Fantasy Hockey (philly.com league)

Guest hf101

I guess it is time to put this fantasy league together. I've recently been named the commish of the philly.com league.

Currently the philly.com league is a pay league with an entry fee of $50.

I'm awaiting to see if a couple of the members return. So there maybe up to 6 available slots.

We can also set up additonal HockeyForums leagues that are free depending on interest.

Let me know what you all think.

Edited by hf101
updated information

I believe invites have been sent out to all of last years members of the philly.com league. After we see how many sign up, we can determine how many more we need.

In the mean time those interested in joining a new Hockey Forums free league continue to state your interest here in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

@killjoysfly

So far there hasn't been a lot of interest in a new league. But we will have room in ours and you are welcome to join in if you like. It does cost $50. and all the money is returned to the winners. $$ is returned to the Presidents trophy winner, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and the consolation winner of 6-12 placed teams. Usually we have 12 teams currently we only have 6 managers signed up. So technically this league could have six first year players.

Fantasy hockey isn't that hard as long as you tend to your team. Several of us here can answer your questions. If it helps, I won this league the very first time I played.........and haven't won any fhl since.

Send me a pm with the email address you would like to use if interested and I will send you an invite.

@killjoysfly

I would like to have a group put together in the next several weeks.....depending on the lockout. The openings will go first come first serve. As far as the lockout goes.......Yahoo will make the adjustments.....the league can't start until the NHL season begins. The fhl season ends on the last day of the regular season. The fhl playoffs are usually the last 3 weeks of the regular NHL season.

As far as our league goes. We play a deep league meaning we have a relatively large roster. We play....C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR

Last year we had these scoring categories.........

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shorthanded Goals (SHG), Shorthanded Assists (SHA), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Goaltenders Stat Categories:

Games Started (GS), Wins (W), Goals Against (GA), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

We play on yahoo.....yahoo does all the scoring. Basically you try to put your best scoring players in the 18 slots available on a daily basis. Rosters can be set up on a weekly basis as well. There are web sites that we can share that have a good reputation for predicting which goalies start each night. Rosters can be set up until game time.

All players not selected in the live draft are free agents and can be added and dropped to your roster as often as you wish. Dropped players must clear waivers.....usually a few days before another manager can add them.

Last year we played with waiver money......which was set at $100 for the season. All play money, but as a manager you could spend your waiver money to out bid your opponents on desireable players dropped and on waivers. Most members had money left over.

We play head to head with a new matchup every week starting on mondays. During the playoffs the top 6 teams play in the championship and the bottom 6 teams in the consolation bracket.