Now let's not be hypocritical...

Guest Polaris922

@Polaris922@B21@Penguins-66@DinahMoeHumm

Sadly I am 4 days late to this thread, and there's nothing to say that hasn't been said already.

So I'll just thow a Puck Fittsburgh on that, yeah that's right, not just the Penguins and their man-taint-punching captain, the whole damn town.....oh hey, but you guys are cool :P

Cryers s*ck. Now go shove a cheesesteak up your arse. ;)

I'm so close I can hit Tony Luke's under the I-95 overpass and still make it back to work in plenty of time. Cape May is nice, but nobody knows there how to make a good steak.....

I guess you get numb to the smell. LOL I drive through there past your sports complex over the summer. Was about 3am and the humidity was still high. What a wonderful smell :ph34r:

I'm about to enjoy a nice cheesesteak for lunch, but not like that!

Speaking of cheesesteaks, who has taken over Geno's since his passing? His wife is a spark plug. Her response to "You didn't build that" was epic. They seem like good people.

Edited by Penguins-66
  • Like 1

robert schimmel was brilliant at times... i use that joke all the time.

I *so* miss that guy. I'll never forget the first time I saw him. My wife and I were in NYC on a business trip and were catching him late at night on TV - I think it was on HBO at the time. We were in tears through nearly the whole show. His bits about the doctor's exam ("I taste metal!" and "does it smell like I just thought I had to fart") and the adult toy shop/results of the purchase ("take it out of the box first!") had me doubled over. Still do when I watch them. Sad that the guy beat cancer and then died in a car accident. And I believe his daughter was driving. That poor girl. :(

• Like 1

@Penguins-66

when i think of transcendent talents, there are guys who are great, and people just roll with it accept there's nothing to be done about it , save accept & admire it. derek jeter, peyton manning, wayne gretzky, mario lemieux for a time michael jordan, (until his HOF speech). there isn't/wasn't the vitriol directed at those guys the way there was at john elway, barry bonds, patrick roy, charles barkley, mike schmidt, and terrell owens.

I dunno why this just struck me, but Gretzky was considered a whiner when he first broke into the league as well. Anyone that young needs time to mature.

@Polaris922 ha ha....valid point, the grown up version is front and center in my mind, but now that you mention it, the young immature version of Gretzky was always whining at the refs, asking for calls, questioning calls....he stopped around year 3 or 4....or at least dramatically cut it down.

@Polaris922 ha ha....valid point, the grown up version is front and center in my mind, but now that you mention it, the young immature version of Gretzky was always whining at the refs, asking for calls, questioning calls....he stopped around year 3 or 4....or at least dramatically cut it down.

Sounds very familiar... But as stated before YouTube and bloggers keep things going.

@Polaris922

The difference was, Gretzky had to earn his place in the NHL. I remember a lot of people (including myself) thinking he was too fragile to be a great NHLer. Crosby was handed the keys to the league BEFORE he was even drafted.

That actually makes it tougher on Crosby in my mind. He was 18 by a few weeks when he made his on ice debut. I'm pretty sure he's handled it all a lot better than I could have at that age. Probably better than most if not all of us.

@Polaris922

I'm pretty sure Pens fans view the way Crosby has handled it a bit better than fans of other teams. Away from the game he is a good role model. During the game he has a spoiled brat "I deserve this" attitude that a lot of us are sick of. One that came to a head last postseason. Maybe he learns from that, maybe he continues on as the annointed one.

@Polaris922

I'm pretty sure Pens fans view the way Crosby has handled it a bit better than fans of other teams. Away from the game he is a good role model. During the game he has a spoiled brat "I deserve this" attitude that a lot of us are sick of. One that came to a head last postseason. Maybe he learns from that, maybe he continues on as the annointed one.

That's where I don't see him as any different attitude wise than most of the other superstars in the league. The first couple years yes, but not now. Even in the losing series against your Flyers he played with a lot of passion. Yeah things got to him, but I can't believe any Flyers fans could gripe about some anger and fiestiness on the ice. You'd have to swear off most of your franchise's history to avoid the hypocrisy of it. I guess that's what makes me laugh the most at some of the Flyers support posts. The sheer hypocrisy of it. Not ALL mind you, but a lot.

• Like 2