter and complete frustration. No offense Pens fans, but I would not have posted this. There only similiarity is the topic, the delivery is not even close. Claude comes off as a young rising star who handles the press well, a jovial interveiw....and Crosby comes off as a petulant child...again...wow.