Jagr Plays For Giroux - "A Top 3 Forward In The League"

Guest Digityman

Jagr on Giroux:

I kind of want to play for him,” Jagr said. “All the years I was in the NHL, guys were trying to play for me … I want to be for him. I just want to be a good help for him.”

After the Flyers’ 5-3 win over the Carolina Hurricanes Monday night, Jagr was asked what it is about Giroux that’s enabled the duo to find such chemistry on the ice. Jagr had nothing but glowing praise for his linemate.

“I love to play with him,” Jagr said. “I think he’s the top – I don’t want to say he’s the best right now in the league, but he’s top three for sure. I never thought at the end of my career I was going to play with a guy like that. And that’s what’s made me happy.”

Who is this Jagr? Plays all zones. Helping others?

Homer, you look like a genius.

Jagr has been a nice surprise so far. Knocks on him before the season were that he would sulk and distance himself from the team if things were not going well.

I am not seeing that and when does the suggestion to possibly sign him for another year start?

Jagr, so far, has been everything that his reputation says he is NOT. I don't know what got into him. Age? Desire to win one more championship? But whatver the cause may be, he and Giroux are splitting an MVP nomination for this team right now.

When I read that before the season even started he asked Homer for a full access to the skating rink 24/7, that told me right there that the guy is committed, and committed seriously.

What I find refreshing - and this is what this thread addresses - is that we are seeing one new component in Jagr's game that he wasn't quite known for. He really looks to be making plays for others. He's always been known as a finsisher, but man...... can the guy create chances for others. He's been using his size to create space and he has soft hands to make that difficult pass in traffic. And that's a lethal combination. If he keeps it up and stays healthy, this line will be unstoppable.

Jagr was kidnapped 3 years ago by a Homlgren special forces team. He was spirited away to a secret lab and cloned. Special mental training and a new body, though looking 39, and he was ready to go this year. The original Jagr is in chains in the basement and thrown raw meat once a day.

I'm loving the signing. Perhaps the best of all teams this off season...

I never thought I would say or even think that, but yeah, so far this has been the best signing of the off-season by ALL the teams.

Edited by Mad Dog

Jagr was kidnapped 3 years ago by a Homlgren special forces team. He was spirited away to a secret lab and cloned. Special mental training and a new body, though looking 39, and he was ready to go this year. The original Jagr is in chains in the basement and thrown raw meat once a day.

Aha! So...finally the truth comes out. I knew something - hell just about everything - about the #68 we're seeing now isn't even remotely the same as it was. Except for the goliath-like strength he has on his skates everything else is like brand new. Literally. Jagr never backchecked in his life unless it by accident. He rarely crossed the fkng red line! And god forbid if any of his teammates got a whiff of better press than him - that was grounds for a full-blown (and public) Jag-girl temper tantrum.

I'm done bitching about him, done wondering whether he'll be just as good this spring. I don't care anymore. He's made a believer out of me. There will be rocky patches this season, they're inevitable. But at this point I can't imagine seeing the old Jagr primma-donna routine. I expect to see a veteran pro doing whatever it takes to right the ship. I guess I've been officially converted to a Jaromir Jagr fan.

Wow. They say if you live long enough...

I bet you G doesn't make quite a big step this year without Jagr.

Absolutely. He's second in point and goals. Maybe that was Homer's plan?

I guess I've been officially converted to a Jaromir Jagr fan

Shocked.

When I read that before the season even started he asked Homer for a full access to the skating rink 24/7, that told me right there that the guy is committed, and committed seriously.

This still blows my mind. Just his work ethic alone with have a lasting impact on this group of young players.

It isn't just Jagr's work ethic, he was inviting teammates to join him at his special practices. He's literally making the players around him better and more accountable.

Not sure if Giroux is a top 3 forward, or even a top 3 center, but he's on his way.

Sounds like Jagr has grown up. With age comes experience, wisdom, and maturity. As I said before, I loved to hate this guy. Now I hate that I love him. Ha. That sounds kinda queer, but he's like one of my favorite players on the team now. Our rookies and young players have a great opportunity in playing with him this season. I hope they appreciate that and don't waste it. The change in the team this season after dumping Richards and Carter and brining in Jagr and Talbot and with Pronger anchoring it all is so obvious and has been phenomenally positive. The Columbus fans are bitching in their blogs now about how lazy Carter is and how he doesn't take advantage of second chances. I just shake my head and smile. We are so much better off.

Yeah, Jagr took me by surprise, I didn't see him playing at this level (better than Nodl though....*smirk*).

I was blown away by the signings, the trades and the shake-up.

crazy how this team can just reset like it has...just need to get over the hump and bring back the cup. Too bad it took this long to realize the importance of the goaltending position.

I'm just wary about the cost...