TOP OHL Prospects (2013)

Guest Podein25

@jammer2

Hey buddy, is it ok if I throw a few OHL prospect names (all 2013 eligible) at you, I would like your professional opinion (assuming you've seen some of them or heard about them from people in the know):

• Kerby Rychel (I like what I've heard, plus has the bloodlines. Considering taking him in the 1st round...
  • Ryan Kujawinski (Kingston, lots of hype after his play post-trade)
  • Jason Dickinson (Guelph, also some hype)
  • Brandon Robinson (Brampton, big)
  • Stephen Harper (Erie, not the PM)
  • Stephan Nosad (Petes)

Edited by Podein25

@Podein25 Of those guys, I only know Jason Dickson...saw him once last year. His skating stuck out, and had decent size for a kid think he's about 6'1 and still growing. Just going on gut and the one game, but he is one to keep an eye on. I think he will go from 13 goals last year to 35 or so this season.

Kerby is a Spitfire, a can't miss prospect. Plays very well away from the puck and scored 40 goals as a 17 year old last year. Has a nice nose for the net, goes to the dirty areas and is a team leader. He will play in the NHL as a top 6 forward, I'm sure of it. Kerby is a lock for 50 goals this season....which will help his draft ranking. above average skater, but not super fast. I think he goes anywhere from 10-15.

You might want to get the low down on Andres Anthousis (sp..lol). He just got dealt to Barrie, so fc should be able to help you out with him, think he's a Wing pick...was with the Knights last season. Really good skater but on the smallish side.

• 2 weeks later...

@jammer2

I thought I'd tell you how this shook down at the draft.

Rychel went 25th, but not to me, alas. I picked 5 spots after, so I was close. But I didn't think he'd fall that far actually. With guys like Sean Monahan already drafted (last year), he was one of the top OHL guys available.

But I got Drouin with my first pick, which I was thrilled with. The guy who covers the Mooseheads for the paper, told me that he is, in many ways, better than MacKinnon, more skilled, more dynamic. And just as determined. Taking him basically means I have to go to more Moose games. A lot more. Which is just fine with me, Bettman, you rat-faced ****.

@jammer2

I thought I'd tell you how this shook down at the draft.

Rychel went 25th, but not to me, alas. I picked 5 spots after, so I was close. But I didn't think he'd fall that far actually. With guys like Sean Monahan already drafted (last year), he was one of the top OHL guys available.

But I got Drouin with my first pick, which I was thrilled with. The guy who covers the Mooseheads for the paper, told me that he is, in many ways, better than MacKinnon, more skilled, more dynamic. And just as determined. Taking him basically means I have to go to more Moose games. A lot more. Which is just fine with me, Bettman, you rat-faced ****.

@Podein25 Yeah, that woulda been almost impossible for Kerby to fall to you there, but Drouin is a real NICE back up plan. This prospect ranking (kinda like these guys, pretty accurate most times) actually has Drouin at #12 and Rychel at #13....so good job bro!

http://www.thescouti...ry-top-30-1-15/

This mock has Rychel going to the Oilers (could you imagine....them scoring this type of talent at #13....wow, the forwards would just be ridiclous....makes sense also cause they need another center. Surprisingly, Drouin is ranked #23 here, has him going to the Blues...seems to low for him.

@jammer2

Interesting how different some of these projections are. Further proof that scouting is more art than science I suppose.

I have Rychel top20, maybe top 15, but rising. Drouin I have as top 10. Interesting to see how high that list had Erne (8th). I like him too and own him (last year), but I think Drouin has quite a bit more upside.

Lemme know if and when you see the Pete's play. I'd be interested in your take on this 16 year old who I also got later on: Eliteprospects.com - Eric Cornel

@Podein25 Will do, prob only going to half the games this year, but I always like to see the Petes, same with the Generals.

I'm with you, still trying to piece this years draft together, but I see Rychel as a top 15, but not breaking into the top 10. I think the Spits offense will not be that strong this year, so that will hold him back in the stats dept. From what I know of Drouin, he's a special talent, top 10 sounds about right.

@jammer2

Cool thanks. With Drouin going top10/top5, and with already having Seth Jones and Sasha Barkov, plus Erne and Carrier, I may have 4-5 guys going in the top 10 next June!

sadly, almost all of them may have to be moved in order for me to get another elite starting goalie, but that's how it works. Drouin is the one I'd really like to hang on to, if I had to pick today.