Most Memorable Flyers game you ever attended

Guest pags569

Definitely the last game at the Spectrum. Gene Hart the MC, and the classy act of the old and new players taking their skate around the ice. I was a die hard and hated to see the Spectrum go. It was old, ugly, smelled like urine, the bathrooms were disgusting but it was home. Seeing Behn Wilson skate with Christine I remembered vividly as Behn still looked good and would have loved to see him drop Bundy. Of course the best was seeing Lindros and Clarkie skating around together. I so glad they bured the hatchet.

Flyers - Oilers, game 6, 1987 -- mere words cannot adequately describe the feeling in that building when Daigneault scored "the goal". I thought for sure that the building was going to literally collapse. I've never heard noise quite like that in all my years of attending games, concerts, etc., and I don't suppose that I ever will again!

For me it has to be my first game ever because that is what got me into Hockey in the first place. As an 8 year old boy at the time I never cared for sports in general until that day but after that game somehting awoke in me that I never knew existed and changed me forever. Hockey instantly became my favorite sport and the Flyers my favorite team. I immediately tried to figure out how to get to more games and how to follow the Flyers as I had never followed any team before.

No gentlemen, unless I attend a game where the Flyers win and skate the cup, November 11th 1984 Flyers Vs Oilers at the Spectrum will always be my favorite game (box score below) because of the feeling I got and the impact it had on me and still does to this day.

http://www.flyershis...re.cgi?19840150

Here are my second and 3rd choices

2nd choice : April 10th 1988 Flyers Vs Captials Patrick Division Semifinals. This was the 1st year my family had season tix and we were going to the playoffs. I had been to a playoff game in 1985 vs the Nordiques and we lost I had been to one on April 9th vs the Caps that we won, but nothing could prepare me for the excitement of my first playoff OT win in the 3rd Playof game I had ever attended. . Long story short, the Flyers were down 2-1 going into the 3rd period. The Craps scored 2 quick goals early in the 3rd. I was so pissed and wanted to leave but my good old dad would not have any of it. Half way through the 3rd Mark Howe gets one back 5 minutes later it is a 1 goal game! In the last minute of play Kjell ties the game!!! 1:07 into OT Craven wins it! WOW what a feeling, yeah it was first round but wow what a memory!

http://www.flyershis...ore.cgi?1988004

Finally my 3rd choice has to be Games 3 of 2010 SCF vs the Blackhawks. That was my first SCF game attended and what a win with Giroux scoring in OT! I really thought we were going to ride that wave of momentum all the way to the cup...I am still scratching my head asking what the heck happened in game 5 of that series???

There are many honorable mentions in there and hundreds of duds but these 3 stand out as milestones to me.

Edited by Poulin20

Flyers - Oilers, game 6, 1987 -- mere words cannot adequately describe the feeling in that building when Daigneault scored "the goal". I thought for sure that the building was going to literally collapse. I've never heard noise quite like that in all my years of attending games, concerts, etc., and I don't suppose that I ever will again!

Soooo jealous of you, would love to have been there! I couldnt even see it because we didnt get cable int he suburbs yet...I listened on the radio and was amazed by the noise coming out of it. I still remeber watching the highlights on the local news over and over again! Sadly I was able to see game 7 on Philly 57 and would rather forget that game.

I went to Game 3 of the ECF against Tampa in 2004. Flyers lost the game, and I don't really remember the score, but it was memorable because I had only been back from Iraq for about a week, came home from Colorado, and went to the game that night. Guy next to me bought me a beer, then punched out a Tampa fan who rolled down like 5-6 rows of seats. He got thrown out.

Most memorable for me though wasn't really a game...Went down with a buddy to the Wachovia to watch game 7 against Boston two years ago. Insane atmosphere at the start went to total silence, then started to build back up. Once they tied it, the place stayed loud and when Gagne scored to go ahead the crowd went nuts and didn't stop until well after it was over. Totally amazing experience.

April 2004, game 5 of the Division playoffs against New Jersey. Was living near Baltimore at the time so it was a short trip up 95. My only playoff game experience, and what great time it was! Also my first time sitting close to the ice, about 8 rows up at about the base of the circle. NJ was still very much a monkey on the Flyers' backs at that time, and it was great to see Nitty handle all the shots but one and the defense just be well-positioned and disciplined to finally beat those Devils. Place was really rocking at the end. I got kinda hoarse, too. (please no puns)

As seen from section 28, last row up. Long live the Spectrum!!!

1-1987 Final Game 6 vs Edmonton. I couldn't describe it, it was like a dream. Youtube it.

2-1987 Semi-Final Game 6 vs Quebec. Poulin's 5 on 3 shorthanded breakaway goal off his own great steal near the defensive blueline. Wow.

3- 1987 (it was a very good year) Quarterfinal Game 7 vs NY Islanders. Poulin has busted ribs but gets shot up with novocaine (according to legend), hits everything in sight and goes after every loose puck, Flyers pepper Kelly Hrudey for a 3-zip lead. Poulin leaves after the first and doesn't return, if I remember correctly.

4-1978ish regular season vs Cleveland Barons. I'm 11 at the time, started feeling sick on the car ride up, puked in the Spectrum parking lot (as would happen pre-concert in the future, more than once). Somehow convinced Dad I was ok and we should go in. Wildest bench clearing brawl I ever witnessed, I swear I remember Dave Hoyda banging a guy's head against an exposed goal peg

5-1995 Quarterfinals vs the Rangers Games 1 and 2. Two OT wins to start the series, after 5 years out of the playoffs, we're back bitches!!!

In the new building.....

1- 2004 Game 6 vs Tampa. My then 11 year old son was just really getting into hockey, late 3rd period it looks he's about to experience his first heartbreaker in person. I'm trying to figure out something sage to say to him for the walk to the car, then Primeau ties it, put the team on his back and willed the tying goal. Gagne in OT. Instead he got to see a playoff win the fans will always talk about.

2-2000 Game 7 vs the Devils. When Stevens laid Lindros out, I knew the series and his career were both over. I was a little wrong about the career, but but he never wore O&B again.

Edited by sarsippius

1) The Domi in the box game vs. the fan..Just for the sheer craziness.

2) First game Flyers vs. Islanders in 89. It was weird watching the game and only hearing the sounds of the puck hitting things vs. hearing the announcer give game details like I was used to..

3) Although not Flyers, I was lucky to see both Phantom Championship game clinchers..That was nice, but would rather see a Stanley Cup..